The Student Room Group

English and Drama Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Just got an AAB offer from Bristol! So, so happy and shocked haha :biggrin:
Reply 61
Heard from nowhere yet :frown: Oh man.
Reply 62
Got an offer from Leeds yesterday! So happy :smile: yeah, UEA tomorrow, thanks for the luk ahhhh, and Bristol Friday, looking forward to getting all the interviews done now. UCAS seems to be over now for everyone except us and medics...
Reply 63
now panicking.
Reply 64
Original post by holly6946
now panicking.

Don't panic - everywhere I've been there've been applicants who've heard from one place but not places where other people have heard from etc, like at UEA today there were people who hadn't heard from Leeds and vice versa. It just depends who your application goes to and stuff I think! There's still interviews and auditions running for ages and like I said, people for medicine havent heard from anywhere too. Dont panic :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by ek101
Don't panic - everywhere I've been there've been applicants who've heard from one place but not places where other people have heard from etc, like at UEA today there were people who hadn't heard from Leeds and vice versa. It just depends who your application goes to and stuff I think! There's still interviews and auditions running for ages and like I said, people for medicine havent heard from anywhere too. Dont panic :smile:

I was at UEA today too umm the blonde in the grey jacket haha
and am going to Bristol friday which is my first.. very nervous but very excited
Reply 66
Original post by icbilling
I was at UEA today too umm the blonde in the grey jacket haha
and am going to Bristol friday which is my first.. very nervous but very excited

I'm at Bristol on Friday too! are you morning or afternoon?
Reply 67
Leeds have put my application on hold... which has pushed me into being about 90percent sure UEA will be my firm :smile: Feb Warwick interviews came through yesterday? Whose got one? I'll be going :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by holly6946
Heard from nowhere yet :frown: Oh man.

When did you apply? I sent my application off in October so don't be disheartened by not hearing back. UEA and Leeds both took about a month to get back to me :smile: everywhere's still running interviews!
Reply 69
Original post by ek101

Thank you for trying to calm my neurosis, best of lucks to yooou xxxxx
Reply 70
Original post by Joell3
When did you apply? I sent my application off in October so don't be disheartened by not hearing back. UEA and Leeds both took about a month to get back to me :smile: everywhere's still running interviews!

Oh I applied in December...Eng and Drama at UEA, Leeds, Goldsmith's and Bristol...

MEWWW. I'll try not to be disheartened, just itching to know something, good, bad or ugly.

Good luck to you (: xxxx
Reply 71
Original post by Joell3
Leeds have put my application on hold... which has pushed me into being about 90percent sure UEA will be my firm :smile: Feb Warwick interviews came through yesterday? Whose got one? I'll be going :smile:

Just got an offer from UEA!!!! Now gotta think about choices... What is it that makes you want to go to UEA so much? So so happy, just bristol to go now :smile:
Reply 72
Original post by ek101
Just got an offer from UEA!!!! Now gotta think about choices... What is it that makes you want to go to UEA so much? So so happy, just bristol to go now :smile:

Norwich is beautiful yet still has lots of pubs and shops and the campus itself has lots of green space and rabbits! On the open day the drama talk was unpretentious, didn't have a power point and the phrase 'cutting edge research' wasn't used. The head of department Tony seemed like a great guy and I instantly liked him.

But the main thing is the course, lots of practical and actor training modules as well as opportunities to direct, chances for work experience placements and the English side has some really interesting looking modules.

I was lucky enough to have Tony for my interview and I really enjoyed it. I feel like the Shakespeare monologue everyone has to do makes the audition so much more legitimate. I didn't particularly enjoy the audition process at Leeds, improvisation under pressure in 5 minutes is not my thing. At UEA I really felt like I had a chance to show what I was capable of. The actual interview overran and the lady organising them came in and basically told him to get on with it haha :') we started from my personal statement and basically spent 10 minutes slagging off Twilight and discussing the conventions of Gothic literature in relation to Buffy the Vampire slayer! Then I really felt like it was easy for me to turn the conversation around to what I wanted to talk about rather than being asked all the usual pointless questions like 'why english and drama?' in which you're forced to just go on a massive speil about how much you LOVE the subject and the university your interviewing at :')

All the students helping were really friendly and there was loads of opportunity to ask questions, they really helped put us at ease.

I think when you find the right uni you kinda just know? Writing all of this has made me fall in love with UEA all over again :tongue:

Also according to most of the league tables its the number one uni for drama, not that its what you should go on, but its extremely well respected by those in the field and that's always good to know when it comes to employment and stuff :smile: also go to UEA = end up being Doctor Who!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 73
Offer from UEA for Scriptwriting and Performance!!!!!
On to Bristol tomorrow :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by ek101

Haha go my offer too :smile:
Bristol tomorrow.. a little nervous but happy about UEA
Good luck for tomorrow
OH and im there for the afternoon might see you even though I don't know who you are haha
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by olivia_28
Just got an AAB offer from Bristol! So, so happy and shocked haha :biggrin:

How long after your interview did you hear?
Reply 76
Offer from Goldsmith's (: sfg xxxx
Original post by Joell3
I didn't particularly enjoy the audition process at Leeds, improvisation under pressure in 5 minutes is not my thing.

You seem very fond of UEA! What did you think of Leeds? Good luck for all! :smile:
Reply 78
Original post by gemnomnom
You seem very fond of UEA! What did you think of Leeds? Good luck for all! :smile:

Actual uni and place = amazing, lovely buildings, all the shops you could want, nightlife etc.

But in terms of the course and general atmosphere I think I prefer UEA. Student union there was pretty much unbeatable though!
Reply 79
Original post by Joell3
Actual uni and place = amazing, lovely buildings, all the shops you could want, nightlife etc.

But in terms of the course and general atmosphere I think I prefer UEA. Student union there was pretty much unbeatable though!

Can't wait to go to UEA!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending