The Student Room Group

Cinema Induction day

Got accepted for a job at vue, starting real soon but can anybody let me know what to expect please, a bit nervous. I'm kinda shy at meeting new people so hope I don't ruin my chance at starting a new job :.

Regarding uniform, is it a safe bet to wear a black trouser and black polo top? I don't get along with Shirts/T-shirts so prefer polo top.
Reply 1
What Vue is this for? As I went to an interview for Vue on Tuesday and I was told they'd get back to me today, but so far I've heard nothing :frown: but I remain hopeful that they'll call soon...after all, they called me about the interview at like 7pm on Sunday! Did they call you in the evening to tell you that you'd got the job?
Reply 2
I applied for a job at Vue back in September... say's they get back to you within 10 days, still nothing!
Reply 3
Call them up! They told me they'd get back to me yesterday after having the interview on tuesday, and they didn't so I called them up at around lunch time today and the lady said she'll ask my interviewer to call me back at around 5pm. Half an hour after I called up, I got a call and was told that I got the job and had the highest marks out of everyone who was interviewed! :biggrin: Problem is I'm not available for one of the days of the 4 day induction period so I have to wait until March to get inducted. Until then I'm on the system booked in for that induction and I made sure to save the number so I can call them in March to remind them.
I'll let you know what happens,

You start with various introduction to the cinema background/pay/benefit/holidays/job role and shifts etc; Then you get through loads of health and safety information. Get two mini tests done (all H&S related), get a tour of the cinema lastly.

All in all should take more than 4-5 hours to be honest.
Original post by jameshoward2009
I'll let you know what happens,

You start with various introduction to the cinema background/pay/benefit/holidays/job role and shifts etc; Then you get through loads of health and safety information. Get two mini tests done (all H&S related), get a tour of the cinema lastly.

All in all should take more than 4-5 hours to be honest.

What sort of questions did they ask about Health and Safety?
Reply 6
Vue are THE WORST employers is history. The benefits are good if you like watching films (I think the policy is 4 free tickets a week, although at mine it was unlimited due to poor management) but that's where it ends!
The rotas are never sent on time, which means you could receive the next weeks rota the night before. They're not very flexible with giving days off and the managers will generally schedule you in whenever they want, regardless of how inconvenient or nonsensical the hours (closing at 1am on Tuesday, opening at 9am the same day)
Got a complaint? Don't bother! This company loves to pass the buck because the managers are so obsessed with getting their bonuses. At my Vue two of the managers were fired and it took YEARS to finally get rid of them. They regularly mess up your pay and it takes weeks for them to sort it out.... I could go on.

The uniforms are awful and they patronise their staff (a queue-buster armband to show customers you'll jump on a till if it's busy? No thanks!). They've enforced a billion pointless rules and watch their staff like hawks which makes it an uncomfortable environment to work in.

That being said a job is a job, move on as soon as you can anybody that does eventually end up with this company!!!!!
Reply 7
Hi,
I have an interview for Vue, anyone know what the uniforms are like for girls? And the usual hours you work?
Thanks
Reply 8
Original post by thatg
I applied for a job at Vue back in September... say's they get back to you within 10 days, still nothing!

that's what they said to me but my 10 days start today
Reply 9
Original post by thatg

I applied again on Friday... got an interview tonight!!! Actually looking forward to it!

Although I think they've got a lot of people to interview as she said they only had a couple of slots left.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by thatg
I applied again on Friday... got an interview tonight!!! Actually looking forward to it!

Although I think they've got a lot of people to interview as she said they only had a couple of slots left.

How did your interview go?
Reply 11
Original post by MrBuck
How did your interview go?

It was alright, forgot one of the questions that I was going to ask though lol

Weird thing is the interview was at one of the tables in the foyer, not in an office. Don't know if that's how they normally do them?

TBH, I don't think I'll get the job but hope I do. Should find out in the next couple of days.
Reply 12
Didn't get it because I'd only work up to 10pm, after that I can't get home otherwise apart from an expensive taxi!
Reply 13
I had an interview last Thursday applied for a part time position with Vue but I was a bit concerned as I was told I am too good for the role as I worked in office before. Got a call half an hours ago saying i got the job its been exactly a week since my interview. The manager seems very friendly and I am looking forward to start. Got the induction next Thursday. All I can say is be patient and if you dont get a call within 10 days then ring them. Good luck everyone I will keep you posted
Original post by Buby
I had an interview last Thursday applied for a part time position with Vue but I was a bit concerned as I was told I am too good for the role as I worked in office before. Got a call half an hours ago saying i got the job its been exactly a week since my interview. The manager seems very friendly and I am looking forward to start. Got the induction next Thursday. All I can say is be patient and if you dont get a call within 10 days then ring them. Good luck everyone I will keep you posted

I've also got induction day on Thursday! What cinema are you ganna work for ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which one is it for?
The induction is boring it's just going through loads of books about health and safety and then a tour if the building . I loved working there cos the people were amazing , I was in my second year f Uni tho and they still put me in for loads of hours and I couldn't really handle my work load and the job - the turnover is massive and the pay isn't very good. You sometimes have to work till the early hours of the mornif as well which isn't the best .
I applied online and got a phone call a week later. They did a quick phone interview and asked me to attend a in person interview the next day, it ended up being a group interview and all 4 of us got told we had the job right after. This was for plymouth vue and the whole process took no more then a week from applying to induction day :smile: The induction day is tomorrow and am unsure about what to where and bring :/ any help please?
(edited 8 years ago)
Ive got an induction on thursday as well at the shepards bush westfeild cinema

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending