The Student Room Group

A Levels 7 Subjects

Scroll to see replies

7 is way too much, unis only want 3/4 really. I study 5 and its a lot of work and they dont even have coursework and by guessing the arts subjects have a lot of coursework in them. I would cut down all the different artsy ones and just do them as hobbies
Reply 21
Not really no, unless your a child prodigy, which (no offence) but you're probably not considering those choices. To be honest I don't think many Universities would value half those subjects anyway. The ones they would I suspect are English, Art, Art History, Business Studies (marginal).
sorry but.. are you crazy?
How are you physically going to fit it in a timetable?! 9 hours per subject times 7 subjects... 63 hour weeks?!!
Reply 24
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn

My cousin did 7 A levels and a degree at Oxford.
He is currently unemployed and spends all his time on world of warcraft.
Just focus on the ones that you enjoy the most and need for what you want to do - otherwise you will work yourself into the ground :smile:

A degree at Oxford and he is spending time on WOW?
Original post by jaenvin
Hi, I have currently enrolled for 7 subjects for my AS Levels:

Fine Art
Photography
Graphic Design
Textiles Design
Art History
English Language and Literature
Business Studies

However, it seems that it is recommended to take only 3-4 subjects.

Do you think it's feasible to do that many?

Are you feeling suicidal?! :eek:
Original post by jaenvin
A degree at Oxford and he is spending time on WOW?

pretty much!
Reply 27
Original post by kpritchx

Original post by kpritchx
How are you physically going to fit it in a timetable?! 9 hours per subject times 7 subjects... 63 hour weeks?!!

When I was taking my Audio Engineering Diploma at SAE, my classes were only about 3-3.5 hours a day, but I spent almost 12 hours per day, for every single day of the week, doing assignments and studying for exams.

I guess, when you get into the hang of it, it kinds of rubs off? It's not that much of fun, but the end results are extremely satisfying.

I am not sure whether anyone can relate to this? But, if you can, you will get the drift of it. :smile:
Reply 28

I envy that he goes to Oxford, because it shows that he has brains.

But why WOW. Why! Why! Why!
Reply 29
Original post by Jessica_94

Original post by Jessica_94
sorry but.. are you crazy?

Haha, yes. A bit on the OCD side.
Im just going to be quite blunt and say that unless you have a time machine in you garden this does not seem like a very good idea
Original post by jaenvin
I envy that he goes to Oxford, because it shows that he has brains.

But why WOW. Why! Why! Why!

oh he's had his degree for about 2 years now!
I know it's weird!
Reply 32

oh he's had his degree for about 2 years now!
I know it's weird!

If I had an Oxford degree, I would most probably be overjoyed, then get to work straight away.

He probably has a degree in WOW too. LOL.
Reply 33
Original post by redtortoise

Original post by redtortoise
Im just going to be quite blunt and say that unless you have a time machine in you garden this does not seem like a very good idea

I will most probably take some as hobbies instead of as an examinable subject.

Just realized that I am really getting older, and need my sleep.
Why dont you just do 4 and put that extra time that you would have spent doing work into doing somthing extra that will make universitys want you for example you could do some volunteer work.
4 excelent A levels and volunteering will been seen as alot better than 7 alright A levels
Original post by jaenvin
Haha, yes. A bit on the OCD side.

you must be to do 7 alevels. 4 is enough for me
Wow, by the time you're finished your hand will be permanently set to hold a paintbrush...
I hope you do Art on your free time everyday lol....
Reply 37
Original post by Forget that

Original post by Forget that
Wow, by the time you're finished your hand will be permanently set to hold a paintbrush...
I hope you do Art on your free time everyday lol....

My hand will be impaled by the paintbrush. Hahaha.
Original post by jaenvin
My hand will be impaled by the paintbrush. Hahaha.

Seriously though, don't put yourself under too much strain because you feel you can handle it- i know it's hard letting go from subjects from GCSE but at one point in your life you will have too :smile:

5/6 will be more than enough!
Reply 39
no reason why not but its probably mean you dont get such good grades over all and as most unis only ask for 3a2's plus 1 as seem pointless...

Quick Reply

Latest