Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Scarborough Campus/Cayley halls 2012

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I see there is a thread about people going to the hull campus but is anyone planning on going to Scarborough campus and staying in halls this coming academic year?

Also are you planning on taking a car/any type of transportation device
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edward92)
    I see there is a thread about people going to the hull campus but is anyone planning on going to Scarborough campus and staying in halls this coming academic year?

Also are you planning on taking a car/any type of transportation device

Heyy, I think i'm planning on staying in the halls this coming academic year!! And yes, i'm taking my car with me x
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Scarborough in September! I'm taking my car but as far as I know there is very little/no student parking on campus. I'll be staying in uni managed accommodation so this shouldn't be too much of a problem as I'll be walking to uni anyway

What course are you guys doing?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Scarbs in September but thought Cayley halls were ridiculously priced! So I'm staying in a student house (not owned by the uni) which is gorgeous and only £67 per week with all bills included! Definitely advise looking on Scarborough Student Pad.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanysmith_)
    I'm going to Scarbs in September but thought Cayley halls were ridiculously priced! So I'm staying in a student house (not owned by the uni) which is gorgeous and only £67 per week with all bills included! Definitely advise looking on Scarborough Student Pad.
    Hey are there any rooms left in your house? Do you have a link? x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessypug)
    Hey are there any rooms left in your house? Do you have a link? x
    Hello, yes we do have a spare room. Could you email me at bethanylouise_smith@live.co.uk and I can give you more details thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You guys got facebook? Would be nice to kind've get to know some people before starting!

Has anyone else found at anymore about parking, I tried getting a residents permit but wasn't allowed due to not being a 'permanent' resident, they also only give campus parking to students on courses like primary teaching Hopefully will think of something soon, cannot go without my car!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what is better to stay in Cayley Hall or the uni managed places??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm personally going to stay in Cayley Halls, just applied yesterday, a friend's sister went and enjoyed it and he said accommodation looked good, also I think it'll be easier to meet people!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    im going to be staying in Cayley Halls just found out Im in Block C. x
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cayley Hall Block A anybody ?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frogga29)
    If you hear a humming noise (especially on the first floor) it's because of the toilet in room C105 (unless they've fixed it somehow)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    If you hear a humming noise (especially on the first floor) it's because of the toilet in room C105 (unless they've fixed it somehow)
    ahh ok thanks for the heads up lol, hopefully its been fixed
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Just as a heads up, there is parking available on campus but not in massive amounts. To park your car on site on a more permanent basis, you'll need to get yourself a parking permit to avoid getting a fine. Just ask at Security or Reception and they'll point you to the right place. If you don't fancy forking out for a permit, there's the slightly cheaper Council one that allows you to park within certain Zones within the town or there's FREE parking along Sea Cliff Road (5 mins walk from the uni) and a large free car park on the end of that road.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frogga29)
    hi there im satying in cayley halls too and also in block C
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone ill be going to caley hall dont remember what block tho...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Have you got your Accomodation code? We can work it out from that (starts with "SCH")
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    On the contract it write block E...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm also staying in Cayley Hall, studying primary teaching
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im studying business managment :P

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 10, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.