The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Maths/MORSE/Stats applicants and questions 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beep-Beep-ima-jeep
If u dont mind me asking what were ur predicted grades, when did u send off ur ucas and are u doing step?

sorry for being cheeky xD :smile:

I'm predicted A*A*A*A*A*a in Triple Maths, Physics, Economics and AS English Language (the last one.) :colondollar: Sent my application off on the 10th of October. Will be taking STEP II and III.

And not at all cheeky: I'm curious about other applicants too :smile:

josh-goldman
Well done! When did you get your letter? Don't worry about the highlighted - the interviews really aren't anything to be panicking about. Go and enjoy the campus!

Thanks: that's very comforting. I love the MORSE course so really want to get an offer, but relaxing is probably the best plan :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
It so depressing that everyone applying for morse has amazing grades and I only meet the minimum entry requirements. :s-smilie:
Reply 282
I need to stop visiting this thread so often, especially as I didn't hear anything today.

Did anyone hear anything?
i phoned warwick again in desperation and they said wait till march!!! so annoying!!
Reply 284
haha didn't you phone before anyway a couple of months ago?
Original post by Ree69

yeh, i got the same reply pretty much. i thought they might be nice and tell me i had an offer. :colondollar:
Reply 286
Original post by jilebinator
yeh, i got the same reply pretty much. i thought they might be nice and tell me i had an offer. :colondollar:

LOL you're dreaming mate!
Reply 287
Original post by gc777
I need to stop visiting this thread so often, especially as I didn't hear anything today.

Did anyone hear anything?

i phoned warwick again in desperation and they said wait till march!!! so annoying!!

Original post by Ree69

I now officially look forward to/dread Fridays. It's such a let down getting home and not finding any post from Warwick! :P
Maybe tomorrow...? :u:
Reply 288
Yeah, it always seems to be Fridays or Saturdays...
Original post by buttermints
It so depressing that everyone applying for morse has amazing grades and I only meet the minimum entry requirements. :s-smilie:

Don't worry, I do as well :smile:
Reply 290
No post for me :frown:
Original post by joshgoldman
No post for me :frown:

same :frown:

they should just send out all interview letters at one go.

it would save thousands of lives.
Reply 292
same :frown:

they should just send out all interview letters at one go.

it would save thousands of lives.

Haha!
When you phoned Warwick, did they indicate that they're not giving out any more interviews until March, or was this just for you?
I might phone them as well at some point, if more people bug them, they might get a move on!
Original post by CJAW
Haha!
When you phoned Warwick, did they indicate that they're not giving out any more interviews until March, or was this just for you?
I might phone them as well at some point, if more people bug them, they might get a move on!

they just said you will hear latest at mid march. nothing else, she wasn't as helpful as the last lady i spoke to.
Reply 294
they just said you will hear latest at mid march. nothing else, she wasn't as helpful as the last lady i spoke to.

Thanks, it's good to know a end date at least, it's the not having a clue when you will hear that I hate..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by CJAW
Ah ok, yes I can't see why they shouldn't make it either, they will have had long enough!

Mainly that I really enjoy both Maths and Statistics, and I don't want either of those to be watered down (although Operational research sounds fun). I'm also not particuarly interested in Economics but apparently there is some in the Maths/Stats course.
Why did you go for MORSE/where else did you apply?

Hey, I'm a final year maths and stats student... I chose it over MORSE because I didn't want to have to do economics. There are no compulsory economics modules in maths and stats, though some people do choose it. You can easily pick a few operational research modules. The main difference between the type of people who do maths and stats, and morse, is that most morse people choose not to do ANY maths beyond first year, whereas maths stats people actually enjoy the maths and stats. For a lot of people, sadly morse ends up becoming a "business and economics" degree. Anyway, rant over, any questions feel free to pm me.
I have an interview! :smile:))))
Reply 297
Original post by buttermints
I have an interview! :smile:))))

Well done! Did you get your interview letter today?
Reply 298
got an interview letter for MORSE today.
it says the interview is quite informal,do anyone have any idea that how does "quite informal" mean, is it like an open day? or do they ask some general questions or academic ones?
thanks a lot!!
Original post by elvis3711
got an interview letter for MORSE today.
it says the interview is quite informal,do anyone have any idea that how does "quite informal" mean, is it like an open day? or do they ask some general questions or academic ones?
thanks a lot!!

I had an interview there last Wednesday and it really is informal! You'll get a short campus tour with a current student, lunch, short talk then a ten minute interview where they really just are there to answer any questions you have! In mine I was only asked why warwick, then we talked about the wildlife in Warwick! Also, wear what you feel comfortable in, as I wore a dress and wished that i'd worn jeans as many were wearing jeans and I felt too formal, but about half were in trousers, half jeans, so whatever you feel best in!
Good luck, although there isnt anything to worry about (even though I did!) ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest