The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have ordered my extended essays to best essay writing services. They are providing the good quality of essays at a low price. I may get my extented essays within 2-3 days.
"How significant was the role of the economic situation to the creation of the Young British Art (YBA) movement?" I stupidly chose a topic which I'm actually interested in, and now have the job of trying to cut out about 5000 words!
Reply 2082
How far has Margaret Thatcher’s popularity changed from when she first assumed office in 1979 to when she resigned in 1990 and for what reasons did it change?
Reply 2083
How about this topic for my English EE?
"How does Singlish, an English-based creole language that is spoken mainly by Singaporean differs from British English in terms of wordings and sentence structure, and how does it play roles?"
Reply 2084
for HL English Lan.&Lit.
Vaudeville's influence on Broadway's development.
I'm also researching topics like Cabarets, Burlesques, Revues, Minstrel Shows ect...
Reply 2085
I havn't actually chosen a question yet, but I'm doing my EE in History, and it will probably be something to do with the English Civil War. However, I might change the subject to chemistry, and then I'll probably do something with electrochemistry.
Original post by silltilly

Original post by silltilly
I did an extended essay in Maths which was cool because hardly anyone does that. They don't expect all that much from you. In fact, they don't care if you write about 1000 words cos it's mainly formulae and stuff anyway.

I did mine on Vedic Mathematics (Indian Mathematics). I proved some theories including their method for doing square root by hand. It didn't involve too much time and effort actually. All I did was spend a couple of sleepless nights proving theories and then I just had to write it up.

Did anyone else do their extended essay in Maths? What did you do it in?

I want to do mine in math but the ib coordinator and the ib math teachers keep telling me not to. Ib is new at our school and we're the second group to take it. And the first year group only had one person do an EE in math and they told me its very hard to do and they're not even done with it yet. It's only my first year so we just have to pick the subject area for now.

Anyways, I was thinking about doing "In which ways are mathematics used in competitive swimming". I love math (especially statistics bc I got a 4 on my AP stats exam) and I love swimming. They said we should do our EE in something we like so I thought this sounds perfect but im not sure. Any advice?
Original post by RStew

Original post by RStew
Hi, I've been asked to start thinking about my extended essay, and I am thinking about French or Geography, as they're my favourite subjects. Any suggestions on suitable topics for either? Thanks

Don't do French unless you want to write 4000 words in French!
Reply 2088
Original post by KAG13IBDP
Don't do French unless you want to write 4000 words in French!

Though after writing 4000 words in French, your actual French grade will be far better. Two birds in one stone and all that.
Reply 2089
Hi, this is my first post. :smile:

I am in my first IB year and thinking about doing my EE in English with the question: "How has Champagne influenced the english culture/England?" This is really interesting for me personally because I live on the border to Luxembourg/France and we go the the Champagne-Region quite often.
What do you think?

Thanks for your help!
Reply 2090
Im in my first year of IB too, im thinking of doing my EE in Physics, my idea is to investigate why water makes the noise it does before boiling and whether this is due to the impurities or not, i will compare it with oil which is almost pure...purer than water anyway.

Do you think its a good topic? Any suggestions will be appreciated. I really need help. :smile:
My EE topic this year was on Psych and the question was "How can we rationalise superstition?"
was really hard to do actually because superstition is impossible to explain!
This is my first post here too (: but I really need help as my outline is due in five days! :s-smilie:
But I want to do my EE in Bio but at this point I am really not sure what I want to do :frown: I have had many ideas but my supervisor said they were not good enough...
Would anybody have any suggestions? I wanted to do something related to human physiology or something, but now I really dont know..
Doing my E/E on Economics HL with a subject "At what extent has the increase in ticket price for metro/bus affected the demand for the tickets" In my country the tickets for bus/metro recently increased from 1 euro to 1,4.

Good luck to the rest of you:smile:
Reply 2094
People i need your help. I love maths and im doin ib hl math and want to do my ee in mathematics.

But i cant seem to be inspired to get a topic, any help and ideas?
Original post by giobru
People i need your help. I love maths and im doin ib hl math and want to do my ee in mathematics.

But i cant seem to be inspired to get a topic, any help and ideas?

Ask your teacher for some samples done by past students? Obviously, not to copy another person's idea, but to perhaps get some inspiration.
My EE in History HL: "How far was the hostile change in Chinese foreign policy towards the Soviet Union in 1962-63 caused by China's commitment to Communist world revolution?"
hi, im aldo doing the ee on biology, and im obviously doing the ib..... i was planning on doing it about generics or soemthing related.... please can anybody help me out??
thasnk, sofia
Reply 2098
I think i have my research question. However, is there anything wrong if one researches a question provided in the IB guide?
Reply 2099
I'm doing mine in economics. How doe this question sound?
"To what extent does microfinancing and the enda inter-arabe organization affect the South African economy."

Latest

Trending

Trending