The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zee Zee
I'm happy you are excited about the snow... I'm not haha :tongue:.

But :woo: for sleep!

just relieved to finally have got some sleep, been so tired last few days!

I love snow, is fun :biggrin:
Reply 1041
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I'm really struggling to see the point in life anymore. At the moment it just revolves around trying to get a job with decent hours, doing volunteering, watching TV, listening to music, browsing the internet, and forever pondering about and being very confused about what I want to do education/careers-wise. I know my life isn't really bad compared to many other people's, but I'm finding it hard to be fully satisfied. Also, sucks that I don't feel like I have any true close friends to hang out with or talk to, and I don't know if I ever will again. Not sure I'll ever get into a relationship either tbh. Looks like I might be destined to be a lost lonerish person, but I often can't stand it :sigh:

I can relate to this :hugs:.
Reply 1042
Original post by SciFiBoy
just relieved to finally have got some sleep, been so tired last few days!

I love snow, is fun :biggrin:

Is your ear better?

It is fun when you don't need to do anything! I missed a week of uni last year because of the snow!
Original post by Zee Zee
I'm glad that you see yourself as strong because you are! I'm glad that you will get help if things to get worse :jumphug:.

Have you been watching the new Junior Doctors on BBC3? It is so interesting!

Ha well I didn't say that, just said I hope I am :erm: and thank you :hugs: I hope you'll be okay hun :hugs:

Yes of course I have! I've watched every episode :smile: its awesome, what do you think?
Reply 1044
Original post by CrimsonPetal
Just seeing all these posts has given me the courage to write this. I feel like I have no one to turn to when I get like this. I've suffered from severe depression and anxiety in the past, and things have been much better in the last 6 or so months, but recently I've been feeling horrible again. I can't stop crying, I keep having panic attacks, I don't want to go out of the house, or see anyone. It's no wonder that I haven't got any friends here. I'm constantly alone, which is usually okay because I have a lot of work to do, but recently I've been feeling really lonely, literally alone all the time. I have majorly irrational fears, like if I don't put a cigarette out properly, it will burn the house down, and I have to keep checking to see if I've locked or closed a door properly, stuff like that. I also have mild OCD so my feeling down is probably just exacerbating that. Thing is, I keep telling myself that what I'm thinking is irrational, but I can't control it. I went into town today and was constantly aware of how disgusting I am, how bad I looked, how nobody would want to speak to me. I didn't meet anyone's eyes and barely spoke two words to cashiers. Generally, I'm not usually like this, I just have no idea why it's hit me again so hard. I was even afraid to post this, in case people judge me for it :/ I know others are having a really tough time atm so I'm sorry for whinging.

Welcome!

:console:. Are you seeing anyone about how you are feeling?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Zee Zee
Is your ear better?

It is fun when you don't need to do anything! I missed a week of uni last year because of the snow!

eh, not really, gonna have to see my GP again, basically he said it looked to be healing but to speak to him if it was playing up more (which with my luck of course it is) so will try and book appointment for early next week.

im hoping is not too bad after today, got plans for Monday, though as most stuff I do is on campus anyway may not be an issue!
Reply 1046
Original post by ViceVersa
Ha well I didn't say that, just said I hope I am :erm: and thank you :hugs: I hope you'll be okay hun :hugs:

Yes of course I have! I've watched every episode :smile: its awesome, what do you think?

Ha well hoping is better than nothing! You too, VV :jumphug:.

I have only seen the first episode but I love it! It is just amazing to be able to have an insight into the lives of baby doctors... it look scary and high pressure but amazing at the same time! I miss the doctors from last year though!

Do you think you will get some sleep tonight? I'm not tired!!
Original post by Zee Zee
Welcome!

:console:. Are you seeing anyone about how you are feeling?

No I'm not, I saw a doctor when it was this bad last time, but because it was following quite a few bereavements, they said it would pass once things had settled. But of course that didn't happen, 3ish years later :frown: I'm also at uni now and I don't feel comfortable going to see a stranger in a new place. I dunno, usually I just pick myself up and force myself to do things - like I said, I'm pretty much alone, so if I need something from the shop or trivial things like that, I have to get up and go get it. I just get like this every so often.
Reply 1048
Original post by SciFiBoy
eh, not really, gonna have to see my GP again, basically he said it looked to be healing but to speak to him if it was playing up more (which with my luck of course it is) so will try and book appointment for early next week.

im hoping is not too bad after today, got plans for Monday, though as most stuff I do is on campus anyway may not be an issue!

Oh that sucks :console:.

Ah ok but I travel into uni on the bus so snow is a total inconvenience!
Original post by Zee Zee
Ha well hoping is better than nothing! You too, VV :jumphug:.

I have only seen the first episode but I love it! It is just amazing to be able to have an insight into the lives of baby doctors... it look scary and high pressure but amazing at the same time! I miss the doctors from last year though!

Do you think you will get some sleep tonight? I'm not tired!!

Yep, and as :jumphug:

It is awesome! :awesome: and yep a great insight, I've learnt so much from watching already :ahee:

I'm not sure if I will actually...and aw :console: how's your sleeping pattern like?
Original post by Zee Zee
Oh that sucks :console:.

Ah ok but I travel into uni on the bus so snow is a total inconvenience!

yeah, on strong painkillers still though so doesnt bug me too much, almost getting used to being deaf in one ear :erm:

ah, unlucky, hehe, I live like two minute walk from centre of campus where the shop and bar(s) are located, makes for much convenience, today will be spent watching tv though, nice and warm in my room, was gonna order food but given the weather...
Reply 1051
No I'm not, I saw a doctor when it was this bad last time, but because it was following quite a few bereavements, they said it would pass once things had settled. But of course that didn't happen, 3ish years later :frown: I'm also at uni now and I don't feel comfortable going to see a stranger in a new place. I dunno, usually I just pick myself up and force myself to do things - like I said, I'm pretty much alone, so if I need something from the shop or trivial things like that, I have to get up and go get it. I just get like this every so often.

Hmmm if you haven't got any support from friends/ family it might be best to make an appointment with your GP and maybe see a counsellor at uni? I know it is hard talking to a stranger but it might be good to speak to someone. If the face to face aspect is daunting, what about ringing Samaritans?

In the mean time, continue posting on this thread. We can't replace professional help but we try to offer support :hugs:.
Original post by Zee Zee
Hmmm if you haven't got any support from friends/ family it might be best to make an appointment with your GP and maybe see a counsellor at uni? I know it is hard talking to a stranger but it might be good to speak to someone. If the face to face aspect is daunting, what about ringing Samaritans?

In the mean time, continue posting on this thread. We can't replace professional help but we try to offer support :hugs:.

It's just difficult to put how I feel into words, if that makes sense? I feel like it might be seen as trivial, or that I'm making it out to be a bigger problem than it is. And I know it's their job to be impartial, but I feel really awkward explaining everything to some poor unsuspecting doctor :tongue: I defo wouldn't have told anyone else what I've said here, purely because of the support and kindness I've seen on here. You're doing a really good job making people feel like they have somewhere to turn to - thank you :smile:
Reply 1053
Original post by ViceVersa
Yep, and as :jumphug:

It is awesome! :awesome: and yep a great insight, I've learnt so much from watching already :ahee:

I'm not sure if I will actually...and aw :console: how's your sleeping pattern like?

Is there are specific moment that stuck out on the show regarding what you have learnt? I knew junior doctors were thrown into the deep end but I never realised just how much they are on their own... like the help is there if they ask for it but because they are new they are trying to prove themselves....

My sleep pattern isn't terrible but it is just not regular and I often find I can't sleep then when I do I don't want to get out of bed!

I'm going to try and sleep... you should too! I'm looking forward to your PM about medicine but if you don't have time no worries if you can't send it tomorrow!

Goodnight x
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1054
It's just difficult to put how I feel into words, if that makes sense? I feel like it might be seen as trivial, or that I'm making it out to be a bigger problem than it is. And I know it's their job to be impartial, but I feel really awkward explaining everything to some poor unsuspecting doctor :tongue: I defo wouldn't have told anyone else what I've said here, purely because of the support and kindness I've seen on here. You're doing a really good job making people feel like they have somewhere to turn to - thank you :smile:

I completely understand! It is not trivial if it is making you feel the way you are :hugs:.

You are not alone and it might feeling awkward seeing a doctor but they have experienced and listened to many things! If it is difficult to say it out loud, it might be an idea to write down how you are feeling and just hand it to the doctor if words fail you :holmes:.

I haven't actually been to a doctor because of fear and lack of confidence but this thread is enough for me atm. However, if you can bring yourself to go, you should!

I have also never spoken to anyone about how I feel, except on this thread.

Thank you, :h:. We try to help and offer support but sometimes it is enough to simply know you are not alone in how you are feeling!

Please post again and let us know how you get on :jumphug:.
Original post by Zee Zee
Is there are specific moment that stuck out on the show regarding what you have learnt? I knew junior doctors were thrown into the deep end but I never realised just how much they are on their own... like the help is there if they ask for it but because they are new they are trying to prove themselves....

My sleep pattern isn't terrible but it is just not regular and I often find I can't sleep then when I do I don't want to get out of bed!

I'm going to try and sleep... you should too! I'm looking forward to your PM about medicine but if you don't have time no worries if you can't send it tomorrow!

Goodnight x

Loads of moments! I actually wrote quite a lot of reflective stuff (I know I know, I'm a nerd) which I can add to the list of things to PM you! :awesome: and yeah I never realised that either :yep:

Oh okay. :hugs:

I should, be able to send tomorrow yes :yes: hope you sleep well hun..x
Reply 1056
3.7 miles to the hospital, it's freezing and currently snowing. Arghhhh.

Original post by Idle

You going back now? :console:

:ditto: to what P said below :hugs:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Idle

Oh no! That sounds awful, I hope you wrapped up warm. :frown:
I didn't sleep at all last night...

Latest