This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by angelbones
:console:
You're not pathetic, I promise you.

Original post by Sabertooth
:hugs: I don't think that makes you pathetic at all.

:hugs: thanks guys. Wish I could just make it better, but I seem to just keep coming back to the same place over and over again.
Reply 1221
Ok, if my mood stays like this until Wednesday they're just going to take me back into hospital. ****'s sake.

I suppose I could take some books in with me and write out quotes by hand if I had to. Can't afford to lose anymore time to this ****ing illness.

I want to go for a really long, lonely walk, but I don't know the area well enough and the places that I could go are just on the uni site, so near the union bar and no doubt people still having snowball fights.

I thought I was better. :mad:
Original post by bullettheory
I want to go for a walk

Spoiler

:hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
honestly i'd rather have the sadness than this wierd, empty numbness atm :frown:

valentines day is approaching, and all my friend keeps talking about is how shes been asked out by so many guys already. in the past 5 years i've had major crushes on 4 guys, they all knew i did, and they all went for someone else. you'd think i'd get used to rejection. forever alone :sigh:

Original post by FuzzySheep
Mum has forgiven my dad. For all the abuse and bullying. She just left me. I'm now loving with my aunt and uncle indefinitely, I'm not going to be there to witness what happens for another 2468289995431 times. I thought she'd learnt.

Ah man that sucks :frown: :hugs:
Original post by Nut.

Need to be able to distinguish between better and just cycling upwards again, I'm afraid.

Spoiler

Original post by Nut.

Ha this is me. You really are in my brain today aren't you?
Reply 1225
Original post by laut_biru
Need to be able to distinguish between better and just cycling upwards again, I'm afraid.

Spoiler

I don't think I do cycle up anymore tbh. Thursday and Friday was just enjoying the freedom again.

Depressive episode to mixed episode to freedom to depressive episode. Whoop.

Spoiler

Original post by Nut.
I don't think I do cycle up anymore tbh. Thursday and Friday was just enjoying the freedom again.

Depressive episode to mixed episode to freedom to depressive episode. Whoop.

Sure about that?

Arguably, you have the pre-release excitement, and the two days afterwards = pretty much 4 days of hypomania.
Original post by ViceVersa

Spoiler

:hugs: That is all...
Reply 1229
Original post by laut_biru
Sure about that?

Arguably, you have the pre-release excitement, and the two days afterwards = pretty much 4 days of hypomania.

Or 4 days of normal mood, but I'd just forgotten what it felt like.

I always used to be exciteable and exuberant, up for a laugh.

I spent more on Amazon when I was depressed than I did after I got out of hosp, and I was still on the diaz.

Feels like that's stopped working now. I don't get the sense of calm and relaxation after taking it.
Original post by angelbones

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks. :jumphug:

Are you resitting a year? You might have been put on the wrong course when you went back?
At least you felt better for a bit, even if it was just a little bit. Staying up all night probably wouldn't be the best thing anyway, sleep might help your mood a bit? :hugs:

Yep, I think that's what did happen, but now my advisor knows about my problems I feel like I can't really ask to have it changed back to the masters while I'm struggling now.
Yeah, you're probably right actually. Should sort out my bed, sheet is off again, needs changing anyway.....but so much effort. Will go to the library after my lecture in the morning and hopefully catch up some time.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by FuzzySheep
Mum has forgiven my dad. For all the abuse and bullying. She just left me. I'm now loving with my aunt and uncle indefinitely, I'm not going to be there to witness what happens for another 2468289995431 times. I thought she'd learnt.

Sucks about your mum, but hopefully things will be better for you with your aunt and uncle. :hugs:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
:hugs: I can definitely relate. I don't really have any close friends nor much of a dating life, and it can be so frustrating. I've even turned to trying the internet to look for people on there :colondollar:.

I'm not too sure how to advise tbh since I'm having some of the same problems and struggling to remedy them, but I hope things do eventually work out for you.

You too, thank you :hugs:

When you feel ok about something for a while and then suddenly irredeemably awful about it... how do you know which is the true perception? Are you being reasonable then being depressed? Or are you being too optimistic then realistic?
I just feel sick right now lol

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 1237
New account (am cinamon)

Struggling so much tbh
Original post by thelaststraw
You too, thank you :hugs:

When you feel ok about something for a while and then suddenly irredeemably awful about it... how do you know which is the true perception? Are you being reasonable then being depressed? Or are you being too optimistic then realistic?

Eh, I dunno. I have to admit, I do feel less inclined to be optimistic these days, because then when disappointment hits it just feels that much worse.
Original post by thatsthebadger93
:hugs: That is all...

Original post by Pareidolia

Spoiler

Thank you all.

To Anon 24:

Spoiler

Latest