The Student Room Group

Boobs, Lingerie & Bra Questions Thread (Continued)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rainbow.panda
I think I might be wearing a bra that's too small in the cup but I'm not sure. I measure 25 inches underbust and almost 31 inches on the bust which I found out would actually make me a 26E. I keep thinking that might be too big though. The padded 28D bra I'm wearing has extra hooks sewn on at the back so I can make it tighter. But if I put it on the tightest setting that is comfortable it still slips when I raise my arms and it leaves gaps in the cups so I keep having to pull them back in. If I put it on the next tightest setting it hurts. The cups also feel a bit too narrow. Could it be too small?

It could be the cups, yes, you might want to try the 28DD, which is the sister size of 26E. I had this problem a while ago and it was due to wearing the wrong cup, so I'd definitely recommend trying a larger one. :smile:
Original post by LipstickKisses
It could be the cups, yes, you might want to try the 28DD, which is the sister size of 26E. I had this problem a while ago and it was due to wearing the wrong cup, so I'd definitely recommend trying a larger one. :smile:

Thanks :smile: I have a non-padded 28D one too which is also narrow in the cups (apparently all Freya bras are like that?) and I've had that altered at the back too. The cups are filled fine except for near the nipple, there is a bit of bunching and spare material on both cups, but more so on the left breast which I think is a bit smaller than the other. I don't know whether it's just the seams or it's the wrong cup size.
Thanks :smile: I have a non-padded 28D one too which is also narrow in the cups (apparently all Freya bras are like that?) and I've had that altered at the back too. The cups are filled fine except for near the nipple, there is a bit of bunching and spare material on both cups, but more so on the left breast which I think is a bit smaller than the other. I don't know whether it's just the seams or it's the wrong cup size.

Yeah Freya bras can be like that, I don't like them myself they don't suit my shape, I know some people who swear by them so I think it depends on you. Sounds like a cupsize issue from what you've said, or even a brand issue. You could try different bra styles and brands as well as sizes, I find certain styles just don't fit right.
I don't have a Bravissimo ANYwhere near me... :frown:
Reply 1524
I'm having steak and chips for dinner with the peppercorn sauce! it's gonna be lovely!
Original post by Jabberwox
I don't have a Bravissimo ANYwhere near me... :frown:

Me neither, which sucks because I hate buying online and waiting ages for the parcel to come only to find I have to send it back! I wish there was one near me so they can help me out, apparently they're brilliant for fittings.
Guys! The Big Bra Bar have released 26 backs in in lingerie set here: http://www.thebigbrabar.com/index.php/shopbysize/28dd/2wenty8-loren-midnight-coming-soon.html

They only have a few cupsizes available, DD, FF, G and H, but hopefully this will at least help some of you out :smile:
Me neither, which sucks because I hate buying online and waiting ages for the parcel to come only to find I have to send it back! I wish there was one near me so they can help me out, apparently they're brilliant for fittings.

I know, it does suck :frown:
Most shops do the plus four method but I believe they're the only ones who don't. Typical.
Reply 1528
Need some help with a badly-fitting bra! I'm currently wearing a 34B, and it's giving me such a bad time. I actually have 3 of the same that I wear every day. It used to fit comfortably, but now I have to take it off by the evening because it's so uncomfortable and I'm in pain. At the end of the day I always have red marks where the underwires sit, and around the sides where the band sits. The underwires also dig into my sides. Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

I'm living in Japan right now - I have real problems fitting into any clothes here, and with bras it's the same problem. I am a size 10 and 5ft10, but everything here is made for petite girls. Therefore I need to wait until next month when I am visiting the UK for a few weeks.

Where is the best place to go for a fitting? Also does anyone know of a temporary solution to this pain that I am having because of my bras?
Just my 2 cents; I love triumph amourette bras and knickers, it is the most comfortable, flattering and beautiful underwear ever. However there is VPL.
Reply 1530
I know I've posted on here before but I actually have some measurements now and I hoped people here could tell me my actual bra size. My underbust is 32 inches. If I measure around the fullest part of my breasts, it's about 37-8 inches (bigger than I thought). I'm currently wearing a 38D...previously I wore a 34D, and before that I wore a 34C. Am I wearing the right size? When I last posted, people suggested that I needed a bigger cup. My 34D bra was pretty tight and the boobs were falling out of the cups a bit...so not sure what size I am...the size guides on the internet tell me that I'm supposed to be a 34C but that can't be true since there's no way a 34C would fit me - so confused at the moment. I tried on a 34E the other day and it fit ok.

EDIT: I just went on this site and it told me that my bra size is 32E-F - this is so confusing :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Lucia.
I know I've posted on here before but I actually have some measurements now and I hoped people here could tell me my actual bra size. My underbust is 32 inches. If I measure around the fullest part of my breasts, it's about 37-8 inches (bigger than I thought). I'm currently wearing a 38D...previously I wore a 34D, and before that I wore a 34C. Am I wearing the right size? When I last posted, people suggested that I needed a bigger cup. My 34D bra was pretty tight and the boobs were falling out of the cups a bit...so not sure what size I am...the size guides on the internet tell me that I'm supposed to be a 34C but that can't be true since there's no way a 34C would fit me - so confused at the moment. I tried on a 34E the other day and it fit ok.

EDIT: I just went on this site and it told me that my bra size is 32E-F - this is so confusing :s-smilie:

I'd say you were a 32DD or E :smile:
Reply 1532
Original post by Lucia.

If your underbust is 32 inches, you definitely shouldn't be wearing a 38! 32E/F (depending on the shape of your breasts) sounds about right.
Reply 1533
Thank you guys. I really appreciate your help. I think I'll try on some new bras now. Is 32DD/E/F a standard enough size to be stocked in most places?
Original post by Lucia.
Thank you guys. I really appreciate your help. I think I'll try on some new bras now. Is 32DD/E/F a standard enough size to be stocked in most places?

Yeh it's a pretty easy size to find, all shops stock 32 backs and most have a DD+ range :smile:
Original post by kat91s
Need some help with a badly-fitting bra! I'm currently wearing a 34B, and it's giving me such a bad time. I actually have 3 of the same that I wear every day. It used to fit comfortably, but now I have to take it off by the evening because it's so uncomfortable and I'm in pain. At the end of the day I always have red marks where the underwires sit, and around the sides where the band sits. The underwires also dig into my sides. Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

I'm living in Japan right now - I have real problems fitting into any clothes here, and with bras it's the same problem. I am a size 10 and 5ft10, but everything here is made for petite girls. Therefore I need to wait until next month when I am visiting the UK for a few weeks.

Where is the best place to go for a fitting? Also does anyone know of a temporary solution to this pain that I am having because of my bras?

If the place you're visiting has a Bravissimo shop nearby I suggest going to them, from what I've heard it sounds like they're brilliant for fittings. What are your measurements? I could give you a starting point if you like.

Also the reason for the underwires digging in could be that you're wearing too small a cup and probably too big a back size.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1536
Original post by Lucia.

Relatively! You won't be able to find it in places like Primark/other high street clothes shops but it's standard enough for lingerie shops.
Reply 1537
Guys! The Big Bra Bar have released 26 backs in in lingerie set here: http://www.thebigbrabar.com/index.php/shopbysize/28dd/2wenty8-loren-midnight-coming-soon.html

They only have a few cupsizes available, DD, FF, G and H, but hopefully this will at least help some of you out :smile:

If only they had a 26D! I'm kinda tempted to try the 26DD, but I think the cup size would be too big. Currently wearing a 28B with me slightly overflowing, so think 26D would be my proper size.

Are you going to get it? You're really similar in size to me, so if you are let me know how it is!
Original post by Ronda
If only they had a 26D! I'm kinda tempted to try the 26DD, but I think the cup size would be too big. Currently wearing a 28B with me slightly overflowing, so think 26D would be my proper size.

Are you going to get it? You're really similar in size to me, so if you are let me know how it is!

I've ordered it, no harm in trying it out :smile: also, here's a site where the sizing is pretty accurate http://www.sophisticatedpair.com/therightfit.htm I have a feeling the calculator uses US sizing but they have a chart with UK sizing on the link :smile:
Original post by Lucia.

I'd say you were a 32E from that, you shouldn't be in a 38! How would you get any support?! :eek:
http://www.sophisticatedpair.com/bracalculator.htm
This is the best bra size calculator, it doesn't use the plus four or any other crappy method like that, and you come out at 32E. I'd definitely go and try some on :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending