The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Going to Brewer's Fayre tonight for a meal...not exactly my first choice, but I just checked the nutritional information and holy crap. Click. There's only one main meal under 800 calories (they don't do the salad any more by the looks of it). I wouldn't be as fussed if it was nice food but tbh from what I remember it's definitely nothing special. Oh well.
Reply 61
The paths are seriously scarily icy where I live. Having to creep along them holding onto garden walls for dear life :p: I usually like walking but not at the moment -__-
Original post by Kate.
Going to Brewer's Fayre tonight for a meal...not exactly my first choice, but I just checked the nutritional information and holy crap. Click. There's only one main meal under 800 calories (they don't do the salad any more by the looks of it). I wouldn't be as fussed if it was nice food but tbh from what I remember it's definitely nothing special. Oh well.

They've got a chicken and bacon salad under the 'Pub Classics' bit :smile:
Reply 63
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36270410']They've got a chicken and bacon salad under the 'Pub Classics' bit :smile:

I swear I looked at the menu about 10 times and didn't see that. I'm definitely going blind! Haha, oops. Still - can't believe how calorific the rest of the menu is. Some of the meals are what I usually eat in a full day!
Reply 64
Today..

Breakfast - banana
Snack - apple
Lunch - Brown bread ham sandwich
Dinner - Gammon steak with homemade oven chips and a Ski mousse
Going to have some grapes later on, I'm feeling a bit sick tonight and I have a very important weekend coming up - I CANT be ill!

Exercise- walked about 3 miles, 30 mins exercise bike
I'm wondering if I should invest in some Kalms. I keep losing my appetite when I think about stuff that's gone on in the last few months (and it's pretty much unavoidable, it all just pops into my head haha) and it's making me feel really anxious and nauseous. Has anyone ever used them?

I am also sleeping a lot, and feeling groggy when I do wake up/lack of energy. I do think it's stress that's taking it out of me and Kalms are the only thing I can think that would relieve my anxiety a little..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 66
so yh went to nandos! I had a beanie burger with spicy rice and chips! I was feeling bad enough as is was until my housemate suggested dessert and we ended up having white chocolate and raspberry swirl cheesecake, omg it was soooo good and my first treat after three weeks of solidly sticking to my healthy eating! Its alright because I will work it off tomorrow! :smile:
Original post by outlaw-torn

I'm wondering if I should invest in some Kalms. I keep losing my appetite when I think about stuff that's gone on in the last few months (and it's pretty much unavoidable, it all just pops into my head haha) and it's making me feel really anxious and nauseous. Has anyone ever used them?

I am also sleeping a lot, and feeling groggy when I do wake up/lack of energy. I do think it's stress that's taking it out of me and Kalms are the only thing I can think that would relieve my anxiety a little..

I find that they do jack ****. Do you exercise? (Sorry not been following this thread for a few weeks so sorry if that's a stupid question). Try meditating, breathing exercises, yoga etc. Or just a damn good cup of tea. Chamomile in times of super stress.
Original post by Aemiliana
I find that they do jack ****. Do you exercise? (Sorry not been following this thread for a few weeks so sorry if that's a stupid question). Try meditating, breathing exercises, yoga etc. Or just a damn good cup of tea. Chamomile in times of super stress.

Oh dear :tongue:
I do exercise but not as much as I should tbh. I do a lot of walking throughout the day and I should really start 30DS again (it's just awkward trying to find a time to do it when my housemates out :tongue:). Doing more exercise would probably make me feel better actually. I've got tons of assignments coming up in the next few weeks and will most likely be living in the library so quite worried about finding the time to exercise :s
Reply 69

Spoiler

Also, it's my sister's birthday tomorrow and this week we're going out to celebrate, not just with Mum's side of the family but Dad's also on separate nights. And on top of that, they bought a birthday cake for her.
I dunno, indulging 3 days in a row seems a little excessive : / panicking a bit, scale on Friday's not even gonna be accurate
Hmmm, I have to get a cholestorol test done as well. (Well, I'm choosing to.)
My dad's got ridiculously high levels and so did his dad (who didn't live past 35) and I'm almost 20 now so I think I should get it checked just in case it's hereditary.

I do exercise but not as much as I should tbh. I do a lot of walking throughout the day and I should really start 30DS again (it's just awkward trying to find a time to do it when my housemates out :tongue:). Doing more exercise would probably make me feel better actually. I've got tons of assignments coming up in the next few weeks and will most likely be living in the library so quite worried about finding the time to exercise :s

Getting your heart rate up and really sweating it out is one of the best ways to deal with anxiety IMO. But meditation and yoga are also brilliant. I'm actually too chilled right now to write anything helpful but I'll come back to it haha. Definitely at the eye of the storm right now.
Reply 72

Meditation is AMAZING for stress and anxiety, can't recommend it enough. I've built up a little mantra and mental image that has got me through so many panic attacks.

If you're having sleeping problems, have you tried setting a bedtime routine (bath, cuppa, good book/relaxing music and meditation maybe?) Sometimes it's not so much how much you sleep as the quality and time when you nod off-it might help you to get yourself in a more peaceful frame of mind :smile:
Original post by Chrisateen

They both seem almost the same to me so you should be able to get similar results with either of them. I think just basis it on which one you will definitely be able to stick to and on the equipment availability in the gym.

Going from weight loss to maintenance is hard as your body has gotten use to eating little amounts of food. Also 1900 calories seems very small (in fact I think this is your maintenance calories). You may have to increase it to at least 2200 calories (maybe even more to gain 0.5lbs per week) especially as you are going to the gym

Hmm I think that is the hard part except going from losing weight to trying to gain weight/muscle is totally opposite and my body doesn't seem to like it lol. It feels like torture to me. Myfitnesspal states I need 1890 calories to gain 0.5 per week. I don't go to the gym, I have the equipment at home. I had around 2200 today because of cardio but other than cardio days 1890 sounds right for a slow bulk as I know maintenance for me is around 1700. And I was so wrong about not feeling anything. My arms have a nice ache, my legs too. My back aches a little from the deadlifts so I'm not sure whether I should get a belt to lower the impact. I might start recording my lifts on here so my improvements if any over the coming weeks can be seen. I'm trying to have about 180g plus protein on strength days and 200g plus on cardio days as more calories to use. I'm guessing that's enough anyway but gonna try and increase the protein and reduce my carbs as although I'm not having processed food, I feel like I'm missing something. Need to add more veg to my current diet too.
Reply 74
Hi guuuuys. Had a rubbish couple of days diet-wise (but have still kept up with the exercise). Need to get on top of things though now and am tempted to actually chuck out all of my chocolates in my secret stash! Or find someone to offload them to. Perhaps I should take them into school and throw them at unsuspecting children :wink:
May have bought Haagen Das on the way home :colondollar: I just couldn't resist the half price offer in Tescos

BUT I was good and bought the vanillia, rather than any of the flavours, because I find it less craving-inducing/easier to control a portion of. Going to try not to open is until my boyfriend comes up the weekend after next.
Reply 76
Wow, new thread. :smile: Have had a pretty good day today, but found out I'm not going home in two weeks after all so I'm not going to get a chance to find out what I weigh. :frown:
Reply 77
going home at the weekend.. where there are scales argh :|
Reply 78
Can anyone recommend some cheap but accurate scales? My mum offered me some for free but they're not great and I won't be going home for a while so I can't collect them. :/
Hahaha, my date went well. I'm not entirely why I feel like laughing.
I guess it's just nice to be moving on from my ex, and to know people actually find me attractive lol.

Aside from that, today is my stupidly busy day (12 hours in uni, 9am-9pm) so I'm taking a tub of pasta bake for dinner, and gonna buy something fairly small for lunch (while bringing my own fruit). Porridge once I've dried my hair. :smile:

Latest