The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My mum's trying to lose weight too now! And now she's set us a challenge - to lose 10lbs by the end of this month!
I was amazed when she told me - how am I supposed to lose 10 lbs in 4 weeks?!
Buuuuuut since the month started, I have lost 2 lbs already! :biggrin: 2 lbs in a WEEK! I didn't even think it was possible :O
It's definitely given me motivation to lose 10 lbs by the end of the month! :biggrin:
Reply 141
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36298976']Having just said this...
...someone come kick my butt and make me workout? :tongue:

30DS nowww! I'm just about to do L2D9 (definitely gonna do more than 10 days of level 2 though - at the moment I still can't finish any of the plank moves).
Original post by Kate.
30DS nowww! I'm just about to do L2D9 (definitely gonna do more than 10 days of level 2 though - at the moment I still can't finish any of the plank moves).

Done :biggrin:
No idea how many times I've done level 2 now - I really should start counting :colondollar:

Totally want a nap now. Or a bar of chocolate :tongue:
Can't believe how bad today has been...

Breakfast - 3 bowls of Frosties and a banana (there is no excuse)
Lunch - 2 Ryveta thins and 43g raisins
Dinner - 1 M+S Lemon sole fishcake with 170g homemade oven chips and THEN half to 3/4 of a bag of chip shop chips :frown: Again, there was no excuse...they were just there and I ate them, despite having just eaten my own portion of oven chips. I'm so ashamed...where is my self control?

Going to do 30mins on my exercise bike although the damage has been done. What a moron. Ok, so it's just a bad food day and that's FINE, but I'm mentally beating myself up like I've just commited a terrible crime. Urgh. The chips weren't even good! They were greasy and now I feel sick - and I was thinking that whilst shovelling them into my face, WHY?!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 144
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36299943']Done :biggrin:
No idea how many times I've done level 2 now - I really should start counting :colondollar:

Totally want a nap now. Or a bar of chocolate :tongue:

I kept losing count so I put it as my status on MFP now!
Reply 145
Not having a great day. I had a contraceptive implant put in last week, woke up this morning with a swollen, red, painful and infected arm, brilliant! So pottered off to the doctor and am now on antibiotics for a week with strict instructions to let them know IMMEDIATELY if it gets any worse. Got a wee telling off for doing 'crazy' things while the incision was still healing (pole, trapeze, running, visiting the boy) and apparently should take things easy for the next few days which means all I'll want to do is eat and eat more
Feeling a bit less cheerful now. :/ Have a headache, can't be bothered to get out of bed and cook because of how cold it is, and the snow might stop my boyfriend from getting here tomorrow. Wish it would warm up, I'm completely sick of winter! Really want some Ben & Jerry's or a big bar of chocolate right now but I know that would be a bad idea. :frown:
Original post by Floob
Not having a great day. I had a contraceptive implant put in last week, woke up this morning with a swollen, red, painful and infected arm, brilliant! So pottered off to the doctor and am now on antibiotics for a week with strict instructions to let them know IMMEDIATELY if it gets any worse. Got a wee telling off for doing 'crazy' things while the incision was still healing (pole, trapeze, running, visiting the boy) and apparently should take things easy for the next few days which means all I'll want to do is eat and eat more

:hugs: Ouchies, that sounds horrible :frown:

----

Chocolate cravings have been replaced by diet coke cravings. Less calorific, but I don't have either, so I guess it's irrelevent :tongue: (although the only thing stopping me from heading to the corner shop is that I have no idea what time it closes, and I don't want to drag myself out in the wet if it's shut)

----

Original post by alabelle
Feeling a bit less cheerful now. :/ Have a headache, can't be bothered to get out of bed and cook because of how cold it is, and the snow might stop my boyfriend from getting here tomorrow. Wish it would warm up, I'm completely sick of winter! Really want some Ben & Jerry's or a big bar of chocolate right now but I know that would be a bad idea. :frown:

Eugh. This. So much. I hate this weather, makes me crave carbs/junk food.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by blahhh
Mega fail day! I've eaten so much already :o:

Fingers crossed for a STS on Monday!

Gonna hammer myself in the gym this afternoon, hoping to burn 1000 cals and blitz some off...so annoyed with myself

Can I just ask what you normal do in the gym to burn that amount of calories. Just that I aim about the same amount and it would be interesting to see what you do maybe I can mix up my routine a bit more

Original post by *GoLdSeQuIn*
Yaayyyyyy i'm so pleased for you..you deserve it :biggrin: I wanna eat 2200kcals too!!

Aw thanks

Aw I know how you feel. Also feed up with winter. Want it to be summer so that I can go out till late and wear decent clothes. Fell guilty now as I am treating myself to a 150ml tub of Ben & Jerry's (actually maybe I shouldn't have posted this so that I don't tempt you). My advice is to not follow what I did.
I. Hate. Winter.
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36300597']:hugs: Ouchies, that sounds horrible :frown:

----

Chocolate cravings have been replaced by diet coke cravings. Less calorific, but I don't have either, so I guess it's irrelevent :tongue: (although the only thing stopping me from heading to the corner shop is that I have no idea what time it closes, and I don't want to drag myself out in the wet if it's shut)

----

Eugh. This. So much. I hate this weather, makes me crave carbs/junk food.

Tell me about it! All I want to do on cold winter nights is drink tea and eat biscuits. :frown:
Original post by Chrisateen
Aw I know how you feel. Also feed up with winter. Want it to be summer so that I can go out till late and wear decent clothes. Fell guilty now as I am treating myself to a 150ml tub of Ben & Jerry's (actually maybe I shouldn't have posted this so that I don't tempt you). My advice is to not follow what I did.

A 150ml tub is nothing! I'd go out and get a big tub but I know I'd eat the whole thing. :frown: Plus I can't be bothered to get dressed! :tongue:
C'MON GIRLS!

Stop using winter and the cold weather as an excuse!

GET OFF YOUR BUTS AND DO SOME EXERCISE!!

(I say this out of love.)
Reply 154
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
It's just protein at the end of the day, you can't really have too much(within reason obviously). I've never had any problems with shakes, I've often had days where I have had 4 or 5. They do cause some people to get bloated and gassy, although personally I think this is down to them having far too much protein in general and/or some iffy/cheap whey.

If you need the protein then try having more, not going to do you any damage.

^Assuming you are in good health.

Thanks Scoobie. I think I'm one of those unfortunate flatulent people :rolleyes: well OK, I need to work out how much I'm willing to spend on the stuff first. And yeah, physically as far as I know I'm in great health :smile:
A 150ml tub is nothing! I'd go out and get a big tub but I know I'd eat the whole thing. :frown: Plus I can't be bothered to get dressed! :tongue:

That's why any time I get ice creme I always get the small tubs even if it costs more as I know that if I get a big tub I will eat the whole thing in one go.
All this ice cream talk is making me want some xD
I had planned to have a couple of squares of dark chocolate tonight, but I might swap that for a small scoop of ice cream. Maybe.
well i may as well add i have ben and jerrys cookie dough in the freezer :biggrin: large tub :wink: of which ive eaten about 150odd g out of :redface:
Original post by Chrisateen
That's why any time I get ice creme I always get the small tubs even if it costs more as I know that if I get a big tub I will eat the whole thing in one go.

Yeah, I have no self-control when it comes to B&Js! :tongue:
Feel much better now I've had something to eat though, and gonna have another mousse as a bit of a substitute for ice cream. :/ Hopefully I can distract myself from cravings with tidying, 'cause I need to do a lot of that before tomorrow!

Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
well i may as well add i have ben and jerrys cookie dough in the freezer :biggrin: large tub :wink: of which ive eaten about 150odd g out of :redface:

So jealous! :tongue: My favourite flavour is Cherry Garcia/Chocolate Fudge Brownie though. :redface:
Yeah, I have no self-control when it comes to B&Js! :tongue:
Feel much better now I've had something to eat though, and gonna have another mousse as a bit of a substitute for ice cream. :/ Hopefully I can distract myself from cravings with tidying, 'cause I need to do a lot of that before tomorrow!

So jealous! :tongue: My favourite flavour is Cherry Garcia/Chocolate Fudge Brownie though. :redface:

my OH has that, hes eaten nearly 3/4 of a tub already!! :eek:

Latest