The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2012 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SalesTrader
Just like you can tell your grandchildren you got rejected from Oxford :wink: Looser

I know - I have spring internships at J.P. Morgan and Barcap in trading I am such a 'looser'.
Original post by i_hate_teeth
I know - I have spring internships at J.P. Morgan and Barcap in trading I am such a 'looser'.

You have some serious insecurity issues to sort out mate, s'all am saying! And if you think your success (albeit measly at this stage) in the job market means you are not a looser you are hilarious !
(edited 12 years ago)
You have some serious insecurity issues to sort out mate, s'all am saying! And if you think your success (albeit measly at this stage) in the job market means you are not a looser you are hilarious !

Tbh my original comment was only meant to inject a bit of humor into an unfortunate situation - there's no need to get angry - I'm guessing you're in a similar situation to bloodbath..

If you think getting onto the JPM program which has 35 spaces for the EMEA region is measly then you are delusional.
Reply 5423

You're boasting about SWs in an internship sub-forum. You are a looser.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/394010_10150653649759048_161116295_n.jpg

:giggle:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5424
Even if you never get a job, at least you can tell your grandchildren that you studied at Oxford, which is heavily targeted by MBB!

Original post by SonnyZH
I envy your self-esteem.

Just like you can tell your grandchildren you got rejected from Oxford :wink: Looser

May I ask why 3 of you are on this thread at 4am? I hope to god you went on a bender last night and came home to it instead of staying up refreshing your page every minute!

That being said I don't know which case is worse..
The amount of bitching on this forum is outrageous. People here are supposed to be university students not 14 year old girls (Although in some cases I do wonder)

Can't we be happy for someone when they get some success and not get jealous?

Equally can we not rub our own success in other people's faces?

Who gives a **** which uni you went to? We're all here for the same reason.
Oh, god, no, don't do this guys, don't move this thread to the "health and relationships" section.
Seriously, this is the only thread that I'm capable of reading without cringing. Just ignore each other, ok? It's the Internet, not a "I have a bigger dick" contest.
Reply 5427
Tbh my original comment was only meant to inject a bit of humor into an unfortunate situation - there's no need to get angry - I'm guessing you're in a similar situation to bloodbath..

If you think getting onto the JPM program which has 35 spaces for the EMEA region is measly then you are delusional.

Depends on the point of view does it not? Not everyone dreams of becoming a man trading virtual money, hence not everyone would see an advancement in that field as a win. Take your standard business owner- to him your achievemnt would seem very very measly. So it would to someone who has done well in sport, or music, or drama, or etc. Just because you consider something great does not mean everyone else has the same attitude.
Sorry guys, that did not come across right. Was not hating on this fella for not getting into Oxford/going to UCL rather I just wanted to highlight that everyone has bones in their closet, everyone has a less than perfect history, we have all failed one time or another at something we have wanted. And to go around putting others down when things are going well for you is very very premature/small minded and just plain assy .

And I totally agree with you Jamz. I can't imagine what it must say about a person to have to get your kicks by showing off to random folk on an internet forum.

As for I_hate_teeth I wouldn't be so quick to make your "I'm reacting to your comment negatively because I'm in a messed up situation" accusation, again its a form of you trying to show that you are better than everyone else. I actually have 3 summer offers (one at one of the firms you mentioned) yet there is no need for me to go parading this around the place. And tbh In this current environment I count myself lucky more than anything else, I have seen people more deserving that I have nothing - and so on the whole Internship success is no indication whatsoever of anybody's worth.
Commerzbank rejection this morning. Here's to hoping I get an AC invite from MS
Reply 5430
Sorry guys, that did not come across right. Was not hating on this fella for not getting into Oxford/going to UCL rather I just wanted to highlight that everyone has bones in their closet, everyone has a less than perfect history, we have all failed one time or another at something we have wanted. And to go around putting others down when things are going well for you is very very premature/small minded and just plain assy .

And I totally agree with you Jamz. I can't imagine what it must say about a person to have to get your kicks by showing off to random folk on an internet forum.

As for I_hate_teeth I wouldn't be so quick to make your "I'm reacting to your comment negatively because I'm in a messed up situation" accusation, again its a form of you trying to show that you are better than everyone else. I actually have 3 summer offers (one at one of the firms you mentioned) yet there is no need for me to go parading this around the place. And tbh In this current environment I count myself lucky more than anything else, I have seen people more deserving that I have nothing - and so on the whole Internship success is no indication whatsoever of anybody's worth.

totally agree with you. as for teeth, if he acts like how he does on here id be suprised if a bb take him as a grad.

Spot on and congratulations on the offers!
lmao do people really care when guys argue here? i mean no offense but some of you sound like my parents telling me off

people just need to chill, things arent thst deep. some banter here is priceless though
Reply 5433
Anyone heard back from Jefferies? Searched the thread but couldn't find anything... I know they had interviews very late last year as a friend interviewed in late February for IBD.
Original post by EternalBudhist
lmao do people really care when guys argue here? i mean no offense but some of you sound like my parents telling me off

people just need to chill, things arent thst deep. some banter here is priceless though

agree - i made the comment towards bloodbath because he's one of the few people on here who actually seems somewhat chilled out - notice he didn't reply to my comments while others wrote essays.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5435
Received my offer from Goldman Sachs for a place on their Summer Internship in the Technology division. Very, very happy.
Now just need to start thinking about accommodation - anyone have any advice? (I have no experience of London)
Original post by steviewonders
Commerzbank rejection this morning. Here's to hoping I get an AC invite from MS

did u get an email from commerzbank?
Original post by clamped
Received my offer from Goldman Sachs for a place on their Summer Internship in the Technology division. Very, very happy.
Now just need to start thinking about accommodation - anyone have any advice? (I have no experience of London)

Claredale house is where it's at.
Original post by clamped

I'm staying in UCL accommodation for 7 weeks, and LSE accommodation for 4 weeks in the middle of my internship.

It's probably best to start booking something soon, as many places are completely full thanks to the olympics (and more expensive than usual, for the first few weeks of august, at least).

As the guy above says, Claredale House offers summer accommodation - I haven't checked availability, but they probably have rooms available for most of summer (again, maybe not during the olympics).
Reply 5439
Original post by newuser11
I'm staying in UCL accommodation for 7 weeks, and LSE accommodation for 4 weeks in the middle of my internship.

It's probably best to start booking something soon, as many places are completely full thanks to the olympics (and more expensive than usual, for the first few weeks of august, at least).

As the guy above says, Claredale House offers summer accommodation - I haven't checked availability, but they probably have rooms available for most of summer (again, maybe not during the olympics).

Oh my. A few minutes Googling and this is looking grim already. I knew it wouldn't be easy this year but there you go. Sorry if a bit off topic.

Quick Reply

Latest