The Student Room Group

King Edward Stourbridge???

KE Stourbridge College...
what's it like? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey

I go there and its actually really good .. to a point they do try and get you to do well but they won't force you into anything .. you have to be quite independent in that way.

Its probably not as relaxed as some colleges .. but I've just finished my first year and done great there :smile:

Message me if you want to know anything :biggrin:
Reply 2
I Really want to go, but Im a bit concerned about the distance because I live in Birmingham-Edgbaston....so it would be qiute a journey. With all the work load, would it be too much pressure to go?
Reply 3
It's alright, the Gym is **** though and the ****ers cancelled free meals for £30 EMA earners.
Reply 4
i went there from 07-09
great college
and not full of snobs/pricks either
id recommend it :smile:
Reply 5
Hi are there any past Pathway 1 applicants on here? I've just received a provisional place and have a meeting on the 18th January to undergo a short interview(confirming my subject choices etc)?

I just wanted to know how others have found this interview?
Reply 6
Original post by Hero-H
Hi are there any past Pathway 1 applicants on here? I've just received a provisional place and have a meeting on the 18th January to undergo a short interview(confirming my subject choices etc)?

I just wanted to know how others have found this interview?

ohhh f*** i sent mine and they said they would reply soon. ohh god i didn't get in, what were your predicted grades if you don't mind mate.
Oooh i've applying there too, anyone go to the open day cos i didn't. I don't know much about it either.
Reply 8
Original post by hench man
ohhh f*** i sent mine and they said they would reply soon. ohh god i didn't get in, what were your predicted grades if you don't mind mate.

Well i thought i hadn't got in seeing as my mates received their offers last week , until yesterday morning when a letter came through the post. Another of my friends got in today so there is every possibility you'll get an offer shortly :smile:

I'm predicted 9A's and i've already achieved 4A*'s and 1A
Reply 9
Its okay! Better than some other sixth forms imo however you do have to be quite independent! :smile: There is one particular subject i would advise against taking at KE though. :/
Reply 10
Original post by Issy123
Its okay! Better than some other sixth forms imo however you do have to be quite independent! :smile: There is one particular subject i would advise against taking at KE though. :/

and what may that subject be? if you don't mind me asking :smile:
Reply 11
got a interview, help guys what questions do they ask normally.
Reply 12
Original post by Hero-H
and what may that subject be? if you don't mind me asking :smile:

I personally find Biology difficult. :/
Reply 13
Original post by Issy123
I personally find Biology difficult. :/

Hmm i've picked Biology as one of my subject choices , guess i won't find out until this september!
Reply 14
Original post by Hero-H
Hmm i've picked Biology as one of my subject choices , guess i won't find out until this september!

they let you change subjects if you don't feel comfortable with your choice within i think the first 4 of starting college? :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Issy123
they let you change subjects if you don't feel comfortable with your choice within i think the first 4 of starting college? :smile:

Hmm yeah but if i changed i'd need to catch up on the stuff i've missed in the other subject but oh well thanks!
Reply 16
i went, physics and computing teachers are crap, you just have to teach yourself which isnt to bad tbh. library's good. Maths teachers AMAZING! And teachers for any subject where you have to write alot like history, english and the rest are pretty good too. nothing to do in town either, youll spend ALOT of time in the library. Overall its fine.
Reply 17
Original post by suarez7
i went, physics and computing teachers are crap, you just have to teach yourself which isnt to bad tbh. library's good. Maths teachers AMAZING! And teachers for any subject where you have to write alot like history, english and the rest are pretty good too. nothing to do in town either, youll spend ALOT of time in the library. Overall its fine.

I'm glad to hear that maths is "AMAZING!" seeing as i've also picked maths :smile: thanks for your help!
Reply 18
whose Mary Powell?
Reply 19
Original post by Anum Arshad
ive got an interview there on tuesday, does any on want to help me. kinda stressed :s

plus ive chosen

chemistry
geography
ICT
Physiology

nd ive got the interview wiv a chemistry teacher

Same I have an interview on Tuesday, some of my friends has had interviews according to them, it wasn't stressful....not like five ways interviews anyway. :biggrin:
I'm taking biology, chemistry, geography and art :smile:

Quick Reply