The Student Room Group

LSE postgrad applicants 2012-13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
Original post by aclark22
Congrats! :smile: They sent mine on the same day, was your condition a 2:1 too?

Indeed it was. Seems to be the standard across the board, even though the prospectus said a 'good First Class Honours' was required. I'm not going to complain!
Reply 1301
conditional offer for International Relations!!!

anyone else get an offer for the same programme?
Hi guys,
Congratulations to all of those who've received offers. Was wondering whether anyone who applied for Comparative Politics (Conflict Studies) has received an offer yet, if so when did you receive your 4th email and how long did it take.
If you get an offer, How long do you have to confirm it?
Reply 1304
Original post by THEKID1991

I've asked that question twice and no one has answered :angry:
Mine had no deadline (MSc Financial Statistics) - (give me reputation LOLZ)
(edited 12 years ago)

6 weeks .. i am not sure..
Reply 1307
Offer for MSc Management!
Ha all.

I just called the admission office and The guy there said "the decision has been made but I cannot give you any details". He also said I might know about the decision in a couple of weeks but he could not guarantee it. Why does it take so long and why can't he give me any details?!
Original post by bonjour13
Ha all.

I just called the admission office and The guy there said "the decision has been made but I cannot give you any details". He also said I might know about the decision in a couple of weeks but he could not guarantee it. Why does it take so long and why can't he give me any details?!

Presumably the decision is preliminary at this stage and so could be subject to confirmation and/or change.
Original post by alex_hk90
Presumably the decision is preliminary at this stage and so could be subject to confirmation and/or change.

Hmm.. do you think so? I called the department as well and the lady from the department office also said the decision was made in 20th of Jan and they sent it to the admissions office on that day. Whew. waiting is quite harsh. lol
Original post by bonjour13
Hmm.. do you think so? I called the department as well and the lady from the department office also said the decision was made in 20th of Jan and they sent it to the admissions office on that day. Whew. waiting is quite harsh. lol

I think that's the most likely explanation, yes. Otherwise it may just be the administrative procedure (i.e. they need to do the 'paperwork' before they can officially tell you).

In any case, good luck! :smile:
Original post by alex_hk90
I think that's the most likely explanation, yes. Otherwise it may just be the administrative procedure (i.e. they need to do the 'paperwork' before they can officially tell you).

In any case, good luck! :smile:

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1313
What program have you applied for?:smile:
Reply 1314

Mine states that they would like you to confirm within 6 weeks. It also states that they will not withdraw your offer if you don't confirm within that period. So I assume you have longer.
Original post by FinLuv
I yhought we could all share our profiles as well, here goes mine:

B.A in Economics and Statistics (top 5 college in India, well known abroad)
GRE: 790 quant, 690 verbal (1480/1600)
Minor- Mathematics
Final year %- 70% (First class, 86% overall in Statistics)
Internship: HSBC (2 months), summer analyst
Hobbies: playing piano, participated at the Con Brio All India Piano Competition 2010
Awarded Honors degree in Economics: Grade- A

*****y hell, how am I going to compete with that! :wink:

I may apply for a masters at the LSE, though I don't know if I want two degrees from the LSE or should shop around a bit...
Oh my God!!!!!!!!!1 I just got an offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 1317
congrats!! but what msc?:biggrin:
Oh it was social policy. Haha
I got my fourth email on the 18th of Jan. and they said they sent me an original letter on the 4th of Feb.
It's conditional offer. The condition is to finish my master at Sydney uni.

Original post by decalore
congrats!! but what msc?:biggrin:
Reply 1319
Original post by xTazx
*****y hell, how am I going to compete with that! :wink:

I may apply for a masters at the LSE, though I don't know if I want two degrees from the LSE or should shop around a bit...

Hey, so what exactly are you shopping around for? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending