The Student Room Group

LSE postgrad applicants 2012-13

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bonjour13
Oh my God!!!!!!!!!1 I just got an offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done! :smile: Didn't have to wait long in the end then. :h:
just got an offer for media and communication (research)!
4th email 19th Jan. that was FAST!
Reply 1322
Original post by pocahontas5
just got an offer for media and communication (research)!
4th email 19th Jan. that was FAST!

Is it for a PhD or a Masters route?
Reply 1323
To all those who got their offers recently ( in the last 24 hrs ) did you get to know about it through the tracker or by email? I saw mine on the tracker and haven't got the mail from LSE as yet. Was wondering if its the same for all you guys...
Original post by jaburu
Is it for a PhD or a Masters route?

Masters
Original post by loyan
Delighted. Just got accepted onto the MSc Accounting and Finance course this afternoon. It was my second choice course overall having applied for 3 in total. First being MSc Finance at LSE, second being MSc Accounting and Finance at LSE and finally MSc Finance at Warwick Business School (although that was because was kind of apprehensive of living in a small city like Warwick more than because the course was inferior to LSE A&F). Got rejected from MSc Finance at Warwick within a week of applying in November despite having not even sent in my secod reference at that point (was probably for the best as that was my last choice and wouldn't have gone in any case unless I was rejected by both LSE courses). Got my rejection fom LSE MSc Finance on the 12th of December exactly 2 months to the day from when I first applied. Overall I'm quite chuffed although I'm disappointed that I haven't been granted any of the Graduate support scheme money despite coming from a low income family. Oh well, guess I'll have to rely on getting loans from friends and relatives. Doubt banks will give me a loan unless you can prove you have a job waiting for you on graduation (at least that's what I've been informed).

They didn't even wait for your second reference to be uploaded to them? :frown:
Original post by acp5
To all those who got their offers recently ( in the last 24 hrs ) did you get to know about it through the tracker or by email? I saw mine on the tracker and haven't got the mail from LSE as yet. Was wondering if its the same for all you guys...

They had an offer for me 1 week before I received their e-mail.
I was too bored to check the tracker all the time, since they had only passed 3 weeks and they said that they would have replied to me after 8 weeks.
Congratulations for your offer btw! :smile: What is the program called?
Reply 1327
Original post by Spairos
They had an offer for me 1 week before I received their e-mail.
I was too bored to check the tracker all the time, since they had only passed 3 weeks and they said that they would have replied to me after 8 weeks.
Congratulations for your offer btw! :smile: What is the program called?

Ok thanks for the info! :smile: I have an offer for MSc Accounting and Finance, what about you?
Original post by acp5
Ok thanks for the info! :smile: I have an offer for MSc Accounting and Finance, what about you?

Well done!:smile:

I have an offer for Financial Statistics, and may also have a second offer for Statistics soon.

But I have also been accepted for MSc Statistics programs from:

1)Imperial
2)Warwick
3)Lancaster

and I have been waiting decisions from UCL, Oxford, Cambridge

And I have a hard time choosing between them..... actually I need advice...
Original post by acp5

I saw my rejection on the tracker yesterday, but only received an e-mail today.
Reply 1330
Original post by acp5

I got the tracker notification yesterday evening and the email this morning.
Original post by FinLuv
Hey, so what exactly are you shopping around for? :smile:

Depends on graduate schemes of things, if I get a job I like, i'll do that for 3-4 years, if not then its either a masters around information tech/management or go to india/kurdistan to explore the opporunities in starting my own businesses

What do you plan on doing at the london school of mostly boring people? :wink:
Reply 1332
Original post by janjanmmm
Actually, I am in the US.
Tuition in my uni for State residents is around $ 5000 per year and it is fully covered by Pell Grant, plus as one of the best students (having 3.86 GPA) I get lots of good scholarships, so study is actually free for me. In fact, since neither Pell Grant (fixed at 5500 per year) nor scholarships depend on number of credits, but the fees every semester have to be paid PER CREDIT, it makes more sense for me to take as few credits as possible (while remaining on full time), since I get more money left over after paying the fees!

And again-, good GPA pays. Plus, once you are done, having a good GPA on your record is (as you probably know by now) extremely important.

As for private schools- they do pay scholarships to good students, too, you know. When I was looking for school , I got offer from Chapman University in California which has a tuition of around $40 000 per year which included $30 000 per year in scholarship, but of course paying the remainder and having to borrow for living expenses still did not seem like a good idea, so I passed on it. I heard some schools (Harvard) often give you full ride if they accept you.

I just think the idea of comparing GPA from state school and top private school is ridiculous.. And never even heard of Chapman uni...maybe bc I live in east coast?
Original post by leebeyon
I just think the idea of comparing GPA from state school and top private school is ridiculous.. And never even heard of Chapman uni...maybe bc I live in east coast?

Well, I did get an offer from LSE, so at least admissions committee does not think it to be ridiculous, and it is all I really care about :wink:

Besides, Berkley and UCLA are state schools, would you say high GPA from Berkley means less than high GPA from most private schools, even the ones on top?

Chapman is not a top school, but it is a well respected fully accredited private university. Top schools give out even more money, but they are harder to get into, obviously. The point is that high published tuition fees mean nothing, what is important is your grades, and they really determine how much you will end up paying in the end.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1334
Original post by xTazx
Depends on graduate schemes of things, if I get a job I like, i'll do that for 3-4 years, if not then its either a masters around information tech/management or go to india/kurdistan to explore the opporunities in starting my own businesses

What do you plan on doing at the london school of mostly boring people? :wink:

oh cummon... they're not that boring, I hope. Maybe... so you're indian then I'm guessing?
Reply 1335
Original post by leebeyon

Original post by janjanmmm
Well, I did get an offer from LSE, so at least admissions committee does not think it to be ridiculous, and it is all I really care about :wink:

Besides, Berkley and UCLA are state schools, would you say high GPA from Berkley means less than high GPA from most private schools, even the ones on top?

Chapman is not a top school, but it is a well respected fully accredited private university. Top schools give out even more money, but they are harder to get into, obviously. The point is that high published tuition fees mean nothing, what is important is your grades, and they really determine how much you will end up paying in the end.

Maybe you guys should take your GPA arguments to PMs?
Uncond Offer for Msc Accounting and Finance!

By the way I agree that Warwick has been quite snobbish. Personally I dont understand their behaviour and think they might overrate themselves a bit..:cool:
Original post by EquityGuru
Uncond Offer for Msc Accounting and Finance!

By the way I agree that Warwick has been quite snobbish. Personally I dont understand their behaviour and think they might overrate themselves a bit..:cool:

congratulation :smile:
Original post by FinLuv
oh cummon... they're not that boring, I hope. Maybe... so you're indian then I'm guessing?

Haha close...half Bangladeshi half Pakistani mostly human...brit born and bred

India just had a lot of potential in the business area I want to enter...what about you? I'm guessing you're either Azerbaijani or Russian, but I'm a bad guesser ;-)
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi guys, wanna ask how long does it take(normally) from receiving the 4th email to receiving an offer on the tracker?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending