The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Yeah exactly, medicine is still a perfectly realistic option for you!

Spoiler

Thanks! Really relieved the change in dose seems to have worked, was worried I was spirralling back down (sorry really can't spell today! :tongue:)
Turns out I got the day wrong, it's actually tonight, people have just started arriving. They keep encouraging me to come out which is really nice, making me feel a bit guilty. I hung around with them for a bit earlier but going to be scared when the house is full of people. :colondollar:
Just worried about sorting out a replacement person for my room, but I suppose it shouldn't be too hard.
Just been munching on some blueberries so the remaining kit kats can survive a little longer.

I'd like to think so. Even if it's graduate entry medicine, I'd still be so pleased. Obviously it's a long winded and expensive route but I really like to think I'd be able to do it.

I don't think it's much of a problem atm, just hope it doesn't escalate.

Ha, don't worry, my spelling is beyond forgiveable!
You shouldn't feel guilty and if anything, appreciate your company. At least you showed your face, better than nothing at all.
Yeah, I'm sure loads of people would be looking for a place to stay, especially near a university.
Good stuff! :hugs:

Are you supposed to buy parent(s) something for their anniversary? It's my mum's on Monday, all this is new to me :s-smilie:

Original post by avhhs
Lol I meant that they're not as frequent :wink:. And i'm currently free on buses :tongue:.

---

I don't know what has happened to me. All my negative thoughts are coming back. Just want to argue with/do something to anyone who disagrees with what I say. Been so rude to one of my "friends" (well she was rude to me in the first place) and the other one had the cheek earlier to take her side, and said that:

Spoiler

She doesn't even know what happened. Everyone always favours girls. Always wrapped up in cotton wool. They always believe they never do anything wrong. It's always the boys who do something wrong :angry:. Anything bad happens to a girl: blame a boy.

Spoiler

Ahh right.

Hope things get better for you :hugs:
Original post by FuzzySheep
I have no one now :sigh: Some of my family are quite peed off with me for doing everything I did, although I've not actually taken any action. If this is what I get for doing nothing, then I might as well just go ahead.

I'm so tired of all this bs, I just want to rest now, everything's a big fuzz. :frown:

On the bright side, had lovely chats with a few teachers today and I felt so much better. I don't think they know how nice it was to talk about something other than stuff going on :smile:

This is in reply to both posts.

Spoiler

Original post by thatsthebadger93
:hugs: What's up?

I keep thinking about something that happened earlier. I wasn't even directly involved but I know both people. I'm too sensitive. I'm also worried about work. Really dreading it. Thoughts are not good just now.
I just want to go home and not be alone so much. I'm fed up of being lonely.

My captain said today that next week we get to bring a few friends along with us to watch the last run through before our competition. Then at the end of it she looked at me and went 'Oh, but if you don't have anyone to bring, it's ok, it's not a big deal'. :sigh:

I've been really anxious and I'm starting to depersonalize again :emo:
I'd like to think so. Even if it's graduate entry medicine, I'd still be so pleased. Obviously it's a long winded and expensive route but I really like to think I'd be able to do it.

I don't think it's much of a problem atm, just hope it doesn't escalate.

Ha, don't worry, my spelling is beyond forgiveable!
You shouldn't feel guilty and if anything, appreciate your company. At least you showed your face, better than nothing at all.
Yeah, I'm sure loads of people would be looking for a place to stay, especially near a university.
Good stuff! :hugs:

Are you supposed to buy parent(s) something for their anniversary? It's my mum's on Monday, all this is new to me :s-smilie:

Yeah there's always a way. My friend really wants to be a doctor, she didn't have the grades for medicine so she did biomedicine with a foundation year and she found out if she goes to summer school each year and does an extra two years she can come out with a medical degree aswell as biomedicine. I'm pretty impressed by her determination!

That's good then, hope it doesn't too. :hugs:

Yeah I guess, sure they can understand it's not really my thing. :tongue:
Yeah hopefully, they shouldn't have a problem with someone new if they accepted me! Just don't know how to explain the situation, but embarressing, unless I just say I changed my mind about doing the masters or something.
Made tomorrow a day for the harder module.....not looking forward to it. :nooo:

Err I guess so, I'm sure she won't mind if you don't though. Are you going into town at the weekend? A box of chocolates or something would probably do.
Original post by Nut.
Well that sounds really helpful. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

The highlight is precisely why I won't tell anyone about my eating issues - even my boyfriend doesn't believe I have a problem :sigh:
Reply 1906
Original post by imbuzzinme
Ah the one weekend I decide not to go home is the weekend nobody else is here. Can't bear this loneliness.

Aww :hugs:. You've still got us.
Yeah there's always a way. My friend really wants to be a doctor, she didn't have the grades for medicine so she did biomedicine with a foundation year and she found out if she goes to summer school each year and does an extra two years she can come out with a medical degree aswell as biomedicine. I'm pretty impressed by her determination!

That's good then, hope it doesn't too. :hugs:

Yeah I guess, sure they can understand it's not really my thing. :tongue:
Yeah hopefully, they shouldn't have a problem with someone new if they accepted me! Just don't know how to explain the situation, but embarressing, unless I just say I changed my mind about doing the masters or something.
Made tomorrow a day for the harder module.....not looking forward to it. :nooo:

Err I guess so, I'm sure she won't mind if you don't though. Are you going into town at the weekend? A box of chocolates or something would probably do.

That is definitely impressive, well done to her!
Im sure they'll be fine with it whatever you tell them :smile:
Good luck with it! :hugs:

I'm not, no. I don't know what to do. I asked my sister about it and she just pulled a face. Neither of us like him but that doesn't mean we/I shouldn't make an effort for my mum. I'll go to the corner shop tomorrow, for a card at least.
Original post by Idle
It sounds like you are better off without him :hugs:

maybe. i dunno. it's all my fault it ended up the way it did really. :frown: NEVERMIND. i've got no idea how long it's going to take me to get over this ****ing MONTH LONG RELATIONSHIP :facepalm2: it's been 8 months now. there are no precedents so **** knows what's going to happen.

~~~

o well. i went to my friends dinner and it was all awks for me but there're drinks tomorrow which might be good. i'm soooo tired as i've been undersleeping a lot. It's honestly the first time for aaaages I have deprived myself of sleep and been able to enthusiastically keep going but it's catching up with me a bit now. this week i've been doing better than i have in weeks but i've got a feeling i'm about to dip (played elliott smith songs on the way back home, NEVER A GOOD SIGN), if i do, **** THAT. seriously **** that. i SWEAR. eurgh.
i hate it when i can't tell whether im reacting to a situation the way anybody else would, or if im being ridiculously sensitive :erm:

i updated my fb status to 'painting my nails' simply because i love doing them and my friend and i were talking about different nail designs and stuff. then, one of my friends commented "Wow, thanks for the update! Almost as interesting as the status update of someone eating toast..." eventhough shes someone i really dont talk to all that much.

am i being too sensitive or is that an unnecessarily sarcastic and confrontative comment to make?

its trivial but hurtful things like this that make me think my 'friends' are talking about me behind my back :sigh:
Original post by littleshambles
maybe. i dunno. it's all my fault it ended up the way it did really. :frown: NEVERMIND. i've got no idea how long it's going to take me to get over this ****ing MONTH LONG RELATIONSHIP :facepalm2: it's been 8 months now. there are no precedents so **** knows what's going to happen.

~~~

o well. i went to my friends dinner and it was all awks for me but there're drinks tomorrow which might be good. i'm soooo tired as i've been undersleeping a lot. It's honestly the first time for aaaages I have deprived myself of sleep and been able to enthusiastically keep going but it's catching up with me a bit now. this week i've been doing better than i have in weeks but i've got a feeling i'm about to dip (played elliott smith songs on the way back home, NEVER A GOOD SIGN), if i do, **** THAT. seriously **** that. i SWEAR. eurgh.

I totally broke down after my ex split with me... that was a month long relationship. It took until about this time last year (3 months into my relationship with my current BF and 7 months after we split up) for me to stop thinking about him daily and wanting to text/phone him all the time. It took until May last year for me to finally delete his number and trace of him out of my life... Meeting my current boyfriend definitely speeded the process up for me, I know that's not much help :colondollar: but what I'm trying to say is let it take as long as it needs, one day you won't even realise that you're over it because you won't think about him at all, and you'll turn around a while later and go wait, didn't I go out with that guy?
Original post by sunfowers01
I keep thinking about something that happened earlier. I wasn't even directly involved but I know both people. I'm too sensitive. I'm also worried about work. Really dreading it. Thoughts are not good just now.

Can you do something to distract yourself, maybe watch some tv or have a bath?
I just want company tonight. Even phoned all my ****buddies just so I could see someone. Haven't spoken to anyone in days, apart from my mum on Skype. Who could tell something was wrong, but as soon as she asked I logged off. So lonely
I wish my sister would go to bed so I can cry in peace. :cry2:
i hate it when i can't tell whether im reacting to a situation the way anybody else would, or if im being ridiculously sensitive :erm:

i updated my fb status to 'painting my nails' simply because i love doing them and my friend and i were talking about different nail designs and stuff. then, one of my friends commented "Wow, thanks for the update! Almost as interesting as the status update of someone eating toast..." eventhough shes someone i really dont talk to all that much.

am i being too sensitive or is that an unnecessarily sarcastic and confrontative comment to make?

its trivial but hurtful things like this that make me think my 'friends' are talking about me behind my back :sigh:

tbh it aint exactly the world's wittiest comeback is it? it's hard to look like you've got better things to do than read facebook if you're gonna write meandering comments on people's "boring" status updates...

and then move on - don't get upset about it, you don't talk to her that much, so who even IS she? that's what you should be thinking, yo. who even ARE you? why have you APPEARED IN MY LIFE? i didn't ask you to be there. talk to the HAND. you know what i mean? you're not being oversensitive for thinking it was an unnecessary comment, however it would be more pleasant and advantageous for you to react to it in a different way, i.e. haughty indifference, rather than it wounding you. however that's a LOT easier said than done as it's our temperaments that often determine how we are disposed to react.

so what i'm saying is - there's two things going on - your perception of the situation and your subsequent reaction. now if you misperceive the situation then you may react out of proportion, yes, but you may also perceive it correctly and then react in a way that's not helpful to you. what it would be advantageous for you AND me (:awesome:) to achieve is to be able to see what is our perception of the situation (that the comment was overly sarcastic and confrontational) and what is our reaction and deduction (that our friends are talking about us, to get very wounded and feel it reflects on us etc [which it doesn't, btw; if she's writing bitchy comments on other people's inconsequential posts that's entirely to do with her and whatever nonsense has shoved her in a bad mood today). and then to figure out how to respond to these situations in a way which does our self-worth justice (i.e. not roll over and take **** so as not to annoy anyone) while also not being over the top (bursting into desperate, hacking sobs or throwing crockery in order to let it be known that we are displeased [this might not apply to you btw, i'm basically just saying be assertive and resolve our interpersonal difficulties without brooding on them or descending into pool of some emotion or other])

that's the dream man.... that's the dream. :frown:
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I totally broke down after my ex split with me... that was a month long relationship. It took until about this time last year (3 months into my relationship with my current BF and 7 months after we split up) for me to stop thinking about him daily and wanting to text/phone him all the time. It took until May last year for me to finally delete his number and trace of him out of my life... Meeting my current boyfriend definitely speeded the process up for me, I know that's not much help :colondollar: but what I'm trying to say is let it take as long as it needs, one day you won't even realise that you're over it because you won't think about him at all, and you'll turn around a while later and go wait, didn't I go out with that guy?

bleh the big mistake was spending the next 6 months with him being my main support system lol... despite him being a pretty ****ing **** support system. he did try though, i'll give him that. eventually he got sick of the whole shebang and now he's living a simple carefree life without me dogging his steps. fair dos tbh. fair dos. :emo:
Original post by littleshambles
tbh it aint exactly the world's wittiest comeback is it? it's hard to look like you've got better things to do than read facebook if you're gonna write meandering comments on people's "boring" status updates...

and then move on - don't get upset about it, you don't talk to her that much, so who even IS she? that's what you should be thinking, yo. who even ARE you? why have you APPEARED IN MY LIFE? i didn't ask you to be there. talk to the HAND. you know what i mean? you're not being oversensitive for thinking it was an unnecessary comment, however it would be more pleasant and advantageous for you to react to it in a different way, i.e. haughty indifference, rather than it wounding you. however that's a LOT easier said than done as it's our temperaments that often determine how we are disposed to react.

so what i'm saying is - there's two things going on - your perception of the situation and your subsequent reaction. now if you misperceive the situation then you may react out of proportion, yes, but you may also perceive it correctly and then react in a way that's not helpful to you. what it would be advantageous for you AND me (:awesome:) to achieve is to be able to see what is our perception of the situation (that the comment was overly sarcastic and confrontational) and what is our reaction and deduction (that our friends are talking about us, to get very wounded and feel it reflects on us etc [which it doesn't, btw; if she's writing bitchy comments on other people's inconsequential posts that's entirely to do with her and whatever nonsense has shoved her in a bad mood today). and then to figure out how to respond to these situations in a way which does our self-worth justice (i.e. not roll over and take **** so as not to annoy anyone) while also not being over the top (bursting into desperate, hacking sobs or throwing crockery in order to let it be known that we are displeased [this might not apply to you btw, i'm basically just saying be assertive and resolve our interpersonal difficulties without brooding on them or descending into pool of some emotion or other])

that's the dream man.... that's the dream. :frown:

ahh that actually made me laugh :rofl:

i do need to learn how to deal with these situations better than recluding into my shell and not talking to anybody for several days, so maybe this is a turning point?
I just want to go home and not be alone so much. I'm fed up of being lonely.

My captain said today that next week we get to bring a few friends along with us to watch the last run through before our competition. Then at the end of it she looked at me and went 'Oh, but if you don't have anyone to bring, it's ok, it's not a big deal'. :sigh:

I've been really anxious and I'm starting to depersonalize again :emo:

I don't know much about your situation in 'real life', but I know a few of us here care about you, and us weird people are so much better than normal people!

The highlight is precisely why I won't tell anyone about my eating issues - even my boyfriend doesn't believe I have a problem :sigh:

Anyone who has a mental health issue will believe you I hope, for 'normal' people it is harder for them to understand.
(edited 12 years ago)
way too cold tonight, am awake and bored so waiting to find out SU election results lol, hopefully my friends won :smile:

edit: also, being feeling really out of it all afternoon :s-smilie: head keeps getting disoriented randomly and feel incredibly light headed (not drunk booze or anything though for days), got serious double vision earlier too, getting paranoid that something might be wrong with me!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Nut.
Well that sounds really helpful. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Also my parents have decided to come for just the day, rather than the entire weekend, which means (my rules) that they abso-frickin'-lutely have to bring le budgie up to see me. Otherwise, given that he seems to think I'm his mum, he'll get abandonment issues worse than mine! :eek:

As I said earlier in the thread, no second opinion, only psych my GP have. So stuck with him.

Besides, who is to say he is not right?
Sorry, not a better reply to your post, I know... I hope that it does go well for you on Monday.

Original post by Sabertooth
That's utterly retarded. Nice guidelines state that you should be entitled to a second opinion. Tell them to bus in a shrink to see you.

6 is still early days, I've tried 9 before settling on one, ask to try another one.

I did want to, but Dr Adams opinion was I have pretty much tried them all, so no point. I pointed out MOAIs, he said they are all dangerous, I said the newer, reversible one isn't really, and he said hmm, yeah. He likes lofepramine apparently, he might think if that doesn't work, none will. Plus there are other smallers classes, such as Mirtazapine which can work well for some people.

Original post by Sabertooth
This sounds fun, competition to see who had the most incompetent psychiatrist? Hell yeah I'll participate.

Suicidally depressed, self harming every day often requiring stitches, hearing voices constantly, answer?

Spoiler

Because flipping burgers is gonna make me feel :awesome:

Pretty much the same I was told when I said I hadn't a job and was suspended from uni...

Original post by superwolf
I am really really really not doing good. Making all kinds of plans which somehow I don't think you'd approve of...

:hugs: :hugs:

Come down to Nottingham Sunday, and I will try and keep you safe. I can't do any better than that until tomorrow at least I'm afraid.

Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
YOU ARE ACTUALLY ALL-KNOWING, I THINK :hugs:

Not at all my friend, just lucky sometimes :hugs:

Original post by SciFiBoy
just bumping this cause would really help me to know if people have had any experiences with Mirtazapine

Been on mirtazapine, made me very sleepy, aka 14 hours a day sleep, but that was it. Sorry to not be more help or reply sooner.

Latest