The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rmhumphries

Been on mirtazapine, made me very sleepy, aka 14 hours a day sleep, but that was it. Sorry to not be more help or reply sooner.

thats okay :smile: thanks for reply :hugs:

tbh I would kill for 14 hours a day of sleep atm, not had a good nights sleep for months! probably not gonna help with my Uni studys though :erm:

Spoiler

:hugs: :hugs:

Come down to Nottingham Sunday, and I will try and keep you safe. I can't do any better than that until tomorrow at least I'm afraid.

I think I'll either stay with my sister til Tuesday, or else come down to you on Sunday. Or at least, that's what sensible me says that I'll do.
Original post by superwolf
I think I'll either stay with my sister til Tuesday, or else come down to you on Sunday. Or at least, that's what sensible me says that I'll do.

You should stay with your sister until Tuesday, it is better option for you.
You should stay with your sister until Tuesday, it is better option for you.

I dunno, I feel like it's killing me already. I hate not being able to enjoy being around the person I love most in the world.
I dunno, I feel like it's killing me already. I hate not being able to enjoy being around the person I love most in the world.

But you are safe at least, which should be the priority. Can you confide in her any more to help yourself enjoy yourself more, while not revelling the whole truth.

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous
I just want company tonight. Even phoned all my ****buddies just so I could see someone. Haven't spoken to anyone in days, apart from my mum on Skype. Who could tell something was wrong, but as soon as she asked I logged off. So lonely

I'll Skype you :hugs: PM it to me when you can, if you want to that is. :heart: Otherwise you can always just PM me that's fine :smile:

I wish my sister would go to bed so I can cry in peace. :cry2:

Awwww :frown: :jumphug:
Reply 1927
I can't continue like this, love you all and thank you.
Original post by Idle

No.

If you need help more than we can provide, seek it via 999/NHS Direct/etc. If not, post here.
Reply 1929
So I call the crisis team, they call me back from a private number and hang up after like 5 ****ing seconds just as i am about to click accept, ****ers. **** the lot.
Original post by Idle
So I call the crisis team, they call me back from a private number and hang up after like 5 ****ing seconds just as i am about to click accept, ****ers. **** the lot.

If crisis team won't answer, call 999 to help you. Crisis team can come A&E.

Original post by Idle

Please call someone. Or read back the post you made when you came out of hospital. It might help, it helped me see that I wanted to move forward.

If it doesn't, call someone now. :hugs:
Original post by FuzzySheep

Spoiler

Spoiler

But you are safe at least, which should be the priority. Can you confide in her any more to help yourself enjoy yourself more, while not revelling the whole truth.

Spoiler

Spoiler

:hugs:
Going to deal with replies later. So sorry anyone who quoted me and I haven't replied.

[sarcasm]So, appointment with Dr Adams went well[/sarcasm].

Spoiler

I almost broke down in tears in front of him, but managed not to. I really don't want to see him again now, but there are no other psych's I can see! :biggrin:

Which area are you in? There is never one psychiatrist to whom you can be referred so far as I know. Psychiatrists always work in a mental health team and your GP will have referred you to that team which will include more than one psychiatrist. Did Dr Adams make another appointment with you or are you now signed off? If you are prescribed medication off licence (ie above the recommended dosage) you would have to still be his patient as he has to monitor you and only psychiatrists tend to do this off licence prescribing. GP's absolutely won't take the professional risk and will only fill the prescriptions if backed by a psych.

I only ask because the thing to do if you are still his patient is to think about requesting a transfer to another psychiatrist in the team. You have the right to do this. You can write in to the unit. Don't say its because you want a second opinion however because really you want a whole new doctor. You don't have to give any reason really and best not to imply you thought the last chap was an idiot (even if he was) as it can make the next doctor a bit wary. You are within your rights to request to transfer. (However there may be a delay if the other psych's lists are full.)

:smile:

Spoiler

:nothing: 6.30am. Couple of hours sleep.
Reply 1938
Original post by Sabertooth
:nothing: 6.30am. Couple of hours sleep.

Have a good morning hug:
:hugs:
Original post by Alofleicester

Spoiler

Spoiler

Latest