The Student Room Group

durham V bath, natural sciences

I've got an offer for Natural sciences from Bath and Durham.

Does anyone know what would be a better choice in terms of job prospects and the general degree worth?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by sassy170194
I've got an offer for Natural sciences from Bath and Durham.
I'm not sure which one to accept as Durham is a russell group but bath has a placement year.

Does anyone know what would be a better choice in terms of job prospects and the general degree worth?

Where on earth did you find that Durham is a Russell group uni, and how did you reach the conclusion that this makes it better? Durham is in the 1994 group, as is Bath, as they are also research intensive, as Russell group unis are, but much smaller.

In terms of "prestige" they are both top quality universities, and employers will look favourably on a degree from either. The year in industry at Bath may give you a slight edge due to the experience you will gain.
I have heard that natural sciences at Durham is really good and highly regarded.
Durham isn't in the Russell Group.. But Durham is just a touch better (in the tables that is) compared to Bath, yet they are both incredible institutions. As already said above, the placement year may be deal-breaker and especially beneficial for degrees in science. Which one did you like the best? Check out the course modules
for both universities and find out which one suits you better.

Don't get it twisted :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending