The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by around
We play in white (cos, like, penguins are white and all). Match tomorrow will probably be called off though, Jesus Green is disgusting right now.

I was going to say! The Almighty College League Co-ordinator has said so - I know both of our matches have been cancelled :frown:
Original post by Cast.Iron
Why did nobody tell me not to fall ill during term?

Schadenfreude?

Spoiler

Reply 6642

Spoiler

Original post by Melz0r
There is a scholarship here in Lyon for foreign students to do a fully-funded Masters in whatever they want with a grant of €1000/month. But to be honest that's nowhere near enough money to persuade me to do a Masters here!

What's so bad about Lyon?

Original post by smilepea
Must request MRI images. Have had BEST idea ever.

Seen it on FB. Brilliant :biggrin: !
Original post by Y__

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 6644
Original post by Craghyrax

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 6645
Original post by Craghyrax

Spoiler

:hello:

Spoiler

Fair enough. I think I'll opt out and cite laziness :p:
Reply 6647
Original post by Y__
Seen it on FB. Brilliant :biggrin: !

I genuinely think it's the best idea I have ever had. Also welcome back :grin:
I genuinely think it's the best idea I have ever had.

I just saw it on FB as well - I think my reaction would go something like: :s-smilie: :rolleyes: :facepalm: :laugh: :biggrin: :h:
Reply 6649
Original post by alex_hk90
I just saw it on FB as well - I think my reaction would go something like: :s-smilie: :rolleyes: :facepalm: :laugh: :biggrin: :h:

Now I just need to get my scan pictures and find an unsuspecting man to try it out on :devil3:
-13.8 overnight, according to the met station on the Computer Lab :eek:
(edited 12 years ago)
Now I just need to get my scan pictures and find an unsuspecting man to try it out on :devil3:

Hadn't seen that smilie before. :nah: Let us know how you get on. :devil3:

There was no need for you to use it - now the tone of your post is wrong. :colonhash:

(How are you anyway? :hugs:)
Reply 6653

Will do! :devil3:
Ahh, room ballot day is SO stressful! Glad it's all over now though :biggrin:

(My smiley use seems to be limited to :tongue: :biggrin: and the occasional :love:)
Original post by Tortious
There was no need for you to use it - now the tone of your post is wrong. :colonhash:

This is true. :colonhash:

Original post by Tortious
(How are you anyway? :hugs:)

Not bad, thanks. :hugs: More or less settled in my new apartment in Shanghai now and will be starting classes on Monday after registration and placement test tomorrow. :smile: Still looking for a job and getting frustrated at the ridiculous competency questions that are likely to come up at interview - I don't understand why they don't just test things that are actually relevant to the job? Obviously everyone's going to claim that they're great at working in a team, etc., would be much better to see this in practice at an assessment centre (some companies do actually do this but not many yet it seems).
Reply 6656
Original post by Topaz_eyes
(My smiley use seems to be limited to :tongue: :biggrin: and the occasional :love:)

I much prefer :grin: to :biggrin:
Reply 6657
This is true. :colonhash:

Not bad, thanks. :hugs: More or less settled in my new apartment in Shanghai now and will be starting classes on Monday after registration and placement test tomorrow. :smile: Still looking for a job and getting frustrated at the ridiculous competency questions that are likely to come up at interview - I don't understand why they don't just test things that are actually relevant to the job? Obviously everyone's going to claim that they're great at working in a team, etc., would be much better to see this in practice at an assessment centre (some companies do actually do this but not many yet it seems).

This was easily my biggest complaint about job things. Or not seeming to test, eg, numerical ability much in numbers based jobs. I mean, I know you can use a calculator in life, but having some idea should help!
Original post by Slumpy
This was easily my biggest complaint about job things. Or not seeming to test, eg, numerical ability much in numbers based jobs. I mean, I know you can use a calculator in life, but having some idea should help!

Another problem I have with the competency questions is that I feel that I have to force situations to fit what they ask, for example, if the question was something like "give an example of a situation where you were asked to change how you were doing something, disagreed, but had to do so anyway?" and the real answer was "this situation has never occurred to me", I don't think that would suffice as an answer. And then a lot of companies say they want honesty. :rolleyes:
Another problem I have with the competency questions is that I feel that I have to force situations to fit what they ask, for example, if the question was something like "give an example of a situation where you were asked to change how you were doing something, disagreed, but had to do so anyway?" and the real answer was "this situation has never occurred to me", I don't think that would suffice as an answer. And then a lot of companies say they want honesty. :rolleyes:

I wonder whether they see the irony in the question. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending