The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2012 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5460
Original post by Bloodbath
It was a joke LOL

I know but do you not think us banker types are fighting enough stereotypes already.
Reply 5461
Hey guys,
Do Deutsche reject straight after few days of the Numerical Test or take some more time? I have done the test quite long while ago, no signs so far.

Thanks.
Original post by jedpea
I know but do you not think us banker types are fighting enough stereotypes already.

So? bankers will always be the way they are and things will never change. If they hate then let them hate and watch the money pile up
Original post by Undergrad2k11
did u get an email from commerzbank?

Yeah an email
Has anyone here had experiences in reneging an offer? What are the steps you'd take, contact first the HR where you signed the offer?
Was anyone at today's MS AC?
Original post by Zweihander
The "BB Business model" is not a con. DB will not be going anywhere the likes of RBS & UBS in the next 5 years as it is a much stronger bank than either of those, and in both cases very little change has occurred within their investment banking divisions. DB Corporate Finance is only going from strength to strength.

Compensation at DB is very competitive and tends to be near top of the street yea on year. I would imagine comp at Moelis is fairly similar. Also, headcount in Corporate Finance is very stable year on year. I don't know anything about Moelis' growth plans, but having only done 4 deals in Europe since the start of 2011, I highly doubt their hiring plans are as ambitious as you make out.

Also I think only being able to do M&A/RX is a actually a con. Moelis is very small in London and only really does M&A, whereas at DB even if you intern in a group you don't like you have the choice of over 20 groups in CorpFin to start your grad role in. The large analyst class is also a positive because it means you'll have a bigger and better social network at work than if you were to work at a boutique. Bigger firm also means more contacts and that can be useful down the line as your career progresses.

Saying Moelis is "Not a huge Euro player yet" is an overstatement - in London it's just a drop in the pond. And its mandates are not that big (average deal value for 2011 at Moelis London was £600m, whereas at DB it was £1.34 bln). Also consider that on big deals Moelis will probably only be brought in as co-manager, as it doesn't even have near the capabilities of the big banks. I am not saying Moels is not a good place to work, I am just saying that your evaluation of the two banks is not accurate.

Good shout. Interning and starting your career at a BB is vastly superior to at a mid cap/boutique. A lot easier to go BB->Boutique than Boutique->BB.

Original post by jedpea
Its all about having your bank sort it for you!

Jed

Hahah Hi Jed. You get sorted in the end? Where you for?
Reply 5467
As a first year student who has a spring week coming up with cs. Can anyone give any advice on what I could be doing to really make my application for next year summer internships count? posting in this thread because im hoping that people who have just been accepted/rejected for internships will be able to give advice on what they did or wished they had done. any information would be much appreciated (post or pm) thanks!
Original post by ToxicFrog
Was anyone at today's MS AC?

Were you? If so how did it go? I'm still waiting on an invite.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5469
Original post by clamped
That would be useful. Also a Facebook group would be nice.

There is a group search Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Class of 2012!

Which division you in mate?

R
Reply 5470
Original post by Raditz
There is a group search Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Class of 2012!

Which division you in mate?

R

That's really strange. I hadn't seen it before but as soon as I searched Facebook today it came up immediately! I'm in Technology but don't know any more details yet.
Reply 5471
Original post by grad2014
As a first year student who has a spring week coming up with cs. Can anyone give any advice on what I could be doing to really make my application for next year summer internships count? posting in this thread because im hoping that people who have just been accepted/rejected for internships will be able to give advice on what they did or wished they had done. any information would be much appreciated (post or pm) thanks!

Just do as many spring weeks as possible and obviously try to convert your no.1 choice into a summer internship (if after your spring week you were not given a summer internship some banks will blacklist you and not consider any more applications from you for that division).

What division you interested in?

R
Original post by Raditz
Just do as many spring weeks as possible and obviously try to convert your no.1 choice into a summer internship (if after your spring week you were not given a summer internship some banks will blacklist you and not consider any more applications from you for that division).

R

Which banks?
Reply 5473
has anyone that was at the DB AC on friday heard back from them?
Original post by Raditz

R

That's not true. Spring weeks happen in Easter. Summer apps open in Autumn, banks understand that a candidate can become stronger in that time, and have seen frequent cases of people failing to convert their spring week and then getting a summer offer at the same bank come autumn.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5475
Original post by Zweihander
That's not true. Spring weeks happen in Easter. Summer apps open in Autumn, banks understand that a candidate can become stronger in that time, and have seen frequent cases of people failing to convert their spring week and then getting a summer offer at the same bank come autumn.

I said 'some banks' because i know its true for at least one: JPM- heard this from a recruiter there. but tbf unless they have an automated system if you're good enough on paper and impress at interview you'll probably get in.
Reply 5476
Original post by sasasa
has anyone that was at the DB AC on friday heard back from them?

They rang me back on friday to give me an offer which I was very impressed with.
Hey guys, anyone heard from Goldman Sachs Asset Management Asset Management final round yet ( I did it on 27 Jan) and JP Morgan Equity Research final round (3rd Feb) yet???
Original post by HJones123
I applied for DCM too. First round or AC?

I've got assessment centre very soon - have you had one yet/if so could you let me know what happens in it?
Reply 5479
What are people's opinions on doing an internship/off cycle in Corporate Finance in one of the Big 4 to better your chances of getting into Corporate Banking in a BB the next year?

Quick Reply

Latest