The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Woop woop, another 1.5 lbs this week. That's 17.75lbs since the 2nd January!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Original post by Sarang_assa
Woop woop, another 1.5 lbs this week. That's 17.75lbs since the 2nd January!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Wow, that's amazing :biggrin:

----

I've found a recipe for egg free, oil free chocolate mug cake :smile: Going to test it out later, I shall report back

EDIT: Just tried it - it's really nice. I didn't add the sugar cause I used drinking chocolate rather than cocoa powder, but it was still pretty sweet. It only makes a small cake, so great if you just want a small taste of chocolate :smile: (I always find that other recipes make a massive portion, which I end up eating the whole of even though I don't actually want it all. Might try it again with a little peanut butter...
(edited 12 years ago)
Been to 5 fitness classes and the gym once so far this week :smile: Things are looking good!
Reply 203
Original post by bittybatty
I love Man V Food - my mum says it makes her feel sick and not want a burger again, however I sit and drool at all the fatty, deep fried goodness....I seriously think I'd come back a size 24 if I ever went to the states! My self control is shocking.

You and me both :biggrin: my self control is ridiculous! :smile:
I love watching it but it doesn't help when I'm trying to eat more healthily! :tongue:
Very tempted to buy my current favourite trousers in a size 10, one so that I have something nice to aim for and 2 so that I have it for when I get back down to that size. I'd hate to lose all this weight and then not be able to fit into all my gorgeous trousers!
Very unhappy with myself. Had a bagel for breakfast, tuna sandwich packet of mccoys and a penguin for lunch, then went to the rugby and was starving when I got back so had two pan du chocolats a cereal bar and an activia yoghurt! Probably still in a deficit, but not exactly the healthiest things to pick!
Reply 206
Temperature is back down to normal and my arm finally appears to be shrinking! Just in time as well, if temp had still been up this morning they'd have probably wanted me in hospital.

Think I'll have a gentle wee go on the pole today, but not going to overdo anything until my arm at least looks normal again
Spent two hours at the gym this morning only to come back and eat two huge slices of birthday cake (that I also scoffed last night amongst other party food) followed by a ton of cheesecake...whoopsies :colondollar:
Reply 208
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36316647']Pretty sure I'm going to go over my calories today. Not a great way to start my attempts at maintaining :tongue:

But I've had a super long day, feeling grumpy and missing my boyfriend (whose just had a Domino's and is now down the pub), and totally need the wine. I did show some restraint and not order a takeaway (even though my boyfriend offered to order me one)

I'm thinking about working towards maintaining too soon but I'm scared I'l completely go the other way and overeat so I don't want to let go! :s-smilie:
Just been for a 10 minute walk. Round the block. Because it's all I can be bothered doing in this stupid weather. But going to do it again later. I'm selling all my old text books/some fiction on Amazon Trade In, and only letting myself take one at a time because it means I have to walk to the post box. Only exercise I'm getting to be honest, I'm so unmotivated, but it's much better than nothing.
Original post by *Rouge*
I'm thinking about working towards maintaining too soon but I'm scared I'l completely go the other way and overeat so I don't want to let go! :s-smilie:

This is my big fear - that's why, for the moment, I'm still tracking my food intake with MFP, so I can still keep an eye on my calories, etc.
I went to the gym thinking that it would stop my foot hurting. It made it so much worse! Shame my diet has been awful so far today :sigh:
I'm starting paleo today. It should be interesting... :holmes:
Think I'm going to make a cake from my Weight Watchers book this afternoon.

What I should really be doing is cleaning the kitchen before my parents come round on Monday, but I don't trust my housemates not to mess it up, so I'm going to do it at the last possible minute...

EDIT: Arg, this weather/cold makes me want to eat ALL THE FOOD.
(edited 12 years ago)
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36324862']

EDIT: Arg, this weather/cold makes me want to eat ALL THE FOOD.

Me too. It's awful! I might have to have a nap otherwise I'll start eating chocolate and won't have enough calories left for dinner tonight...
Original post by marmalady
Me too. It's awful! I might have to have a nap otherwise I'll start eating chocolate and won't have enough calories left for dinner tonight...

:no: it sucks, doesn't it.
I'm currently drinking craploads of fruit teas in an attempt to beat cravings and warm up a bit. A naps sounds so tempting, but they always seem to totally mess up my sleeping/eating patterns.
I lost another lb this week :smile:

Been for a 2 mile walk (snow is finally melting round here!) plus walked round the town centre but I don't count that really.

Food:

Breakfast: pink'n'white, 25g grapes
Lunch: Subway (turkey breast, no cheese), Walkers Baked
Dinner: Baked potato with laughing cow cheese triangle
Snacks: funsize Maltesers, more grapes, bowl of Special K later
There was a last minute space on Kettlebells today so I decided to go again (for the 2nd day in a row), and now I can barely move ahhhhhhh.

Do you guys continue working out even if the DOMs is ridiculously bad?
Reply 218
Been to the doctor, started on multivitamins, going to be referred to a dietician and getting back on into the routine of weight loss again.

Today:

Breakfast: Tea, English Muffin, spread and reduced sugar jam
Lunch: tuna fishcake, jacket potato wth spread and cheese, a clementine, mixed steamed veg
Today is bad -I'm bored, cold and want to rest my legs for a big day tomorrow. In my head, this means EATING!

Breakfast - cornflakes and an apple
Lunch - bowl of homemade lentil soup, 1 Ryveta thin, orange
Snack - my own bodyweight in raisins :angry: and a Hotel Chocolat Chili Chocolate button
Dinner - noodles with shredded beef and peppers, probably a Ski Mousse
Later I'll have grapes. And probably something naughty, it's one of those days :colondollar:

I'm flying tomorrow, and for me flying = Haribo! For medical reasons so my ears don't pop (anyone who suggests chewing gum or something else that isn't bear shaped gets a smack, diet schmiet!) :colone:

Latest