The Student Room Group
Original post by ♥ ♥
Pressure. Makes even the best batsmen crumble.

And honestly, Jadeja and Ashwin would be comforttable if they had more time to make those runs. Jaddu and Ashwin both aren't all that established either. You could see, Dhoni said to Jadeja, go for the big hits, take the risk, if it pays off - great, if not, I'm still here. Dhoni wasn't in the position to take any risks.

It worked to some extent, but had Dhoni not hit the six in the final over, or had the no-ball, who knows, we probably would have lost and Dhoni would have the entire Indian media on his case, again. But no, now, everyone shall love Dhoni. Till Tuesday :L

well take misbah as an example, hes a very confident batsman, but in pressure batting conditions he struggles, hes shown us that twice against india, but you hardly see any pressure on dhoni
Reply 9961
ab out bhi karlooo bhai
.......boom boom afridi......
Reply 9963
Original post by 079
ab out bhi karlooo bhai

Have no fear. Afridi is here!! :woo:
What a fantastic 2 wickets!
Very annoyed we've wasted our review. That was as out as the sky is blue, to quote Ramiz from a few years ago. Absolute rubbish. Disgusted by the poor fielding too. This really isn't good enough from Pakistan, complacency and the usual errors...
Nasser is talking sense. If there was one thing I could tell a batsman regarding Afridi, it wouldn't be to be wary of the quicker ball, the straighter ball, the variations in general, it would be to not cut Shahid Afridi. He's probably got 100-150 wickets in his career from people trying to cut him...
Get Wahab on, this powerplay could give them more momentum and at the very least he'll slow them down for an over. Or Malik. Something different, keep Ajmal for later.
Reply 9967
Original post by S_mush
Have no fear. Afridi is here!! :woo:
What a fantastic 2 wickets!

Haha looks like he heard me :P

And technically 3 wickets :angry:
Reply 9968
Rameez Raja thinks Samit Patel looks like Mushtaq Ahmed without the beard. LOL!
Reply 9969
I reckon they'll make 241
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9970
100 to Cook - well played
Original post by 079
I reckon they'll make 241

260, I've said 260 all day haha.
Is doesn't matter how much England make, what matters is can Pakistan surpass it.
Reply 9973
Original post by Straight up G
260, I've said 260 all day haha.

by the looks of it they might even exceed that!

gwaan gul!!!!!!
Original post by 079
by the looks of it they might even exceed that!

gwaan gul!!!!!!

looks like it tbh, but some good death bowling might just restrict them.
Just like in the test series, it's a different game when Cook is at the crease. England proably averaged about 6 in the test series when Cook wasn't at the crease.

England are missing Collingwood in these conditions, but to be fair he has retired. Bopara looked promising before he gave his wicket away. Probably in the test series he wouldn't have done that.
Original post by King-Panther
Is doesn't matter how much England make, what matters is can Pakistan surpass it.

I don't recall Pakistan making many high run chases of late. Anything over 250 and I think England will win. But perhaps they won't even make that if Pakistan bowl well.
Original post by Raiden10
I don't recall Pakistan making many high run chases of late. Anything over 250 and I think England will win. But perhaps they won't even make that if Pakistan bowl well.

lol, I'd be happy with us chasing 250.
Reply 9978
alastair cook bowled by ajmal, well played cook
(edited 12 years ago)
Magnificent innings.

Latest