The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silverbolt
im having a bad one tonight have to say, feeling really down and insecure. And for no reason, i have no reason too and yet i am feeling so low.

:jumphug:
Original post by Nut.
http://www.sporcle.com/ :awesome:

Although if I currently tried to name all the American states I think I might cry at my own hopeless lack of focus and memory. :sad:

Well, I'm not sleeping tonight now :ahee:
Original post by imbuzzinme
I dunno. I was quite optimistic earlier but now all I can think is I have no friends, no life, no prospects, no strength. I am completely stupid and worthless. I hate myself, I hate how I look, I hate being made to feel bad for being like this. And I hate how everyone else seems to be happy and I'm just not. I'm really close to giving up on uni now. It's been the worst thing that's ever happened to me. :hugs:

:console:
Reply 2203
Original post by angelbones

Spoiler

---

On a slightly different note, I just found someone on Reddit who goes to my university. And now I'm freaking the **** out because I've posted lots of personal stuff on Reddit, including a bit about SH. OH MY GOD A COMPLETE STRANGER THAT I MAY END UP RUNNING INTO AT SOME POINT HAS ACCESS TO A WHOLE LOT OF INFORMATION ABOUT ME. ASDFGHJKL.

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by avhhs

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ergh, why is awkward stuff always at the top of the page?!
Reply 2205

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by avhhs

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 2207

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 2208
I feel like absolute crap. I don't want the rest of my exam results this week, because I know they're just going to make things worse.
Original post by avhhs

Spoiler

Spoiler

I have a 9am lecture tomorrow. No way am I going to get the amount of sleep I need (at least 8 hours), I meant to go to bed ages ago but I got distracted, and now I'm wide awake :frown:
Can't stop crying.
Reply 2211

Spoiler

I have a 9am lecture tomorrow. No way am I going to get the amount of sleep I need (at least 8 hours), I meant to go to bed ages ago but I got distracted, and now I'm wide awake :frown:

Same, I'm also wide awake (I think) :biggrin:. I've currently got Half Term :biggrin:. None of that in university :tongue:.

Which university do you study at, if you don't mind me asking? And I think I'll let you get some sleep :hugs:.

Original post by Kim-x
I feel like absolute crap. I don't want the rest of my exam results this week, because I know they're just going to make things worse.

:jumphug:

Original post by Rainfaery
Can't stop crying.

Aww why? :console:
Original post by avhhs
Same, I'm also wide awake (I think) :biggrin:. I've currently got Half Term :biggrin:. None of that in university :tongue:.

Which university do you study at, if you don't mind me asking? And I think I'll let you get some sleep :hugs:.

Lucky sod :frown: Don't even have a break until Easter now, sigh! But I have the day off on Tuesday, I can catch up on sleep a bit then :awesome:
Worcester, haha. Not well known or prestigious, but I love it!
Lucky sod :frown: Don't even have a break until Easter now, sigh! But I have the day off on Tuesday, I can catch up on sleep a bit then :awesome:

ooh, one of my cousins goes there, and another one used to.
Original post by Sabertooth
Yeah I've had loud music blasting all day, definitely helps. Also had my girlfriend on webcam, talking to people in person helps as well. Thanks for the offer to PM might take you up on it sometime:smile: You can pm me too if you ever feel the need.

Thanks, I will bear in mind that I can text you - I really appreciate the offer. And yep hopefully the GP appointment will go well, I'm getting desperate for them to do something...anything really.

I'm terrified of calling the emergency services, I don't want to own up that anything's wrong and I really really don't want to be sectioned, then there's the whole idea that actually I just need to pull myself together and get on with stuff. :frown:

I appreciate your advice, but take your time, if you're not up to replying to people don't worry about it just do things at your own pace and hopefully you'll feel better without the stress.

What game? :smile: I've had someone from school bugging me to play him at tf2 for the past few days....can I find the motivation? hell no.

Tis ok, which number(s) do you have? If you don't have my number ending 161, PM me for it, it is my generally accepted as urgent enquires, while my normal phone dies / might be on silent / etc, then anything to my urgent phone gets dealt with sooner (although texts I will reply from my normal phone, as free texts with contract, nice and confusing for you, ah? :tongue:

I thought sectioning might be a risk, hence why I didn't suggest it. However, you could try and say you just need access to a medical professional out-of-hours / sooner than regular appointment, and so need to be seen at A&E, but are not a risk.

Nonsense (re: just needing to pull self together). I know you well enough to know that is not true.

Tis ok, your post got marked as urgent :tongue: Mostly things related to myself, or advice to people I don't know well I have stacked up, gonna try and work through some of it tonight.

It is a city building game, Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom. Is just against CPU cities, but is mostly focused on your own city, but can come and go from it as you wish, and it is distracting enough to keep me distracted, without being too tough to stress me out.
Reply 2215
Original post by Rainfaery
Can't stop crying.

:hugs: for you. Can you do something to try to distract yourself/ try to sleep?

Staring down the barrel of another sleepless night. :frown: Need more than a couple of hours of Rem. aargh.
Reply 2216

:biggrin:. Must be tough though :hugs:.
Don't worry about it not being well known. At least you love being there, and therefore made an excellent choice when you applied :smile:. I'm currently live in West London :tongue:, and in Sixth Form.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by superwolf
Well if you want any advice on what not to do if you take time off, I'm your man (I completely ****ed things/myself up :colondollar:).

Ha, thanks :tongue: I really ****ed up my gap year by being inactive and sleeping all the time, so I sort of know what to avoid this time round. At the moment I'm most concerned that something will stop me being able to restart, like the university just flat out saying no, or there being some problems with finance or whatever. If that happens I really don't know what I'll do since I'm too far behind to catch up with this term now.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Alofleicester
ooh, one of my cousins goes there, and another one used to.

Wicked :smile:

avhhs

:biggrin:. Must be tough though :hugs:
Don't worry about it not being well known. At least you love being there, and therefore made an excellent choice when you applied . I'm currently live in West London , and in Sixth Form.

I KNOW I SAID I WAS GOING TO BED. But I'm wide awake so in bed with my laptop. Probably will fall asleep with my face on it (I've done it before :redface:)

Exactly :biggrin: Which Sixth Form?
Honestly, in the last two days I've found more people on the net from my home/uni area than ever! It's absurd!

Spoiler

Spoiler

What a knob he was :hugs:

I'm definitely not anonymous on Reddit, I've posted pictures of my face, details about my flat/flatmates (mostly rants about how they're pissing me off :tongue:), stuff like that. Not my name, but hey. If you wanted to look on the bright side, it could be that we'll make friends. Maybe.

Look at this way, if they ever contact you, even if it is saying "Oh hi, I think I have seen you on Reddit", then they at least at that point are most likely wanting to be friends. If they don't like what you said, they are most likely to just not follow you / read it. So there is very little risk.

Original post by Nut.
http://www.sporcle.com/ :awesome:

Although if I currently tried to name all the American states I think I might cry at my own hopeless lack of focus and memory. :sad:

Had a game already I'm afraid :tongue:

How be you anyway? :hugs:

Original post by Alofleicester
:hi: - That really doesn't sound good, as ViceVersa has said - get yourself to a GP sharpish.

Oh and for future reference, if you wanna spoiler something, wrap the text you want spoilered in spoiler tags ({spoiler} {/spoiler} - but with square brackets instead of those kind).

Original post by ViceVersa
Thank you :hugs:

Btw to do a spoiler, you just type [ spoiler ] (without the spaces I put between the [ and s etc, and just type what you want to inside, and close it like this
:smile:

If you want to show someone how to use bbcode, you can use the [noparse][noparse]

Spoiler

[/noparse][/noparse] tags :tongue:

Original post by Kim-x

What year you in / are you certain they will be bad, or are you just worried?

Original post by ViceVersa

Same here :cry:

:hugs:

Original post by Nut.
Parents gone :awesome: and budgie gone :sad:. :parrot:

Nah, it was an ok day. Didn't talk about the hospital or SH or anything all day, and I think I satisfied them that I am now 'ok', even though my mood will most likely collapse by tomorrow.

Gonna relax for a bit before I phone the crisis team, then hopefully get to sleep at a normal time with the help of the lorazepam again.

Did you have fun with your parents and your budgie? And was your budgie ok?

And how has your mood been today?

Well done :hugs:

Original post by Nut.
Hey, I hope the bowling helps a little bit, or at least distracts you :jumphug:.

_________

Sorry I wasn't online last night when everyone had problems :frown: (but at least that means the lorazepam plan worked for me, I guess.)

Parents should be arriving soon, then we just have to work out what to do with the day. My vote? Spend some of that money of theirs :colone:.

Hmm, didn't exactly do that, no...

Tis ok, glad you got some sleep. Did you spend much money?

Right, I am this far up with my quotes. Will reply to rest later!

Latest