The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
how did most of you get work experience?? i am struggling here!!
Reply 881
Original post by Pride
I think the most annoying thing about rejections, whatever you apply for, is the fact that they're just automated. Automated rejection emails are the worst lol...

but hey, 2 people I know are going (one in my class, one on TSR) so it's not all bad eh?

Wait,was that email automated?? >.<
I'm confused..

Yeah,I only know one person going (on TSR)
Lucky him!
Me and two other friends applied.
None of us got in,and I really wanted to go to that conference! :frown:
It sounds interesting.. :frown:
Reply 882
Original post by FuzzBuzz

I am too... but then I suppose in Cornwall it's hard to find anything useful :P My local hospital has one ward open, and isn't taking on work experience students, and the only other nearest hospital is an hour away :frown: gp's surgeries are rubbish here too...
Reply 883
Original post by Natalie21
It is :biggrin: I got my timetable through today :biggrin:

:woo: :biggrin:
I haven't been on here for a while!

How are you all? :biggrin:
Reply 885
Original post by halii_94
Ooh you too :biggrin: you'll have to tell me what it's like :smile:

:smile::smile: I will :smile:
A forum for those who hope to join Medical School in September 2013.
Reply 887
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1905992

Here's a link to the other hopeful medics. At least, we're hopeful for the most part, until results day :h:
Reply 888
Hopeful 2013 medicine applicant here. :smile:
Been seeing this thread a lot on TSR lately, finally decided to post!

How is everyone finding AS?
Just thought i'd post as I hope to go to Medial school in 2013. How is everyone doing? xx :smile:
Original post by Gcayte
:smile::smile: I will :smile:

Reply 891
Original post by PinkEye

Original post by KMLeeson
Just thought i'd post as I hope to go to Medial school in 2013. How is everyone doing? xx :smile:

Hi :hi:
Welcome to the thread! :smile:
Original post by PinkEye

Welcome to the thread!!

Okay so far. English pisses me off, but Biology is really interesting and Chemistry is a challenge. Psychology is really easy so it's nice to have a break. How about you?

Hello! I'm fine thanks, how are you? :hugs:

Original post by SaintSoldier

Hello stranger! :wink: I'm good, how have you been?

Original post by FuzzBuzz

Find out if your hospital operates a system through which you can apply for work experience, or a person you can email

Failing that, you could ring the hospital up and ask

If not, there may be opportunities to either volunteer in a hospital or shadow other health professionals such as nurses or radiographers.

Ring up GPs and ask to speak to the practice manager, or you could go in and ask in person, or you could write a letter.

Ask friends and family if they have any links to doctors or people who work in the NHS

Original post by PinkEye

Booya! :hi:

About time pal! Well...March 8th *shock horror will tell*

Woo, join the club! Thank god it's half term right? Got much schoolwork/revision/homework planned? Or anything else for that matter?

Original post by SaintSoldier

Snap, i post my head in now and then, but the thread moves with such speed, it's moved on before i can blink...[or type] Quite surprised that this weekend it's slowed down (or have I been checking the thread a lot more?) since it's half term break and all...
I am fab. Although I am trying to get back onto the employment ladder - you may have seen my dilemma on the previous thread, when i gave up my summer job to priorities volunteering, and now a term and a half in, after so many of my friends getting jobs and managing to juggle as-levels with them, and being broke all the time, I really want to get back on it - a friend of mine has got 0 contracted hours at her retail workplace; how ideal is that?! She picks up shifts as and if she wants them. If she's put down for any, she can refuse them, or if she's got some spare time, and she can arrange some!

Other then that, it's all about staying on top of this half - terms work :\ and of course convincing ourselves that march 8th *gasp* will be ok. yourself?
Original post by ameelia22

Woo, join the club! Thank god it's half term right? Got much schoolwork/revision/homework planned? Or anything else for that matter?

Snap, i post my head in now and then, but the thread moves with such speed, it's moved on before i can blink...[or type] Quite surprised that this weekend it's slowed down (or have I been checking the thread a lot more?) since it's half term break and all...
I am fab. Although I am trying to get back onto the employment ladder - you may have seen my dilemma on the previous thread, when i gave up my summer job to priorities volunteering, and now a term and a half in, after so many of my friends getting jobs and managing to juggle as-levels with them, and being broke all the time, I really want to get back on it - a friend of mine has got 0 contracted hours at her retail workplace; how ideal is that?! She picks up shifts as and if she wants them. If she's put down for any, she can refuse them, or if she's got some spare time, and she can arrange some!

Other then that, it's all about staying on top of this half - terms work :\ and of course convincing ourselves that march 8th *gasp* will be ok. yourself?

Yes, so much work, i'v got all my mocks when I get back so that should be fun. Though on the less worrying side it's my 17th on Friday so that should be good. What about you? Have you got much work?
Reply 895
Original post by Gcayte
Hi :hi:
Welcome to the thread! :smile:

Hello :biggrin: And thanks. How're you doing?
Reply 896
Original post by DarkAndTwisty
Welcome to the thread!!

Okay so far. English pisses me off, but Biology is really interesting and Chemistry is a challenge. Psychology is really easy so it's nice to have a break. How about you?

Hello! I'm fine thanks, how are you? :hugs:

Hello stranger! :wink: I'm good, how have you been?

Find out if your hospital operates a system through which you can apply for work experience, or a person you can email

Failing that, you could ring the hospital up and ask

If not, there may be opportunities to either volunteer in a hospital or shadow other health professionals such as nurses or radiographers.

Ring up GPs and ask to speak to the practice manager, or you could go in and ask in person, or you could write a letter.

Ask friends and family if they have any links to doctors or people who work in the NHS

AS is tedious to say the least!
Enjoying Maths most, at the moment. Chemistry is alright aswell. Biology -ERRGH. I find the content ineresting, but the exam questions really mess with my head! And History I find so boring!

I think I've made a total mess of this quoting thing. :O Can never seem to get it right!
Reply 897
Original post by ameelia22

Dreading the 8th of March. I get a mini panic attack everytime I think about it. Trying to think of an excuse to miss school that day. I don't think I want to know.. :O
Original post by erniiee
:woo: :biggrin:

Are you on work experience this week?
Reply 899
Original post by PinkEye

Original post by PinkEye
Dreading the 8th of March. I get a mini panic attack everytime I think about it. Trying to think of an excuse to miss school that day. I don't think I want to know.. :O

omg mee too, the exams i think went alright are not biology/chemistry which is really annoying cause there are the most important ones. i am scared i might have to resit:frown:(((

Latest