The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by halii_94
i did coasts at gcse but not glaciers...fml :cry2: haha

have fun on Trauma and Orthopaedics:biggrin:

That sucks :/ Why didn't your school pick Coasts again... or did you change schools?

Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by Natalie21
That sucks :/ Why didn't your school pick Coasts again... or did you change schools?

Thank you :biggrin:

my school didnt have a sixth form so i had to :frown: i enjoy it but the amount there is to learn..like seriously even our teacher think they have gone overboard with the amount of landforms we have to learn.

:smile:
my school didnt have a sixth form so i had to :frown: i enjoy it but the amount there is to learn..like seriously even our teacher think they have gone overboard with the amount of landforms we have to learn.

:smile:

Ahh that sucks :/ What other topics are you doing? I'm doing rivers, coasts, population and health :biggrin:
Ahh that sucks :/ What other topics are you doing? I'm doing rivers, coasts, population and health :biggrin:

rivers population and energy i think :smile:
population has been my favourite so far :biggrin:
how far into your whole AS course are you ?
Reply 944
Hey everybody!

A fellow hopeful here!

I just found this really useful video on Personal Statements. Though this is coming slightly prematurely, it is still something to think about, I suppose.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jQ3MJgdkJY&feature=relmfu
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 945
Original post by Hootie*
Hey everybody!

A fellow hopeful here!

I just found this really useful video on Personal Statements. Though slightly premature, something to think about. Scary!

Thanks for the link :biggrin:
Original post by Gcayte
:biggrin:
erm saw an enema, a huge bed sore, looked inside peoples ears with an ophthalmoscope, listened to patients chests, listened a lot to consultants, saw a patient with a BMI of 11 (was quite scary :redface:), watched blood and catheters, helped prepare a man to go to the morgue, ate sweets and cakes, organised going on the ward rounds tomorrow and thursday which should be good and should be going on EAU some point in the week :smile:
Just had an overview of the ward really and got to know people :smile:

Bet the enema was the highlight of your day, and that bed sore! The BMI of 11 sounds like it might have been very shocking! Ooo, sweets :smile: Have fun on the ward rounds!

Original post by Hootie*
Hey everybody!

A fellow hopeful here!

I just found this really useful video on Personal Statements. Though this is coming slightly prematurely, it is still something to think about, I suppose.

Welcome to the thread
rivers population and energy i think :smile:
population has been my favourite so far :biggrin:
how far into your whole AS course are you ?

Finished Rivers, Coasts, and the work for the skills paper, and halfway through Health and Population - we only have one hr of population a week compared to 4 hrs of Health so we'll finish Health in a couple of weeks time :biggrin:

How about you??

Original post by Hootie*
Hey everybody!

A fellow hopeful here!

Not to early - I need to write my UNIQ personal statement this week :P

I wouldn't be so worried about having to re-apply if I won the lottery and could travel for my gap year. *has just been day dreaming about going places*
Reply 949
Original post by FuzzBuzz
omg mee too, the exams i think went alright are not biology/chemistry which is really annoying cause there are the most important ones. i am scared i might have to resit:frown:(((

Did you do AQA? I did, and I thought Chemistry did not go well at all. To make matters worse, the grade boundaries for the ISA are ridculously high.

The science department at my school don't even allow resits. :frown:
Finished Rivers, Coasts, and the work for the skills paper, and halfway through Health and Population - we only have one hr of population a week compared to 4 hrs of Health so we'll finish Health in a couple of weeks time :biggrin:

How about you??

wow well weve got half of the cold environments topic left and the whole of the skills...oh lordy lord haha

ooh im doing my PS for that in a few mins :biggrin:
Reply 951

How about you??

Oh, a fellow UNIQ applicant. :smile:
Good luck with the personal statement.

Surprisingly, the official UNIQ thread is pretty dead at the moment!
Reply 952
Hey guyss!
I'm in year 13 and I'm still suffering through this whole UCAS application but I can feel it's coming to an end quite soon! I haven't heard back from all my options yet so it's by no means over and I probably won't give the besstt advice ever, but I remember having quite a few questions this time last year so feel free to throw some questions at me (preferably not a bucket load about my stats!) about the whole application process :smile:

Good luck for this year, try and do as well as you possibly can in your exams because it takes off so much pressure at A2 :biggrin:
wow well weve got half of the cold environments topic left and the whole of the skills...oh lordy lord haha

ooh im doing my PS for that in a few mins :biggrin:

To be fair the skills paper is pretty easy - particularly if you've done stats GCSE :P

Original post by PinkEye
Oh, a fellow UNIQ applicant. :smile:
Good luck with the personal statement.

Surprisingly, the official UNIQ thread is pretty dead at the moment!

Original post by oHellno
Hey guyss!
I'm in year 13 and I'm still suffering through this whole UCAS application but I can feel it's coming to an end quite soon! I haven't heard back from all my options yet so it's by no means over and I probably won't give the besstt advice ever, but I remember having quite a few questions this time last year so feel free to throw some questions at me (preferably not a bucket load about my stats!) about the whole application process :smile:

Good luck for this year, try and do as well as you possibly can in your exams because it takes off so much pressure at A2 :biggrin:

Thanks for the offer of your help :biggrin: And I love your signature :biggrin:
To be fair the skills paper is pretty easy - particularly if you've done stats GCSE :P

Thanks for the offer of your help :biggrin: And I love your signature :biggrin:

oh goody :biggrin:
Reply 955
Are you on work experience this week?

No :frown: hopefully have some by Easter!
Reply 956
BUZZING

just arranged 3 days in Cardiology shadowing a consultant cardiologist! :biggrin:
Original post by erniiee
BUZZING

just arranged 3 days in Cardiology shadowing a consultant cardiologist! :biggrin:

Nice! Should be fun, listening to people's hearts, and learning more about the circulatory system, would love to do cardio, but the cardio dept near me said w.e doesnt exist there :frown:
Original post by DarkAndTwisty

Then there's no need for the sad face, eh? :console:

i suppose not, but dont want to rule out any places too early :tongue:
Original post by IAmMclovin
i suppose not, but dont want to rule out any places too early :tongue:

I've ruled out tons: whether it be because I don't meet the requirements or simply because I don't want to go there! :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending