The Student Room Group

Imperial College Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2140
Original post by kingcoltzan
Not much, printed out every health article from BBC for the past week, plus ICSM wiki page plus the course overview and read all that in the morning on the train.

The night before I looked up a club+soc I would "want" to join.... and just checked over the PS etc and that was it.

:smile:

man you got an offer right>?.....DON!....thats made me feel a bit better lol....but still....im gonna be going mad the nearer to wednesday i get...

did they ask you about recent medical news in your interivew!?....i thought it was an ethics question!?
Original post by praj1
man you got an offer right>?.....DON!....thats made me feel a bit better lol....but still....im gonna be going mad the nearer to wednesday i get...

did they ask you about recent medical news in your interivew!?....i thought it was an ethics question!?

Yeah, nothing about medical news, just ethics.

Ethics was structured really nicely, general topic selected, then gradually narrowed in based on my answers.

It's really not an intimidating process or a challenging one if you have done your prep.

Someone said to me there is a place there for you unless you cock up monumentally, so relax, enjoy the process, and show you deserve a place.
Original post by praj1

The document that Talexe (I think) posted a few posts back gives a question or two that may be the one people so far have received, the one they consider not really to be an 'ethics question' and have said that it threw them.

Not saying that's what they'll ask, but it may be a good indication as the people interviewed last year had very similar reactions.
Praj1, someone in my interview group was asked about technology in medical science as far as I remember (but they were allowed to choose what to discuss), I'd just have an idea of something you might want to discuss briefly (I had that whole robotic surgery for aortic aneurysms that was linked here a while back) and another person was asked something specific about medical science, but only because they put it in their personal statement :smile:
Reply 2144
Original post by brighteyes1994
Praj1, someone in my interview group was asked about technology in medical science as far as I remember (but they were allowed to choose what to discuss), I'd just have an idea of something you might want to discuss briefly (I had that whole robotic surgery for aortic aneurysms that was linked here a while back) and another person was asked something specific about medical science, but only because they put it in their personal statement :smile:

Original post by TheDannyManCan
The document that Talexe (I think) posted a few posts back gives a question or two that may be the one people so far have received, the one they consider not really to be an 'ethics question' and have said that it threw them.

Not saying that's what they'll ask, but it may be a good indication as the people interviewed last year had very similar reactions.

Original post by kingcoltzan
Yeah, nothing about medical news, just ethics.

Ethics was structured really nicely, general topic selected, then gradually narrowed in based on my answers.

It's really not an intimidating process or a challenging one if you have done your prep.

Someone said to me there is a place there for you unless you cock up monumentally, so relax, enjoy the process, and show you deserve a place.

thanks man +rep to you all :biggrin:

i'm just worried that i wont be able to answer questions and look like a muppet, i really want an offer from here!!!! ...
i guess i just gotta be myself and not overprepare...otherwise it will be less personality and more automated..
Reply 2145
one last thing....do imperial ask questions on the NHS reforms?
I guess they could do...they really could ask about anything. Preparing for it would be good practice either way!
Original post by praj1
one last thing....do imperial ask questions on the NHS reforms?

I have not heard anyone being asked anything at Imperial that's specific about it, I certainly wasn't (wasn't even mentioned) - but having some knowledge about it that you could possibly bring in is always going to be a good idea.

One thing I noticed during my interview was that if you mentioned something then it is like an invitation to them to discuss it - they'll usually pin point some things that you have said - so I suppose, if you chose to mention the reforms you'd have to be prepared to talk about it :smile:
Reply 2148
I guess they could do...they really could ask about anything. Preparing for it would be good practice either way!

I have not heard anyone being asked anything at Imperial that's specific about it, I certainly wasn't (wasn't even mentioned) - but having some knowledge about it that you could possibly bring in is always going to be a good idea.

One thing I noticed during my interview was that if you mentioned something then it is like an invitation to them to discuss it - they'll usually pin point some things that you have said - so I suppose, if you chose to mention the reforms you'd have to be prepared to talk about it :smile:

cool beans...thanks again :biggrin:
Reply 2149
Praj1, my interviewers were keen to know if I could give examples of things currently in medical news. They asked me to give an example of a news item relating to diagnosis and then another more general example of medicine in the news.
Reply 2150
Original post by Subsi
Praj1, my interviewers were keen to know if I could give examples of things currently in medical news. They asked me to give an example of a news item relating to diagnosis and then another more general example of medicine in the news.

how long ago did you have your intervieW?
Original post by Subsi

I'm not quite sure I understand - what would be an example of a news item relating to diagnosis in the news? Would Prince Charles being diagnosed with carpal tunnel be appropriate?
For people who mentioned books in your personal statement were you asked anything about them?
Reply 2153
I'm not quite sure I understand - what would be an example of a news item relating to diagnosis in the news? Would Prince Charles being diagnosed with carpal tunnel be appropriate?

yeh i agree...am i right in thinking you mean 'medical research that can help in diagnosis'
Reply 2154
Original post by praj1
yeh i agree...am i right in thinking you mean 'medical research that can help in diagnosis'

Yeah I meant that haha (i'm tired).. and my interview was on the 7th Feb
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2155
Original post by Cartry
I found something I wrote earlier in the year to someone asking about halls so I'll just paste it here

Wall o' text.
Just got an offer :biggrin:!!
Just got an offer :biggrin:!!

Whey! Congratulations my man! Same just got my offer through now! :biggrin:
Reply 2158
Original post by Talexe
Wall o' text.

rahrahrah whatev you just jelly i have a working computer i can type quickly on blahbalh
Original post by All Taken
Whey! Congratulations my man! Same just got my offer through now! :biggrin:

Well done :biggrin:!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending