The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SoftMusk
im so nervousss! gonna send my application soon.. you know im startin to feel worried..everyones nearly doing health and social care and im doing sciences (bio and chem) and ICTand that might give me lower priority because you guys with health and social care have more social experience??? :frown:

hey where have you applied to ? and have you heard anything from anywhere? :smile:
Original post by Samanthaaaaa
Yeahh! Im sure you will, I only heard from them last week. Do you live near the UEA? I live in Norwich so the UEA is more or less on my doorstep haha! xx

hi , could you answer some questions please
what was the UEA interview like?
have you heard back from them yet?
what subjects are you taking?

Original post by misslarmour
Hiya,

Ive been interviewed at huddersfield (last tuesday) and they rejected me on friday :frown:
you have to do group activities and then an individual interview. The group tasks involve lots of discussions on topics which the interviewers give you and the individual is just for them to get to know you a bit better if they havent already done that through the group discussion.

hope this helps!

good luck,

Emmie xxx

hi
sorry to hear you were unsucessful :frown: can i ask why you think you were rejected , i had my interview the other week :smile: thankyou
Original post by Kate-:)
Has anybody got any tips for Northumbria interview I have mine on Wednesday for child nursing?
Thanks xx

hi

my friend had this for children and i had one for adults, theres a presenation relating to the university. the staff are all really friendly, you will watch a video clip and from this you have to write a short essay on a topic of how you could improve the experience, there is a group interview and you discuss recent topics and discuss a bit more of the video clip. the individudal one is really short why nursing , what qualities you think a nurse needs etc hope this helps

Good Luck :biggrin:
Original post by jadey21
Hi all,

Getting really impatient!

London South Bank said they would let me know in 24 hours and that was Thursday!!! Really want to know so tried to call and no one is picking up the phone :frown: Sent my references off for Northumbria and just waiting to here whether I have an offer, I passed their interview stage so fingers crossed!!!!

Hate this waiting!!!!!!!!!!!

hi what branch did you apply for ?
Original post by Surfing_the_shine
hey , i have applied to york and northumbria have you heard anything from either? :smile:

Rejected from York ages ago and got conditional from Northumbria.
Original post by beckylewis
hey, i had my interview for children's nursing at bcu last monday (6th i believe) i got a conditional offer earlier today, its my top choice so really pleased!!! is it your top too? i love the uni, now i just need to achieve the grades which i doubt i will :eek: lol good luck!! xxx

i got a conditional yday too :biggrin: not sure if its my top choice lol gonna see what else im offered and make a choice then ! my interview was the 27th when is your start date ?? mines april 13 x x
Reply 1927
Original post by teen nurse

Original post by teen nurse
Hey im starting my Adult nursing course at Chester university but at the Leighton Hospital site in march. Anyone else starting there then?

hi i am starting in march adult nursing diploma at chester uni, leighton hospital site. if you want add me on facebook kathrin hansen xxx
Original post by sarahbelleharper
i got a conditional yday too :biggrin: not sure if its my top choice lol gonna see what else im offered and make a choice then ! my interview was the 27th when is your start date ?? mines april 13 x x

yay well done!!!:biggrin:

my start date is october 2012. which is 260 ucas, i should have applied to april intake as i think thats 240 and ill probably miss my offer now cos I've flunked my exams this year lol :frown:
hi
sorry to hear you were unsucessful :frown: can i ask why you think you were rejected , i had my interview the other week :smile: thankyou

They didn't give me feedback as to why but i have a feeling it was because i wasn't very well on my interview day and i wasn't as alert and confident as i was in my other interviews :frown:

Where else have you applied and what branch?

Emmie x
Reply 1930
Original post by stephaniehine91
I had a mental health interview a couple of weeks ago, there were two of us, you have an individual interview so... it's going to take a while to get through everyone, by this point I'd say no news is good news =) x

I had one two weeks ago as well, i hope it's good news ahh.. Good luck to you! xx
Original post by beckylewis
yay well done!!!:biggrin:

my start date is october 2012. which is 260 ucas, i should have applied to april intake as i think thats 240 and ill probably miss my offer now cos I've flunked my exams this year lol :frown:

Thank you :smile: and i didnt realise there was a october intake !! silly me lol but april is good.. i shall be a student child nurse !!! Im sure you will do fine hun.. good luck too you and let me know how you do ! fingers crossed for you x
Reply 1932
hi

my friend had this for children and i had one for adults, theres a presenation relating to the university. the staff are all really friendly, you will watch a video clip and from this you have to write a short essay on a topic of how you could improve the experience, there is a group interview and you discuss recent topics and discuss a bit more of the video clip. the individudal one is really short why nursing , what qualities you think a nurse needs etc hope this helps

Good Luck :biggrin:

hey..you wouldnt have a rough time on how long your northumrbria interview lasted?? like from the presentation to the end..i have my adult one on monday..and I'm flying over and am just trying to organise buses etc..pretty nervous about it. did you find it tough?? thanks
Reply 1933
Has anyone heard from university west london after an interview last friday? I know they're doing more interviews this week but I jsut really want to know!!
Reply 1934
Has anyone heard from Greenwich children's nursing English and maths tests from 8th feb !!!! The wait is driving me insane
Hello everyone

Can you please take a look at my other thread Nursing 2013 Infomation help which i started for my cousin if you have any offers please thank you.
Original post by babyrosie101
I had heard that there were 22 spaces for canterbury and 22 for medway campus?? When is your interview? Good luck. xx

Oh maybe that's it, a bit better I suppose but not a lot :frown: My interview is on March 27th, aaaages away! Have you heard anything yet? xx
Reply 1937
Original post by RWills94
hey..you wouldnt have a rough time on how long your northumrbria interview lasted?? like from the presentation to the end..i have my adult one on monday..and I'm flying over and am just trying to organise buses etc..pretty nervous about it. did you find it tough?? thanks

I has my Northumbria interview on Wednesday and it took 3 1/2 hours. When is yours? They are lovely and really welcoming. The questions were hard but that's because they want to get the best out of you :smile:
Good luck xx
Reply 1938
Thank you! 3 and a half hours..wow. i'm going this monday.. I'm not that nervous for some reason which is weird. thank youu
Original post by hs7212
I've applied for the university of leeds for adult nursing, got an interview for there on the 23rd! Interview for manchester on wednesday! :smile:

Just found out I have an interview for the university of Leeds on 16th march for adult nursing! :smile: hope your interviews go well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending