The Student Room Group

Legal/Off The shelf stimulants

Are there any legal and/or off the shelf stimulants that deliver effects that are more potent than caffiene (But not as adverse as Amphetamines - hence, legal)?

Experienced opinions preferred.

Now, don't get me wrong, I get plenty of sleep and I enjoy a healthy life style Et cetera. I simply love the kick.

Thanks in advance.

Sin Cera
Tim
Reply 1
Original post by tamimi
Are there any legal and/or off the shelf stimulants that deliver effects that are more potent than caffiene (But not as adverse as Amphetamines - hence, legal)?

Now, don't get me wrong, I get plenty of sleep and I enjoy a healthy life style Et cetera. I simply love the kick.

Thanks in advance.

Sin Cera
Tim

Pro Plus.
Original post by tehforum
Pro Plus.

Yep, that **** gets your heart pumping if you take a couple too many. I mistook tired eyes (permanent until sleep) for tired mind (helped with caffeine). This led to palpitations, sweating and twitching. On the day of an exam and lack of sleep due to stress it was not cool. :mmm:
Reply 3
Original post by tamimi

Thanks in advance.

Sin Cera
Tim

Yeah there is Jack3d. It contains 1,3-Dimethylamylamine which is a very good stimulant but be warned it can cause pretty bad come downs for some people so each to his own. Read reviews of it to see if you want to gamble on it or not. Many people swear by it, but others stay away from it.
Side note; NZ used concentrated pills of it as a party drug.
If you aren't feeling the effect of caffeine you may want to cycle off stimulants for the time being and come back in 4 - 8 weeks when you are readjusted.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
any pre workout supplement like jack3d. Jack3d is the only one with the 1,3-Dimethylamylamine if you want something less potent go for something else. They used to make stuff called ripped fuel which was menna send you crazy not sure you can get it now though
Reply 5
Just as a follow up/review:

- Pro Plus cost £3.50 for a 24 pack from Lloyds Pharmacy, they turned out to only have 50mg of the stuff per tablet. I popped like 8 of them (Don't do this - I have very high caffeine tolerance) and basically they didn't have a vast effect. They definitely worked as an anti-fatigue medication, but it wasn't a performance kick.

- Could not find Jack3d anywhere.

- Ripped fuel I found to be expensive so I did not opt to try it. (£18 for 40 Caps)

- Someone recommended Ritalin, and after some Googlfu, turns out it's a controlled drug - Can't get it without prescription and if you do it's treated as a class B. Who would've thought. :P
Original post by tamimi
Just as a follow up/review:

- Could not find Jack3d anywhere.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jack3d
Reply 7
Original post by Cool Kid

Original post by Cool Kid
Yeah there is Jack3d. It contains 1,3-Dimethylamylamine which is a very good stimulant but be warned it can cause pretty bad come downs for some people so each to his own. Read reviews of it to see if you want to gamble on it or not. Many people swear by it, but others stay away from it.
Side note; NZ used concentrated pills of it as a party drug.
If you aren't feeling the effect of caffeine you may want to cycle off stimulants for the time being and come back in 4 - 8 weeks when you are readjusted.

I know several people who tried jack3d and it did very little (high stimulant tolerance?) over several weeks. I haven't tried it personally because the chemical you mentioned is banned in swimming (and most othe sports I think).
Reply 8
Original post by Ocassus
I know several people who tried jack3d and it did very little (high stimulant tolerance?) over several weeks. I haven't tried it personally because the chemical you mentioned is banned in swimming (and most othe sports I think).

Oh yeah forgot to mention that it's banned in a few sports.

It is one where if you have a high stimulant tolerance then it's effects will be diminished but then again that's partly the users fault for not cycling stimulants.
Reply 9

I'm not inclined to buy something that will go down my digestive track, online.
Reply 10
If you are doing anything more potent than caffeine I am surprised by your comments about the "adverse effects of amphetamine". In your position, I would stay away from dodgy research and quasi-legal chemicals in favour of the well researched, documented and commonly medically prescribed amphetamines. Dextroamphetamine, methylphenidate are commonly prescribed for ADHD and less commonly methamphetamine. Their pharmacological profiles are well documented.

If you can bring yourself to move away from social stigma.

Propylhexedrine is unregulated. You can extract it from Benzedrex inhalers or probably find the pure powder online. However, caveat emptor. It is quite a heavy weight stimulant and can have some nasty side effects. Personally, I would not recommend it but I do not like any stimulants except caffeine.

I would certainly AVOID this " 1,3-Dimethylamylamine", looks very dodgy and to have very few desirable effects at all (purely a vasoconstrictor?) and to have a totally unestablished pharmacological profile in humans
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by tamimi
I'm not inclined to buy something that will go down my digestive track, online.

Where do you think people buy their supplements? (other than holland and barrett and other overpriced supplement shops)..

There's loads of different products(other than jack3d). Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump , Controlled Labs White Flood, BSN N.O.-Xplode, USPlabs Yok3d are a few of the popular ones. Or you could go to myprotein.com and have a look at the pre-workout section and they have an own brand stimulant called pulse.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
If you're willing to deal with online pharmacy's modafinil (whilst a prescription drug but not controlled) is legal to import for personal use.
Reply 13
Jack3d

Amazon / Ebay, cheaper in the long run than buying energy drinks etc.

Stock up tho.

Quick Reply

Latest