The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rmhumphries
?
:hugs:

Is it a serious burn? If so, you should consider going A&E to get it checked.

While I don't know off-hand, they is some kind of stuff you can put on burns to help reduce the likelyhood of scarring.

Spoiler

It's not serious. It hurt but I think I managed to take the heat out of it fast enough for it to do very little damage. I'm okay now.

Spoiler

Reply 2601
Original post by SciFiBoy
not really, trying to use my laptop but my head is still really spinny so hard to focus on what im doing :sad:

my mum gets back later and is making dinner, but till then don't even know what to eat :s-smilie:

just feel incredibly pathetic and alone today, literally none of my friends are single either so can't even talk to anyone about how I feel (not that 99% of them answer my messages anyway mind)

:frown:

:console:

Hope you're feeling better a bit :hugs:

Original post by avhhs

Spoiler

:bee2: <- medicine bee for you :smile:
Original post by rmhumphries

Spoiler

Spoiler

You feeling any better? :hugs:
Oh god, my head. I just had a shower and I swear the smell of jagermeister is coming out of my pores.

Wicked night though.
Original post by Nut.
I'm just feeling rubbish. MSNing with Laut is helping a bit.
Sober now, drunk a lot of water.

hopefully i'll feel better later on/ at some point in the future

Hope you feel ok today :hugs:

Original post by ParadoxSocks
It's not serious. It hurt but I think I managed to take the heat out of it fast enough for it to do very little damage. I'm okay now.

Spoiler

Hmm, glad it is mostly ok then. :hugs:

Original post by Sabertooth

Spoiler

You feeling any better? :hugs:

You should go. If a - then shout at them until they do / etc until they do something. In the case of b, try and work out some way you can be safe if they do find a drug that works for you. Can you install a lock on your door? Even a simple 6-screw bolt would keep it secure, and you can buy one cheaply if you manage to go out. See if there is a hardware store nearby, or something that won't be as busy as a supermarket?

Being unable to get more than 10 hours sleep in an entire week is a valid reason for an extension.
Sorry to hear he didn't go :hugs:

I hope it was productive for you anyway though
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I'll spoiler it. Can I ask why?

Thanks very much for the response. I really needed to compare experiences because I googled some stuff about SH and some of the information was really, really different to my own experience. Can I ask one last question? How do you actually feel when you decide to SH in the evening and while you're doing it? Sorry, I know this is really personal so feel free not to answer. Thank you, hope you're having a good day too :smile:

Original post by bullettheory
Reponse

Thanks for the response :smile: Really very helpful of you.

I managed to force myself to stop not long after having started because I had a play in which almost every part of my body would be easily visible to my school audience (and cast). I managed to hide any marks in rehearsals until a time when they had gone down enough to not be so obvious.. I suppose the fear of people knowing and talking about it overrode my need for a release :redface:
Reply 2607
saw the nurse practitioner today, she didn't do much, just said it sounded more than likely that i was suffering from depression and that she's gonna refer me to one of the GPs, which won't be til late next week as i'm away over the week :/
I given up on my life. Don't worry, I am not going to jump out of window cos I could never do that. I couldn't do that. However, I am feeling hopeless. Really hopeless. In fact, I just wish God just end my life. I can't cope anymore. I am sat here crying my eyes out.

For years, I suffered with depression in silence. I always knew how to control it.

Come University, I use to get paranoid and had anxiety (still do). I never talked to anyone. I missed out on a lot. As a result of that, the best I could get was a 2.2 in my degree :frown: :cry2: Come revision, I never could do it- I would think (still do), my life is hopeless, I am never going to achieve anything.

I have no job, no prospects, nothing. I really ****ed up my life. :frown:
Original post by Shippy
saw the nurse practitioner today, she didn't do much, just said it sounded more than likely that i was suffering from depression and that she's gonna refer me to one of the GPs, which won't be til late next week as i'm away over the week :/

I suppose she just didn't feel like she was equipped to deal with it.. Still that's a pretty poor show. Hope you're okay.
Original post by littleshambles
nah **** that. you just need confidence. i am super hot IF I MAKE AN EFFORT but really **** at flirting with guys, plus despite being super hot i can't persuade anyone i actually like to have sex with me :colonhash: people aint all that, they're very capricious and temperamental and self-absorbed and if they don't like you / aren't interested it's not because you're an uggo or unloveable it's something to do with their weird idiosyncratic brain. for every person who didn't respond there are 10 others who just haven't responded YET. also think of all the people out there you DON'T fancy. you don't fancy THEM! that's not a reflection on them you just don't, it's cool.

we'll all get laid one day. i swear.

Can't rep this post even though I want to really badly. :emo:

Spoiler

Reply 2611
Original post by Nice Marmite
I suppose she just didn't feel like she was equipped to deal with it.. Still that's a pretty poor show. Hope you're okay.

I suppose I just wanted some answers? Sick of feeling the way I feel cuz it's taking a toll on college/work and stuff :/ I can understand her referring me to a GP though, just wish I'd been able to make an appointment with the GP in the first place but because i rang the doctor's wanting an appointment ASAP, they put me with the nurse. I'll see the GP next week anyway and hope that I feel better after that :smile:
Just paid for a subscription and seen my rep. I love you guys <3

Also found out that my girlfriend negged me once. Humpf.
Original post by Shippy
I suppose I just wanted some answers? Sick of feeling the way I feel cuz it's taking a toll on college/work and stuff :/ I can understand her referring me to a GP though, just wish I'd been able to make an appointment with the GP in the first place but because i rang the doctor's wanting an appointment ASAP, they put me with the nurse. I'll see the GP next week anyway and hope that I feel better after that :smile:

Mmm I can see that that would be fairly frustrating. Be prepared for your doctor to refer you elsewhere though (it is a possibility). Hang on in there :smile:

Just paid for a subscription and seen my rep. I love you guys &lt;3

Also found out that my girlfriend negged me once. Humpf.

Yay! Welcome :smile: So glad you can see :h:

Careful though, I was only meant to be subbed for a month given money's tight and now I can't deal with being a non-sub anymore so I reinstated it :emo: Once a sub, you can never go back. :colone:

Hope you know how to change your username colour (if you want to!) because it took me ages to figure that one out! :tongue:

And haha it's surprising the stuff you find out, isn't it? :giggle:
(edited 12 years ago)
Thanks very much for the response. I really needed to compare experiences because I googled some stuff about SH and some of the information was really, really different to my own experience. Can I ask one last question? How do you actually feel when you decide to SH in the evening and while you're doing it? Sorry, I know this is really personal so feel free not to answer. Thank you, hope you're having a good day too :smile:

Thanks for the response :smile: Really very helpful of you.

I managed to force myself to stop not long after having started because I had a play in which almost every part of my body would be easily visible to my school audience (and cast). I managed to hide any marks in rehearsals until a time when they had gone down enough to not be so obvious.. I suppose the fear of people knowing and talking about it overrode my need for a release :redface:

I'll answer your question above too:

Spoiler

Good that you stopped, the longer you go, the harder it is to stop, so well done for stopping not long after starting, it's a big achievement to stop.

If you have any more questions you can always ask me, I'm quite open with all of it.
Managed to go for a run today, despite their best efforts to put me off. Got a splitting headache now from having the music so loud. I'm a ****ing retard I should have just turned back. :facepalm:

Now I need to get started on writing this essay. My brain feels like mush and they're continually poking it with very sharp sticks. Why me? What the **** did I ever do? :mad:
Original post by bullettheory
I'll answer your question above too:

Spoiler

Good that you stopped, the longer you go, the harder it is to stop, so well done for stopping not long after starting, it's a big achievement to stop.

If you have any more questions you can always ask me, I'm quite open with all of it.

Thanks again. I just really needed some perspective on the whole thing. I started in what I thought was quite an odd way. It was a couple of nights before returning to boarding school and it was 3 in the morning. I started thinking about self harm and then decided, quite calmly that I would get something to eat, have a few glasses of whisky and then start. I did all of this and then carried on for the next couple of weeks before stopping.

I still get the urge to do it though, which is worrying. And I recently found out that several of my friends do too :s-smilie:
Original post by ViceVersa
Yay! Welcome :smile: So glad you can see :h:

Careful though, I was only meant to be subbed for a month given money's tight and now I can't deal with being a non-sub anymore so I reinstated it :emo: Once a sub, you can never go back. :colone:

Hope you know how to change your username colour (if you want to!) because it took me ages to figure that one out! :tongue:

And haha it's surprising the stuff you find out, isn't it? :giggle:

:biggrin: Hee! Thanks for the rep! Oh this is pleasant. I was a sub for a month once but I had to let it go and it was heartbreaking. Totally going to be playing with all of the new settings this evening :biggrin:
Thanks again. I just really needed some perspective on the whole thing. I started in what I thought was quite an odd way. It was a couple of nights before returning to boarding school and it was 3 in the morning. I started thinking about self harm and then decided, quite calmly that I would get something to eat, have a few glasses of whisky and then start. I did all of this and then carried on for the next couple of weeks before stopping.

I still get the urge to do it though, which is worrying. And I recently found out that several of my friends do too :s-smilie:

I haven't done it in exactly a year and still get the worst urges to. I'm not sure if the urges ever go away. :frown:

Latest