The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3820
Original post by annony
I have my interview tomorrow and I am quite nervous
Any advice?
And I only need to take my passport as ID right?

Thank you.. :smile:

aaaah me too! see you there what time and group?
Reply 3821
Original post by harrydo
Hey guys, had my interview today, and I just had a few questions:

What is the usual interview to offer rate?
What is the usual offer for Barts?
When do you think we will hear from Barts?

Also, I am not sure if I filled out the Fee form correctly. I only got a form about ethnicity and UCAS number. I am scared, as if I didn't fill out a form, could that mean instant rejection.

Thx a million!

:bl:

wait do i need my to know my ucas number for my interview tomorrow?
Original post by DoaaK
wait do i need my to know my ucas number for my interview tomorrow?

The form asks for your UCAS number but they tell you not to worry if you can't remember it (they presumably fill it in for you if so).
Original post by andyeverest
Hey Guys,
Im new on the student room .....First post wooooooooo......
But I've been following this thread all year and thought it was bout time i joined as I'm crazy bout medicine and BARTS.
anyway I'm a re-applicant. And I've got an interview on the 20th of February and here are my stats:
GCSE's 8A's 3B's
A-Levels: Chemistry A Biology A Geography A Maths b (AS) General Studies A Extended Project A
UKCAT 609.5
Tariff points: 631 (with all the other extra tariff points I've achieved...

Ive been rejected at BSMS and Keele, But have an Interview here and at Liverpool.......getting sooo nervous now. Nice to finally post on here :biggrin:

:hello:
Reply 3824
Original post by Kingbradley6
The form asks for your UCAS number but they tell you not to worry if you can't remember it (they presumably fill it in for you if so).

thanks! also how long was the whole interview process? like (how long we're you waiting and how long was the tour)
need to know what time I'm getting picked up :smile:
Reply 3825
Original post by DoaaK
aaaah me too! see you there what time and group?

11am E
What about you?
Good luck!
Reply 3826
oh is there a form to fill in once there?
so i should take a pen?
Reply 3827
Original post by Notsocleverstudent
All of them

Original post by DoaaK
thanks! also how long was the whole interview process? like (how long we're you waiting and how long was the tour)
need to know what time I'm getting picked up :smile:

Well my interview was at 9:00 but I arrived early at about 8:20. Probably got into the interview at about 9:05 and it lasted 15 to 20 minutes. Then I had to wait for more people to return before I could have a tour. I ended up leaving Barts at about 10:15. So with the guidance of being there 15 minutes early, the whole thing takes about an hour and a half?
Reply 3829
Hey guys for the students already at barts, regarding clinical contact, in the first two years how much so you get? Watching the barts video I got the impression the clinical contact is sort of split into preclinical - clinical (but with limited contact in pre clinical)
Reply 3830
Original post by ViceVersa
Probably not..

Why didn't you? :awesome:

Due to the increase in applicants and the fact the last interview date is basically the end of Feb, it's best not to expect anything till March :yep:

Certainly!
Reply 3831
Original post by annony
11am E
What about you?
Good luck!

11.45 A goodluck!
Good luck to everyone tomorrow, and hope to see you there guys.
Original post by Shaman
Exactly! I was worried for a bit, but after a while i relaxed and went with the flow of it. Hopefully it went well but its hard to think how they assess you ha. Well done on interview btw :smile:

Don't be thrown off by the the friendly students you see - we're just there to have a chat with you really! Haha. The whole point of having students there is to try and calm your nerves. Its very normal to be a little bit nervous before an interview anywhere really (a lack of nerves before an interview starts IMO is a bad thing as it means you're probably going in with too much confidence), but BL students in the waiting area just try and help you channel those nerves into enthusiasm and passion for the interview!

Original post by Future Doc
Had my interview today. Barts are so friendly, it threw me.

Oooh, I met a bunch of 2nd year QMUL biomeds yesterday afternoon! There were quite a few of you there around about the same time - I probably even spoke to you. Haha.
Ooh, and Good Luck to those with interviews tomorrow - I'll be there in the waiting area probably just chatting away with some of you! Haha
Original post by Medicine Man
Ooh, and Good Luck to those with interviews tomorrow - I'll be there in the waiting area probably just chatting away with some of you! Haha

Yo dawg, I'm going to be applying for the Bsc in the next week or so but I'm a bit lost on the application process as it wasn't explained very well to us.

Any pointers?
Original post by RollerBall
Yo dawg, I'm going to be applying for the Bsc in the next week or so but I'm a bit lost on the application process as it wasn't explained very well to us.

Any pointers?

Wait a minute, I thought the deadline for that was last Friday, or am I mistaken? :s

Either way, what exactly did you want to know? The application process (as in filling in the form), the interview process, or about the BSc course itself?
Original post by Medicine Man
Wait a minute, I thought the deadline for that was last Friday, or am I mistaken? :s

Either way, what exactly did you want to know? The application process (as in filling in the form), the interview process, or about the BSc course itself?

Sigh, no you were right. I didn't even realise as that was the last day of the SSC and I had loads of work due in.

I emailed Kate McFarlane to see if I could submit a late app but it's not to be. Looks like I'll be applying next year >.>

I'm going to speak to the two that organised the SSC to see if I can get involved in MedEd some other way for next year, either helping with a project/research or similar so at least I'm still doing something. Hopefully they'll be able to point me in the direction of something I could do. Well annoyed with myself for missing that.
Have they finished giving out interviews?
Do we receive an email if we get an offer? Or a letter?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending