The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by andrewpeters
Do we receive an email if we get an offer? Or a letter?

It was e-mails last year, but track updated first. Would imagine it'd be the same this year.
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
It was e-mails last year, but track updated first. Would imagine it'd be the same this year.

Why can't they tell us faster!

It's putting me off Barts.... :s-smilie:
scholarship deadline today:smile:- just to confirm- do they have another interview for the scholarship?
Reply 3843
Original post by kingcoltzan
Why can't they tell us faster!

It's putting me off Barts.... :s-smilie:

tbh, i think your a bit ridiculous that you haven't pulled out of barts as you have an offer from kings and you've stated that its your first choice.
Some of us have barts as our first choice.
Original post by Tripo
tbh, i think your a bit ridiculous that you haven't pulled out of barts as you have an offer from kings and you've stated that its your first choice.
Some of us have barts as our first choice.

Why is it ridiculous?

It's a free world, I've worked to get here.... and I've never said I wouldn't firm/insure Barts.
Original post by Medicine Man
Don't be thrown off by the the friendly students you see - we're just there to have a chat with you really! Haha. The whole point of having students there is to try and calm your nerves. Its very normal to be a little bit nervous before an interview anywhere really (a lack of nerves before an interview starts IMO is a bad thing as it means you're probably going in with too much confidence), but BL students in the waiting area just try and help you channel those nerves into enthusiasm and passion for the interview!

Oooh, I met a bunch of 2nd year QMUL biomeds yesterday afternoon! There were quite a few of you there around about the same time - I probably even spoke to you. Haha.

Think you may have given me my tour.
Or at least i'm sure I met an intercalater who I thought was you (wasn't sure if it's the same guy I got the tour off)
I was the guy who had the cup related drama with one of the students.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3846
Why is it ridiculous?

It's a free world, I've worked to get here.... and I've never said I wouldn't firm/insure Barts.

lol, chill guy, I'm just saying that barts will give the same offer as kings and by somebody pulling out means a person gets to benefit. For example if i get a GEP offer from warwick(unlikey as i messed it up) id pull out of my other places purely for financial reasons even though barts is my first choice, which would free up space for somebody else.
Original post by Tripo
lol, chill guy, I'm just saying that barts will give the same offer as kings and by somebody pulling out means a person gets to benefit. For example if i get a GEP offer from warwick(unlikey as i messed it up) id pull out of my other places purely for financial reasons even though barts is my first choice, which would free up space for somebody else.

But I do IB, so they might NOT give the same offer, which is why I am waiting.

It's a free world, people are allowed to go for what they want, and I want to keep my options open :cool:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3848
I agree with Tripo. I've got offers from UCL and Imperial, so I'm going to withdraw my application to barts. Making a quicker decision will just help them give an offer to someone else, perhaps someone who hasn't heard from anywhere yet. :smile:
Reply 3849
Original post by akash297
I agree with Tripo. I've got offers from UCL and Imperial, so I'm going to withdraw my application to barts. Making a quicker decision will just help them give an offer to someone else, perhaps someone who hasn't heard from anywhere yet. :smile:

your an absolute legend, and well done on imperial/ucl(i did my undergrad at imperial so if you need any advice on accommodation/area/uni hit me up). Thankfully somebody understands my logic.

You sir, are a don :cool:

I hate you :emo:

On a serious note though, well done :smile:
Reply 3852
Original post by oHellno
I hate you :emo:

On a serious note though, well done :smile:

How is your university application going?
Why can't they tell us faster!It's putting me off Barts.... :s-smilie:

Wahhhh

It's your loss if you don't come to BL, not ours :tongue:

How is your university application going?

Not too bad. Got an offer from King's, waiting on BL to get back to me after interview, rejection from Impy :grumble: and nothing from UCL.
Reply 3855
Original post by oHellno
Not too bad. Got an offer from King's, waiting on BL to get back to me after interview, rejection from Impy :grumble: and nothing from UCL.

Sounds good. Hope you get UCL!
Looking back at old posts loads of people complain about using the Ucas Tariff system...

I don't personally see any problem with using this to select for interview and it couldn't be clearer for students applying...anyone who is thinking of applying only needed to phone admissions to find out theres a UKCAT hurdle of 600 and then we are all ranked on Tariff scores, I think its good to see a University be so clear about their requirements..... Barts have always been happy to help and so have the best admissions team for me....anyone who doesn't like using the tariff system should play to their own strengths and apply elsewhere instead of moaning.

Barts all the way .... :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by andrewpeters
Have they finished giving out interviews?

I believe so....i think the last of the interviews were given out by the 14th because the last interview date is late february and they give interviewees 2 weeks notice roughly.... :smile: anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Yep, all the interviews have been given out. :yep:

So scared now. :nothing:
Reply 3859
Had my interview yesterday - was pretty intense and I was very nervous. Went on for around 30 minutes. Felt like quite the grilling. Don't hold much hope which is a shame as I loved the University.

Does anyone know what they point you on?

Quick Reply