The Student Room Group

Journalism Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gonchanya

hey :smile: Im doing the IB too, how many points are you on if you dont mind me asking? Im waiting for sheffield now too! haha we all are. and have you gotten your bournemouth offer?

I have been predicted a 35 without my extra points from ToK and EE.
Bournesmouth and UCLAN have given me offers! (so at least I have a backup eh? :P)
No news from the rest...
a little bird told me that Sheffield will be sending out their offers on the 16th! CIRCLE THE DATE ON YOUR CALENDAR!

WHat about you?
Original post by lauren_a

Aha nobody has got Sheffield yet. Judging from last year, the offers are all likely to be given out on the same day/couple of days...

Yea... Apparently on the 16th... that was what it was last year.

[QUOTE="gonchanya;36169237"]
Original post by Fruitcake_OX
Howdy,

hellooo :smile: Im doing ib though so my grades are in points

Where are you applying
Sheffield, Newcastle, Bournemouth, UCA, LCC

What subjects/grades did you get
Overall, 35 points in IB

What work experience are you doing
Founded and ran my own school paper for two years! Also did drama production where I wrote the script and promoted it and worked at a biggest international student newspaper in Beijing, China.
I do lack really good proper work experience though :frown:

What sort of course content are you looking for (TV, Radio, Print etc)
Print!

Whats your DREAM job!
LOADS of travel

And have you guys gotten offers from Sheffield/Newcastle yet?? Major heart attacks here!

Wow!!! Impressive. I've been predicted a 35 too (without the extra points). Guess we're both in the same boat eh?
Well this is the week... Wish you good luck on your offer... us IB students should stick together eh?
Reply 63
Original post by ChubbyWatermelon
Yea... Apparently on the 16th... that was what it was last year.

Yeah and the year before that. Ooh it's so close!
Reply 64
[QUOTE="ChubbyWatermelon;36297589"]

Wow!!! Impressive. I've been predicted a 35 too (without the extra points). Guess we're both in the same boat eh?
Well this is the week... Wish you good luck on your offer... us IB students should stick together eh?

Yeah haha with the two extra im on 37. and jesus 16th! thats insanely close and very very scary too... thank god its after valentines day so i wont have to deal with the disappointment then :P
Reply 65
Yeah and the year before that. Ooh it's so close!

ahhhhh good luck :smile: i am so nervous now knowing that it might be next week..
Original post by Moniquella
Hey, i'm Monica, I want to study journalism and i have applied to:
Sunderland
Westminster
Staffordshire
Edinburgh napier
Central Lancashire
And i have already got unconditional from Sunderland.
How do you think in which university is most worthy to study?

I am applying journalism myself and I have been to some of those places and researched the living daylights out of it. There is good places that are not on your list. But just on your list I would say the best there is Edinburgh Napier and worst by a mile is Westminster. It would go:

Edinburgh Napier
UCLAN
Sunderland
Staffordshire
Westminster

Good luck:smile:
Reply 67
Is anyone with an NTU offer going to any of the open days?
Reply 68
Original post by bluemonday2
I am applying journalism myself and I have been to some of those places and researched the living daylights out of it. There is good places that are not on your list. But just on your list I would say the best there is Edinburgh Napier and worst by a mile is Westminster. It would go:

Edinburgh Napier
UCLAN
Sunderland
Staffordshire
Westminster

Good luck:smile:

thank u very much for your opinion !!! It means for me a lot :smile:
Reply 69
Is anyone with an NTU offer going to any of the open days?

sorry this is irrelevant but ahhhh its the 16th. nerves are giving me a headache and making me nauseous. let us know if you get good news! :smile:
Reply 70
sorry this is irrelevant but ahhhh its the 16th. nerves are giving me a headache and making me nauseous. let us know if you get good news! :smile:

Good luck to everyone expecting news!
Reply 71
What an inconvenient time for TSR to go down!
I managed to get an offer from Sheffield, very pleased. Anyone else hear news?
Reply 72

Well done! Sameee :smile: so happy!
Reply 73
Original post by BeckyD
Well done! Sameee :smile: so happy!

Well done! You planning on firming it? :biggrin:
Reply 74
Well done! You planning on firming it? :biggrin:

I'm undecided! It's my favourite uni by far but i'm not sure on the course, think broadcast journalism would be better for me at my other options. I'll see when I go for the post applicant day, I'm sure my obsession for Sheffield will be rekindled then! How about you? :smile:
Original post by BeckyD
I'm undecided! It's my favourite uni by far but i'm not sure on the course, think broadcast journalism would be better for me at my other options. I'll see when I go for the post applicant day, I'm sure my obsession for Sheffield will be rekindled then! How about you? :smile:

Most of the second year at Sheffield is broadcast based, and in the third year you choose to work on either a broadcast or print portfolio. So if you don't mind waiting a year you'll be doing a lot of broadcast anyway :smile:

Congrats to those who got Sheffield offers! :biggrin:
Reply 76

oh yay! Im so happy for you :biggrin: I still haven't heard mine but i am now pretty positive it will be bad news. Either way, It is so amazing you got an offer :smile: :smile:
Reply 77
Original post by apassingfeeling
Most of the second year at Sheffield is broadcast based, and in the third year you choose to work on either a broadcast or print portfolio. So if you don't mind waiting a year you'll be doing a lot of broadcast anyway :smile:

Congrats to those who got Sheffield offers! :biggrin:

Thank you! :smile:
Oooh that's so helpful, thanks! I was a bit wary because at the open day he said only a tiny bit was broadcast journalism and it was heavily focussed on print. Do you know if you get a showreel at the end of the degree at Sheffield?

CONGRATS!!! Glad to see some people are getting their offers! :smile:
Still waiting... psychological torture!!! O.O
Reply 79
Good luck to everyone still waiting! I'm sure it won't be long now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending