The Student Room Group

Performing Arts/Drama/Acting/etc Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by rprice500
I'll be at ALRA on the 3rd :smile:

yeeeah, finally found someone :smile: what's your name?
Reply 181
Ryan Price :smile: add me on Facebook and we can be terrified together wooooo

[Mod note: Facebook link removed, please use private messages to exchange contact details]
Im auditioning for the lir and rada next week! so scared!! how were your other auditions?
Reply 183
Does anyone know what happens at the Manchester Met recalls?! I'm going insane trying to be as prepared as I can as this is my first recall and I absolutely loved the school and Manchester itself! 5 days to go
Original post by Virna
No one applying for Stage Management and technical theatre??

I have applied to RADA, ALRA and East 15 for Technical Theatre and Stage Management.
Harvey
anyone was asked to present the song in any audition?
this - surprisingly - is what scares me the most! any tips?
thanks and good luck to us all ((:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 186
I've got a question for everybody who applied to Guildhall: How long did it take them to send you your audition date?
Because I sent my application (and made my audition fee payment) over a month ago and still haven't heard back...
Reply 187
Well, that's two auditions done for me and another next week.

Royal Scottish: got through to the second round but not to the last.
Royal Welsh: been invited to a recall in late April.

How have everyone else been doing?
Original post by annnny
I've got a question for everybody who applied to Guildhall: How long did it take them to send you your audition date?
Because I sent my application (and made my audition fee payment) over a month ago and still haven't heard back...

Yep mine took about a month and a bit before i got a reply.. i got audition on 3rd April. Dont worry they havent forgotten about u.. just wait a little longer :biggrin:
hows the preparation going people? Monologues and stuff? :biggrin:
Reply 190
Anybody auditioning for LAMDA in Leicester? xxx
Reply 191
Just found out that I didn't get into MMU. Really gutted coz it was my first recall and felt it went well! Ah wellll 5 more auditions still! Just panic booked Central for April 4th. Anyone else going then? I'm so scared that there'll be virtually no places left then though.

Anyone had any luck in gaining a place anywhere?
Reply 192
Original post by holly6946
Anybody auditioning for LAMDA in Leicester? xxx

I am indeed! When are you auditioning for LAMDA?
Reply 193
Original post by GonnaMarryTheNight
Dont worry they havent forgotten about u.. just wait a little longer :biggrin:

I will, I will...I have no choice but to wait anyway :biggrin:
But thanks for the info :smile:
Reply 194
Original post by LinfordB
I am indeed! When are you auditioning for LAMDA?

April 14th? Are you from the great East Midlands too then?xxxxx
Reply 195
Can somebody please help me with the required alevels for a drama and/or acting degree. I do chemistry, biology, psychology and sociology. I've completely changed my mind on dentistry and I'd rather peruse what I've done from a very young age. I've done all my LAMDA exams up to my Bronze, and I'm taking my silver in the summer and my gold in the winter. I have lots of outside of school experience in drama and acting such as television and short film work. I was just wondering whether they would accept experience over a drama/performing arts alevel. Planning on dropping chemistry. I'm in year 12 btw x
Reply 196
Original post by YazB7
Can somebody please help me with the required alevels for a drama and/or acting degree. I do chemistry, biology, psychology and sociology. I've completely changed my mind on dentistry and I'd rather peruse what I've done from a very young age. I've done all my LAMDA exams up to my Bronze, and I'm taking my silver in the summer and my gold in the winter. I have lots of outside of school experience in drama and acting such as television and short film work. I was just wondering whether they would accept experience over a drama/performing arts alevel. Planning on dropping chemistry. I'm in year 12 btw x

I think for Drama they'll generally ask that you're doing an A Level in Drama, or some related subject, as well as the experience - if you're interested in Psychology, have you considered joint honours? MMU's Cheshire campus offers joint honours and I got an offer from there to do it with a lot of emphasis on my acting experience and hardly any on psychology in my PS :smile:

However, for Acting I think they'd probably take your LAMDA exams and your experience into account, although if you're dropping Chem it might stand in your favour to, if possible, do Drama AS Level next year?

Good luck!
Reply 197
Original post by madders94
I think for Drama they'll generally ask that you're doing an A Level in Drama, or some related subject, as well as the experience - if you're interested in Psychology, have you considered joint honours? MMU's Cheshire campus offers joint honours and I got an offer from there to do it with a lot of emphasis on my acting experience and hardly any on psychology in my PS :smile:

However, for Acting I think they'd probably take your LAMDA exams and your experience into account, although if you're dropping Chem it might stand in your favour to, if possible, do Drama AS Level next year?

Good luck!

Thank youuu. Do all uni's ask for alevel drama/ performing arts? Or is there some that don't ask?
Reply 198
Original post by YazB7
Thank youuu. Do all uni's ask for alevel drama/ performing arts? Or is there some that don't ask?

I'm not sure - I think LJMU, MMU, Aberystwyth and Glamorgan want it, but Glyndwr wants 240 points, I don't think they specify Drama, and they require an audition so I think a strong PS, detailing your experience, and a good audition as well as good references should be sufficient to get you in there, and the course sounds very good.

UCAS website would probably be a good place to look for drama/acting degrees and their entry requirements -

http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/Qel89yEf9nwPm3aXuA-R9JstDpRlE-4xL9/HAHTpage/search.HsKeywordSuggestion.whereNext?query=5&word=ACTING&single=N

http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/Qel89yEf9nwPm3aXuA-R9JstDpRlE-4xL9/HAHTpage/search.HsKeywordSuggestion.whereNext?query=201&word=DRAMA&single=Y
Reply 199
Original post by madders94
I'm not sure - I think LJMU, MMU, Aberystwyth and Glamorgan want it, but Glyndwr wants 240 points, I don't think they specify Drama, and they require an audition so I think a strong PS, detailing your experience, and a good audition as well as good references should be sufficient to get you in there, and the course sounds very good.

UCAS website would probably be a good place to look for drama/acting degrees and their entry requirements -

http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/Qel89yEf9nwPm3aXuA-R9JstDpRlE-4xL9/HAHTpage/search.HsKeywordSuggestion.whereNext?query=5&word=ACTING&single=N

http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/Qel89yEf9nwPm3aXuA-R9JstDpRlE-4xL9/HAHTpage/search.HsKeywordSuggestion.whereNext?query=201&word=DRAMA&single=Y

Thank you :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest