The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1940
Has anybody gone to an interview for bsc adult nursing at middlesex?
Reply 1941
Original post by Snowfreeze
Anybody going to the Middlesex interview for adult nursing at 1pm tomorrow? :smile:

I got mine on the 20th... How did it go? What's it like?
congrats to everyone whos got offers!!
Reply 1943
Original post by Surfing_the_shine
hi what branch did you apply for ?

Adult Nursing :smile:
Reply 1944
Original post by KingGoonIan
Rejected from York ages ago and got conditional from Northumbria.

Hiya,

How long after references got sent did you get your offer from Norhtumbria?
Original post by jadey21
Hiya,

How long after references got sent did you get your offer from Norhtumbria?

Hiya it took just under 3 weeks.
Reply 1946
Original post by KingGoonIan
Hiya it took just under 3 weeks.

I had my interview on 27th Jan and then got asked for reference almost 2 weeks ago, they received it last Thursday so hopefully it wont be long now :biggrin:
Original post by jadey21
I had my interview on 27th Jan and then got asked for reference almost 2 weeks ago, they received it last Thursday so hopefully it wont be long now :biggrin:

Hope you get the place, I'm sure you will if they've asked for a reference then you're pretty much there. :wink:
Original post by ali93
I got mine on the 20th... How did it go? What's it like?

I got an offer the day after the interview. First there's an hour's presentation about the course, and you get told all these things like "If you're not dedicated, healthy, motivated etc" you won't survive on the course. Then they interview you.

They ask you 10 questions and the interviewer said they ask the same questions to everybody. Some of mine were: 'Why do you want to be an adult nurse instead of a mental health or child nurse?', 'Give an example of where you've shown compassion', 'What advice would you give to somebody who isn't used to a multicultural society, as London is very multicultural?', 'What do you think an adult nurse does that say a healthcare assistant doesn't do?

When they say 'Do you have any questions' at the end, try to ask 2 questions as it looks good.
Reply 1949
Has anyone applied for Childrens nursing at KCL, UWL, Herts, Bedfordshire or Middlesex??
Reply 1950
Original post by CaseyJ
I have a place on the Children's Nursing degree course at Greenwich University. Start date is May 2012!! I am very excited :smile:

I'm 24 and have been working since I finished my A-Levels so this is a career change for me.

I have already started buying books (while I have the money):
The Student Nurse Handbook (2nd ed) - Amazon - £10.92
Bailliere's Nurses' Dictionary - Amazon - £3.49
Ross and Wilson Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness - Amazon - £6.74

The Student Handbook and Anatomy book were from Amazon traders and the Anatomy book was 2nd hand (like new) because the brand new versions were a bit pricey.

I have also subscribed to Nursing Standard online and I receive their magazine. It's a MASSIVE resource with leaftlets, archives and news!

I would love to hear from fellow Child Nursing students and anyone who will be studying a NUrsing course with Greenwich next year!

Im starting in May too! how exciting!!
Reply 1951
Had all my interviews now.. now the wait to hear how i did :frown: really hope i got into Cardiff :frown: x
Reply 1952
Im starting the childrens nursing course at Greenwich uni in May 2012. So excited!! Would love to hear from anyone else who is starting too :smile::smile:
Reply 1953
I had my Chester Adult Nursing interview today!
It went well, the group interview wasn't nearly as daunting as I thought it would be!
Im so happy...just found out I passed my exam at Cardiff (which I really thought I'd failed!) got an interview on the 7th March for Adult Nursing. Has anyone else found out from Cardiff today and whens your interview? Might be nice to recognise someone on the day as its up to 4 1/2 hours long! :smile:
Gemma x
Reply 1955
Original post by carys_h
Im starting in May too! how exciting!!

Can u give me some advise on what they asked at interview please I have my interview on 5th march thank u x x x
Original post by gemma.louise89
Im so happy...just found out I passed my exam at Cardiff (which I really thought I'd failed!) got an interview on the 7th March for Adult Nursing. Has anyone else found out from Cardiff today and whens your interview? Might be nice to recognise someone on the day as its up to 4 1/2 hours long! :smile:
Gemma x

I took mine 2 weeks ago and have not found out yet. I am preparing for the worst but hey ho:smile: Congrats on your pass when did you take it??
Got an offer from Bradford :smile: so relieved....after being rejected from Leeds & Huddersfield thought it might be over...to all those waiting for news...don't lose hope!
Original post by zoii
Had all my interviews now.. now the wait to hear how i did :frown: really hope i got into Cardiff :frown: x

How did the Cardiff one go in the end? xx
Hi is anyone starting childrens nursing this year at the UEA?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending