The Student Room Group

What A-levels did you take? And what degree do you hope to study?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
A2- Maths, Further Maths & History.

Hoping to study Computer Science :biggrin:.
Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics. Applied to Physics and Actuarial Science through UCAS and Medicine in ROI. Only posted this to see what whatshisface thinks of my choices haha
So I'm studying at A2:
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Chemistry

If all goes to plan I will be studying a MSci in Theoretical Physics, or similar.
Reply 43
Original post by lukas1051
Really? Thanks I really appreciate your opinion oh wise internet person. Now I don't mean to brag, but in a few months time I'm going to be going to the 8th best university in the world to study a subject with the second highest graduate employment salary in the whole university, I'm going to be spending a good deal of time travelling across the world to perform fieldwork in various interesting places which is my lifetime dream, I'll graduate in about 4 years and I'm statistically likely to be lapped up by a very lucrative oil or mining company and I'll probably end up working for 3 months a year on an offshore oil rig in Australia making upwards of £50,000 a year.

You haven't got into Imperial yet :wink:.

But if you get in, good going.
(edited 12 years ago)
After reading all the ripping to shreds over your degree choice I thought it would be pretty funny to post mine...:smile:

Here goes!!

A Levels

French
Economics and Business
English Lit Lang
Art

Studying Fashion Buying at university! :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by un-jardin-sur-le-nil
After reading all the ripping to shreds over your degree choice I thought it would be pretty funny to post mine...:smile:

Here goes!!

A Levels

French
Economics and Business
English Lit Lang
Art

Fashion buying? :eek:. Never heard of that one lol.
Seems like someone has had their heartbroken by a geography teacher:mmm:
Original post by un-jardin-sur-le-nil

Here goes!!

A Levels

French
Economics and Business
English Lit Lang
Art

You are going to get slaughtered... maybe not
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm in year 11, I am going to study:
French
History
English Literature
Law (replacing this with Maths)
Critical Thinking (dropping this at the interview)

Interested in History and French at Uni or maybe a Politics or Law related degree (can't really decide yet :tongue:).
Geography
Politics
Economics
History (AS)

Going to study Politics and Sociology :biggrin:
Reply 50
Studied -
Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Geography

Originally to study veterinary medicine, but due to grades going to study geography :smile:
Reply 51

Drama I agree on, unless it's the top performing schools (like the Julliard School or something), but Geography, a bit harsh isn't it? Most of them do better than, to be fair, many other degrees.
Reply 52
A levels:

Biology
ICT
English lang
Gen stud

Offers from 5 unis for Media comms and culture
Reply 53
Maths
Economics
History
Chemistry

Either gonna drop chemistry or history at A2.

Wanna study economics at LSE hopefully.
I'm retaking some of my A-levels, I'm currently finishing off my A2's this June, in;
Biology
Chemistry
Physics

I've applied to read Medicine at university *fingers crossed*
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 55
Economics, History & Politics. English Literature at AS.

Politics at university in 2012.
Reply 56
I'm not entirely sure if I've posted on this thread before...anyway, my A-levels are:
Maths
Biology
Sociology
Spanish

I hope to be studying Politics, Psychology and Sociology (yes, that is one course - PPS) at university. At the majority of my other choices, I've applied for straight Sociology.
(AS)
English Lit
Fine Art
History of Art
Psychology

I'm not really sure about degrees, but I am looking at Illustration.

(Mainly posting to see how whatever-his-name-is reacts to this, as I wholly respect and highly regard his opinion.)
History
English
Psychology
Sociology (Will drop)

Hopefully do History or Psychology.
Reply 59
I'm taking:
English Lit
German
History
Sociology
(and dropped English Language after AS).

I have 5 conditional offers for English Lit and Creative Writing - and I'm not ashamed of deciding to spend my money on a degree that I'm interested in, rather than one that will merely help me get a job. I've also not applied to some of the 'top' universities, but I know I'll be more comfortable at the institutions I've chosen.

Some people think about other things than money or reputation. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest