The Student Room Group

Applying to Adult Nursing-2012 Entry

Hello!
I am Northern Irish, but living in the United States applying to universities in the UK for Adult Nursing entry in 2012. I am applying to:
[INDENT]Queen's University Belfast
Ulster University
King's College London
Manchester University
Liverpool University
Bangor University[/INDENT]

I sent in my Queen's application January 4th, the others are going in through UCAS on the 15th!

Anybody else going the same route as me?
thanks! x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes me :biggrin: i applied to Queens also. Really really hope i get an interview and offered a place, nervous waiting for replies from Uni's though. I applied to queens, magee adult nursing, mental nursing in magee also, liverpool john moores adult nursing and health and social care in J'town.
Reply 2
Hey I'm from Northern Ireland too :smile: I've applied for Adult Nursing to Ulster, Leeds, Edge Hill, Lincoln and Nottingham
Reply 3
Hey I'm from Northern Ireland, have applied for Adult nursing at Queens and also in Ulster, Glasgow Caledonian, Northumbria, Dundee and Stirling. Have interviews for Glasgow and Northumbria but I'm really hoping to hear from Queens!
I am from N.I, I've applied to Adult Nursing in all these uni's: Queen's, Magee, Glasgow Caledonian, Edinburgh Napier and Leeds Met. I've only heard back from Leeds Met and Glasgow Caley. I had my Leeds Met interview on 19th Jan and Im going to the one in Glasgow on the 15th Feb! I defo hope I hear back from Magee and Queens. If I had my way I'd be for Queens, and if I have to go away my first choice would be Glasgow! Its really competative got and scary at how many applications there are for very little spaces.
Reply 5
i am from n.i too. ive applied to queens adult nursing, magee adult nursing, dundee adult nursing, edinburgh napier and uni of west scotland. i have only heard bk from uni of west scotland and i have had my interview for it.. the wait is killing me lol
Reply 6
Original post by shirlene1411
I am from N.I, I've applied to Adult Nursing in all these uni's: Queen's, Magee, Glasgow Caledonian, Edinburgh Napier and Leeds Met. I've only heard back from Leeds Met and Glasgow Caley. I had my Leeds Met interview on 19th Jan and Im going to the one in Glasgow on the 15th Feb! I defo hope I hear back from Magee and Queens. If I had my way I'd be for Queens, and if I have to go away my first choice would be Glasgow! Its really competative got and scary at how many applications there are for very little spaces.

Hey! I have applied to do adult nursing at Dundee, Edinburgh Napier, Glasgow caledonian and Stirling. I've got an interview for Stirling and Dundee but haven't heard back from the others. My first choice is Napier then Glasgow, I was just wondering when you heard back from Glasgow? :smile: Thanks
Original post by Alexandra93
Hey! I have applied to do adult nursing at Dundee, Edinburgh Napier, Glasgow caledonian and Stirling. I've got an interview for Stirling and Dundee but haven't heard back from the others. My first choice is Napier then Glasgow, I was just wondering when you heard back from Glasgow? :smile: Thanks

Hey yeah I am going to Glasgow Caledonian on 15th February for a 'identification and information session'.....I got an email and a letter about it a couple weeks back and so did another friend in my college class. But, another girl from our college class heard nothing, so she rang them and they told her that they are still processing application forms and that every applicant will go to one of the 'identification and information session' Which I find strange because basically it sounds like there wasn't even a short listing, it's a matter of every applicant goes.....?

So I rang GCU myself to find more info on it and the day includes a group session where we find out more information etc about the course then go into smaller groups for a group discussion. Then I asked well what happens after that, are we shortlisted for a place on the course? and the woman said NO!....and that there will be a second interview! it's a bit of a nightmare! and she said those who havent heard from GCU yet will hear soon and be invited to one held at a later date....
Reply 8
Original post by shirlene1411
Hey yeah I am going to Glasgow Caledonian on 15th February for a 'identification and information session'.....I got an email and a letter about it a couple weeks back and so did another friend in my college class. But, another girl from our college class heard nothing, so she rang them and they told her that they are still processing application forms and that every applicant will go to one of the 'identification and information session' Which I find strange because basically it sounds like there wasn't even a short listing, it's a matter of every applicant goes.....?

So I rang GCU myself to find more info on it and the day includes a group session where we find out more information etc about the course then go into smaller groups for a group discussion. Then I asked well what happens after that, are we shortlisted for a place on the course? and the woman said NO!....and that there will be a second interview! it's a bit of a nightmare! and she said those who havent heard from GCU yet will hear soon and be invited to one held at a later date....

another interview??? goodness they dont make it easy for us who have to fly from NI..lol got an interview for Dundee today..but I dont think I'll go already going to 2 overseas..cant afford to go to them all...think I'll just hold my hopes out for Queens! thanks for the info
Original post by RWills94
another interview??? goodness they dont make it easy for us who have to fly from NI..lol got an interview for Dundee today..but I dont think I'll go already going to 2 overseas..cant afford to go to them all...think I'll just hold my hopes out for Queens! thanks for the info

Congrats, thats a great confidence boost though that you got all interview offers for overseas! I just found out I got a conditional offer for Leeds Met, so I am happy cos I am in somewhere but fingers crossed I can get into Queens like! and Yeah about GCU, Im pretty sure the girl suggested that for the second interview you can possibly request a telephone interview cos they understand in terms of finances etc.....but dont quote me on that because I dont think she was 100percent sure how they do it. HEADFRYING! :eek::eek:
Hi,
I've received an offer in November from University of Manchester which I'll be accepting because it is my first choice!
Just wondering if anyone else will be accepting at Manchester? xx
Reply 11
Hi, I'm an Irish RNID, I git my place for adult conversion in Napier starting in Sept. Anybody else heading that way???
Reply 12
the qub nursing letters have been posted, eeeeeeppp
Reply 13
I've heard back from Liverpool, Bangor, King's and Queen's but nothing from Ulster or Manchester! Also got an interview from Queen's on the 24th!!
Reply 14
Original post by narrucharas
I've heard back from Liverpool, Bangor, King's and Queen's but nothing from Ulster or Manchester! Also got an interview from Queen's on the 24th!!

wen was it you heard back from queens??? did u get an interview?
Reply 15
Anyone from the republic still waiting for a reply ? There seems to be alot of mature applicants ? Hate coming home from school and finding out that there's no letter from Queens :frown: lol Hopefully I'll get 1 this week :smile: Good Luck Everyone :smile:
I've also applied for adult nursing in liverpool Manchester uni of ulster and queens got interviews for Liverpool and queens any advice
Reply 17
anyone applied to go to Glasgow Cally, Nottingham, Edge Hill or magee?
Reply 18
UPDATE

I was unsuccessful for Liverpool & Manchester
I was shortlisted for and interview at Bangor but they ran out of places so they could not offer me anything.
I had my Queen's interview in February and my Ulster interview in March. I attended a Selection Day at King's as welL in March.
I have conditional offers from King's and Ulster and I am still waiting to hear from Queen's

What are everyone else's offers?

xSarah
Original post by narrucharas
UPDATE

I was unsuccessful for Liverpool & Manchester
I was shortlisted for and interview at Bangor but they ran out of places so they could not offer me anything.
I had my Queen's interview in February and my Ulster interview in March. I attended a Selection Day at King's as welL in March.
I have conditional offers from King's and Ulster and I am still waiting to hear from Queen's

What are everyone else's offers?

xSarah

Big congratulations on getting offers from King's and Ulster! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest