The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ikz94
omgs same boata s you but straight up i got DUU! :frown:

Lol i got CDEE!! what subjects in?
I dislike Edexcel geography muchly. Its all too human based - even the so called physical sides are pretty much human (geo2 coasts as an example).
Geo1 seems a bit better... Doing globalisation (which is crap.) and world at risk (which is better.)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mocking_bird
I dislike Edexcel geography muchly. Its all too human based - even the so called physical sides are pretty much human (geo2 coasts as an example).
Geo1 seems a bit better... Doing globalisation (which is crap.) and tectonics (which is better.)

Oh no thats what i like about human stuff much easier than physical :smile:
Reply 863
Geo1 seems a bit better... Doing globalisation (which is crap.) and tectonics (which is better.)

I prefer human geography, it's easier to understand, but it's easier to get higher marks in physical geog in my opinion. Human geography is so open there's too much to say, it's not so black and white as Physical geog where once you know the facts, you know exactly what you need to write in th exam.

I hope you get what I mean, I understand what I've written's a bit of a mess :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 864
Original post by Heyimdec

Edit: why the negs? I don't understand what I've done wrong.

I'm not really sure but I +1 repped you to make up a little :smile:
Reply 865
Original post by sophiakhan
Lol i got CDEE!! what subjects in?

I got D in spaychology and fails in maths and chemistry ;( but i'm doing a2 psychology and changed math and chemistry to history and communication and culture?? what about you???
Original post by ikz94
I got D in spaychology and fails in maths and chemistry ;( but i'm doing a2 psychology and changed math and chemistry to history and communication and culture?? what about you???

I got a c in Business Studies, D in Geography and E's in Biology and Chemistry. Dropped Chemistry and resitting bio and geo lol. Doing business at Uni since im best at it.
The closer we're reachimg march 8th the more nervous im getting ahhhhh
Reply 868
What annoys me about A-levels is that its not about being good at your subject its about having a good technique.

I can't do English to save my life - thats why I din't take it as a subject. I took Psychology, Sociology and Business Studies all with AQA. Now when I took the subjects I thought I'd being doing Psychology, Sociology and Business Studies.. nope turns out we learn about these things but when it get to the exam its all about your technique!

So I am waiting on 6 results this March and hoping my technique was right this time around so I don't have to resit all over again! Actually dreading opening the results so I have asked my friend if she will do it for me - I sat Psychology A unit 1 & 3, Sociology unit 2&3 and Business unit 2&3 :smile:
So nervous!! :/
Original post by Holby_fanatic
So nervous!! :/

What year are you in? What results are you waiting for?
I can't believe it's less than 3 weeks now :s-smilie:
Original post by adamcusirinzon
What year are you in? What results are you waiting for?

I'm in year 13 and awaiting results in HB2 Biology re-sit, C2 Maths re-sit, BY4 Biology, CH4 Chemistry and G484 Physics.

How about yourself? :smile:
Dreading my chemistry unit 1 result (AQA) :frown:
Oh god the thought of these results makes me sooo nervous... I've restrained myself from thinking about them until now but I think this thread is the right place for some self indulgent PANICKING!!

I'm only waiting for Edexcel GovPol Unit1 and OCR Maths C1

I think the reason i'm so worried is that it's the first real signal of how we might perform in Alevel exams... Maybe all these dreams of Oxford are completely out of my reach!!!!!
Geo1 seems a bit better... Doing globalisation (which is crap.) and world at risk (which is better.)

You have to remember that, certainly at degree level, geography is a 'social science'. I don't think unit 2 went disastrously for me, or least I hope not, but nevertheless, it was my first AS exam, so a crushing defeat wouldn't be too motivational ahead of May.
Reply 876
Ahhh not looking forward to it, but at the same time I am?

Waiting for Economics Unit 1 results, just hoping I dont have to resit. I really don't want the pressure of another thing to revise on top of History and English, and Economics unit 1.

18ish days to go i guess :/
Original post by lmartynofficial
they do: http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin/ocr_56047_admin_unit_level_raw_mark.pdf my maths teacher said that the boundaries do not change by more than 1-3 marks each year

Oh that's for last years one. I thought you'd looked at the Jan 2012 one!
Hmmm but 3 marks is quite a big gap and you never know it could change by more.

Original post by Tullia
Exactly this. The most laid back person at my College.

But it means, for me atleast, that you aren't all over the top happy about what you get, whereas people with lesser grades are all like YAY!! Awkward :s-smilie:
The next day i have 3 lessons of chemistry and the teacher will hate me as i probs got a U. so most of the lesson i'm going to sit there listening to him going on and on about how i'm not going to get into a uni with U's. :frown:
ergh hate results day
my exam technique is terrible. and i panic so write complete crap even though i know the answer :facepalm:
Original post by Misskatie7
i panic so write complete crap even though i know the answer :facepalm:

Someone was telling me that you can get this spray (i think) that calms your nerves down and its not illegal or anything; I was literally like WTF? :biggrin:

Completely irrelevant but i thought id share :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest