The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by laurie:)
when we first stepped up from 12 markers to 24 markers, they didnt tell us how much extra we'd need to write, or how different our writing styles were, so i had to make it up as i went along.

i love psych so much, but some days it really does my head in.

and they keep going on about those stupid top marks for the A* when tbh i just want to know how to write for an A!

aha I remeber my first 24 mark essay - it was dire! got a U :tongue: I do love psychology - I'm doing it at uni (hopefully)!

Oh gosh, my teacher makes us do this thing about the pros of reductionism for an A* :s-smilie: and drives me mad doing this weird head nod whilst moving her hands in some strange way at the same time when she talks.
come to think of it my teacher has many strange habits
Original post by barzy_j
When are the boundaries being released? AQA BIOL4 and BIOL2, and OCR CHEM:F322 and CHEM:F324?

I heard last year it was the day before the results. So, I make the assumption that the grade boundaries will be released on the 7th march this time around.
I'm awaiting results for Biology, Geography and General Studies.

Last year I got B for Biology, and C for Geography. I'm only doing an AS in General Studies, and our college forced us all to do it against our will, so no one gave a toss about it. I'm still interested to see the grade I got.

I predict myself a low B in Biology and a C-D in Geography. Really need B's in both for uni :frown:
Reply 903
Original post by Jessca
aha I remeber my first 24 mark essay - it was dire! got a U :tongue: I do love psychology - I'm doing it at uni (hopefully)!

Oh gosh, my teacher makes us do this thing about the pros of reductionism for an A* :s-smilie: and drives me mad doing this weird head nod whilst moving her hands in some strange way at the same time when she talks.
come to think of it my teacher has many strange habits

if i wasnt doing medicine, i'd probs either do nursing or psychology :h:

we did PSYA4 before PSYA3 (im assuming you do AQA too) and so because we've already done research methods, we get no help in evaluating as our teachers assume we know it all already :rolleyes:

what are the pros of reductionism?

my teacher always wears nice shoes :tongue:
Reply 904
if i wasnt doing medicine, i'd probs either do nursing or psychology :h:

we did PSYA4 before PSYA3 (im assuming you do AQA too) and so because we've already done research methods, we get no help in evaluating as our teachers assume we know it all already :rolleyes:

what are the pros of reductionism?

my teacher always wears nice shoes :tongue:

ahh medicine wow! good luck :smile:
I've done PSYA3 in Jan a feeling confident about it at the moment :smile: I really like research methods strangely enough so can't wait to start that - just finished Schizophrenia! :smile:
Reductionism apparently helps research as it isolates one key variable meaning you are able to study whether the IV really impacts the DV!
Reply 905
Original post by Jessca
ahh medicine wow! good luck :smile:
I've done PSYA3 in Jan a feeling confident about it at the moment :smile: I really like research methods strangely enough so can't wait to start that - just finished Schizophrenia! :smile:
Reductionism apparently helps research as it isolates one key variable meaning you are able to study whether the IV really impacts the DV!

schizophrenia was such a good module! i miss it :tongue:
Reply 906
schizophrenia was such a good module! i miss it :tongue:

It is basically learning 6 essays and thats it - sadly I missed the past three weeks of school due to a horrible horrible illness so I missed all of it but I still managed to learn it by myself at home (apart from psychodynamic stuff which is currently confusing me)
Reply 907
Original post by Jessca
It is basically learning 6 essays and thats it - sadly I missed the past three weeks of school due to a horrible horrible illness so I missed all of it but I still managed to learn it by myself at home (apart from psychodynamic stuff which is currently confusing me)

im kinda going through your situation but with chemistry - i keep having to miss lessons for various interviews and several doctor's/hospital appointments, and so for the past few weeks ive had to teach myself chem at home :frown: if you dont mind me asking, what was up? (im just nerdily curious about illnesses, hence the medicine :tongue:)

i just love the whole treatments side of schizophrenia, all the drugs and stuff :ahee:
Original post by Heyimdec
I'm quite scared and excited at the same time. Waiting for 4 results: PSYA3, BIOL4, GEO4A and GENA1/2. Hope I did ok! :biggrin:

Edit: why the negs? I don't understand what I've done wrong.

It's weird TSR, :rolleyes: They like negging people to look like hard mans behind the computer. :tongue:

Don't worry i pos repped you, if it means so much. :redface:
Reply 909
The thing im most scares about is OCR F334 chemistry that paper was a horrible just horrible and I worked my absolute bum off for it just so nervous :/
Original post by PhysicsMan
I'm dreading results day, I'm in Year 13 (A2) and waiting for:

- OCR Maths Core 3
- OCR Maths Decision 1
- OCR Physics A- The Newtonian World
- OCR Chemistry B Salters- Chemistry of Materials

Last year I got:

- Physics AS Level: 248 UMS = A
- Chemistry AS Level: 247 UMS = A
- Maths AS Level: 232 UMS = B+

And I need 3 A's this year to get into the University of Birmingham to do Physics! I just really want to get there!

Your situation is just like mine! I do edexcel though. I really want to study Physics (...in McGill University - it's in Canada) and my grades are not the "WOW LET'S SEND HER AN ACCEPTANCE LETTER NOW" kind.
:s-smilie:

My AS level results last year:

Maths: 250 UMS = A
Chemistry: 254 = A
Physics: 236 = B

At least you've got an in Physics...I'm freaking out!

(I got 91 UMS in Unit 1 last year. I repeated it in January and it was harder because everything was wordy :frown::angry::colondollar:)
kinda wanna get it over with but kinda dnt care because can retake :smile: kinda pissed of i messed up on my chemistry exam :/ was hoping for an A but prob get a C/B so will be retaking defo

im waiting on

Chemistry unit 1 AQA
Human Biology unit 1 AQA
Psychology unit 1 AQA

human biology exam was ****ing hard aswell :O:O
Is it definitely the 8th of March?? I keep hearing and seeing 15th of March as welll.....confused!!! :confused:

Anyway, I'm waiting on an AS German resit, Business Unit 3 and PSYA4!! I think German went ok (I got a B last time, but my teacher wanted an A :P) but Business and Psych....hmmm we'll see! :s-smilie:

Good luck everyone!!! :smile:
ey guys, when you get your results back in January for A2 does it say A* if you have more than 90%...?
Waiting for Edexcel C2, C3, S1, D1 & Economics Unit 3 and AQA PSYA4
:s-smilie:
Reply 915
Starting to panic about results now.
The week of results we're finishing of our biology coursework (WJEC BY3) and we're starting mocks for it tomorrow. To say I feel sick doesn't cover it :frown:
Waiting for BIOL4, PHYS-A-4, S1 and CHEM4 :biggrin:

Scared about BIOL4, I thought that exam was dodgy compared to past papers, really want that A* :unsure:
Original post by adamcusirinzon
I'm in year 12 and i'm waiting for F321 Chemistry A (OCR) and BY1 Biology (WJEC). What grades are you hoping to get? Before the exams, I was really hoping for AA/ A-chem B-Biol. But the way they exams went i'm anticipating a B in chem and like a C or D in Biol which is incredibly disappointing. I put so much effort in, and that's not even the whole story. I'm pretty down about all of it at the moment and feel worthless with no future.

Ah right. :smile: I miss the days of BY1 on the WJEC. I just scraped an A in that exam. :biggrin:
Honestly, I think you have been a little too harsh on yourself. I came out of a maths exam honestly thinking I had a U grade but I ended up with a B! :biggrin:
I am very nervous for my chemisty exam, however, because I really want to get an A* at the end of this year.
If you put in all the effort, then you will see that you have done much better than you think.
And I definately don't think you have no future! What do you hope to study?
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Ah right. :smile: I miss the days of BY1 on the WJEC. I just scraped an A in that exam. :biggrin:
Honestly, I think you have been a little too harsh on yourself. I came out of a maths exam honestly thinking I had a U grade but I ended up with a B! :biggrin:
I am very nervous for my chemisty exam, however, because I really want to get an A* at the end of this year.
If you put in all the effort, then you will see that you have done much better than you think.
And I definately don't think you have no future! What do you hope to study?

Actually, so do I. I really miss BY1. I enjoyed the content and found it a lot more interesting than the stuff in BY2. Not to mention the amount of content in BY2 is CRAZYY! lol. It's not the full story, i'm so worried because I left St davids sixth form college in cardiff last year without sitting exams to return to my old secondary school which is closer to home. Last year I was predicted A's in chem, law and business so I really wanted to nail it this year...this is why I feel so nurvous. Well I hope you achieve everything you want, let me know what happens! And I would either love to study Pharmacy or Business Management (but I really only want to study this in Cardiff). How about you, what would you like to study?
Original post by adamcusirinzon
Actually, so do I. I really miss BY1. I enjoyed the content and found it a lot more interesting than the stuff in BY2. Not to mention the amount of content in BY2 is CRAZYY! lol. It's not the full story, i'm so worried because I left St davids sixth form college in cardiff last year without sitting exams to return to my old secondary school which is closer to home. Last year I was predicted A's in chem, law and business so I really wanted to nail it this year...this is why I feel so nurvous. Well I hope you achieve everything you want, let me know what happens! And I would either love to study Pharmacy or Business Management (but I really only want to study this in Cardiff). How about you, what would you like to study?

BY4 is very similar to BY1. The biochemistry of respiration and photosynthesis, Microbiology... I loved it!
Ah, I stayed in my sixth form at Y Pant. It was just easier and it's a really good school as well. :smile:
I'm sure you have done very well in these exams if you were predicted those grades. :biggrin:
Oh thank you, I want to study Biological and Medicinal Chemistry at York! :biggrin:
Pharmacy sounds really interesting!

Quick Reply

Latest