The Student Room Group

IMDB Top 250 films leaderboard - how many have you watched?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
meh only 70 so far.. lame for a film student pahaha!
Reply 501
Now 135/250.

Increase of 16 since 10th Dec. :smile:
Reply 502
Original post by JClive
Now 135/250.

Congrats!

I actually lost a few, must have taken some I seen off the list.

Not too shabby, surprised to see some in there, lol at how low Avatar's gone

I refuse to see the rest on the list. I can say with a decided confidence that my viewing experience won't change from seeing Ratatouille, The Princess Bride or Three Idiots.

I started following the official? list on icheckmovies.com; the IMDb Top 100. I've seen about 400 from there, and it's definitely a lifetime achievement kinda thing.
Reply 505
Original post by philistine

I refuse to see the rest on the list. I can say with a decided confidence that my viewing experience won't change from seeing Ratatouille, The Princess Bride or Three Idiots.

I started following the official? list on icheckmovies.com; the IMDb Top 100. I've seen about 400 from there, and it's definitely a lifetime achievement kinda thing.

actually, ratatouille wasnt half bad. i hate animated movies and there quite a few of them on there so i dont understand why u saw them but not rata?

or did i misunderstand and you meant you saw those 3 and they sucked?
Original post by danny111
actually, ratatouille wasnt half bad. i hate animated movies and there quite a few of them on there so i dont understand why u saw them but not rata?

or did i misunderstand and you meant you saw those 3 and they sucked?

The Ghibli films I saw knowing full well what to expect. Great films, made by a great director, with quality hand-drawn animation. The animated things checked off; well, I saw them purely by chance several years ago.

Claymation and the more recent cud which Disney and Pixar turn out is absolutely detestable.
seen 98 :smile: mid-table so not too bad
I'm going to sound like a huge loser, but I LOVE tracking my films... I haven't seen very many of them even though I watch tonnes of films (guess I must just watch bad ones)
Whenever I see one I haven't seen on TV I tape it and watch it when I can:redface: I even watched Star Trek the other day, despite having no real interest in it, because it was on the list:redface: It wasn't bad though actually, Spock was dreamy :colondollar: Can't watch too many films at the moment, too busy at college, but will spend my whole summer watching films:biggrin:

okay I can't actually work out how to get that little green widget on here (and I feel really stupid about it, okay) but I've seen 37 of them:colondollar:
Reply 514
Original post by JClive
Now 135/250.

Now 154/250

Increase of 19 in '3 weeks'. :biggrin:

Aiming for 240/250 by end of year. 250/250 is hard as films keep dropping in and out all the time.
Reply 515
Original post by JClive
Now 154/250

Increase of 19 in '3 weeks'. :biggrin:

Aiming for 240/250 by end of year. 250/250 is hard as films keep dropping in and out all the time.

My gawd. Good luck with that. There are so many on there that I really don't want to see.
Reply 516
Original post by danny111
My gawd. Good luck with that. There are so many on there that I really don't want to see.

Thanks. I may not enjoy all of them but won't know until I watch them and helps broaden your film knowledge and scope.
Seen 74 so far. Must try harder :dry:

Eeh. That's really bad. I need to watch more films :tongue:
The thing is, IMDB is not a good source for the best movies list. It is heavily biased towards Hollywood and the big budgeted, "famous" movies. There is a wealth of amazing world cinema( in which i have only dabbled tbf) that will never get a look in because the masses punch in their 10s for movies like Inception :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest