The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by rayray12310
is anyone else finding themselves annoyingly attached to this forum, it's like i have things to be doing right now, but im just checking back here constantly trying to find new information and not being very productive at all

or am i just a pathetic loser on my own with this? lol

Oh yeah defo. My finger is now attached to the F5 button and I'm screaming "REFRESH REFRESH".

Why can't I be like Peter Pan and never grow up? :frown:
Original post by Princeling
Wow, sounds great, and yes, seems on a much higher level than A-level so you should be all good. :smile: Some of my recent work can be viewed at http://princeling.tumblr.com but you have to kind of scroll through some of my other stuff, haha. It's mostly all up there at the top, though. Good luck to you too! :beer:

Some very wonderful work, I'm very sure they that you will hear positive news :smile:
Reply 682
Thank you! :tongue: Eh, well, it means that I have to re-do an actual interview with Kingston and go through the system like all you people do, haha. And then probably not get in because they know Kingston's not my first (it's my last!) choice. Then again, I'm an international student so they want my money. Which is also why I have an interview with Chelsea... an automatic one! :/ They haven't even seen my mini-portfolio. Ugh. But because they forgot about my application, they only arranged my interview for me in late April. :banghead:

April is pretty late, but don't worry about that at least they get to see your work first hand! Where my work consists of mainly moving image and sound, so those two key elements have been removed for me in the mini portfolio:s
I am sure they have a certain number of international student places, maybe they are all later on? But thanks, that puts my mind at ease.. there is still hope of an interview offer!
For those who enquired about my application to Slade, I did receive an interview.
Oh, and to the person who asked, they notify you by email.
Original post by kaylafrances
out of alllll the portfolios i've lately i think i like yours the most :smile:

Awfully lovely thing to say, Thank you.
I'm pretty envious of alot of people's work I've seen over the past couple of hours. It's making me doubt myself haha
Original post by Farout
April is pretty late, but don't worry about that at least they get to see your work first hand! Where my work consists of mainly moving image and sound, so those two key elements have been removed for me in the mini portfolio:s
I am sure they have a certain number of international student places, maybe they are all later on? But thanks, that puts my mind at ease.. there is still hope of an interview offer!

I do a lot of moving image work too. ;__; And why is Chelsea so outdated in that they get you to send the A4 images by hard copy? Do like Goldsmiths does already.

And the funny thing is, as my tutor keeps obnoxiously mentioning, is that while there apparently IS a set quota cap for home students, there isn't a cap for international students... which means they can take as many of us as they like. That makes me feel like I'd only get in because I'm an international student though. :confused: And yes, don't worry! It's not too late yet. Let's hope for Monday.

Original post by hardlifeartstudent
Some very wonderful work, I'm very sure they that you will hear positive news :smile:

Aww, thank you! Could I ask what your overall artistic practice focuses on?

And for anyone who's lurking and hasn't posted their portfolio here yet, you should! It's not like anyone can steal your ideas and it'd be nice to share - we ARE aspiring artists, after all, so you should enjoy the extra audience. :tongue:
Reply 687
I do a lot of moving image work too. ;__; And why is Chelsea so outdated in that they get you to send the A4 images by hard copy? Do like Goldsmiths does already.

And the funny thing is, as my tutor keeps obnoxiously mentioning, is that while there apparently IS a set quota cap for home students, there isn't a cap for international students... which means they can take as many of us as they like. That makes me feel like I'd only get in because I'm an international student though. :confused: And yes, don't worry! It's not too late yet. Let's hope for Monday.

And for anyone who's lurking and hasn't posted their portfolio here yet, you should! It's not like anyone can steal your ideas and it'd be nice to share - we ARE aspiring artists, after all, so you should enjoy the extra audience. :tongue:

I didn't no that, that seems unfair, can that really be true? And your right, application system does need updating! Even better, do what the Slade does! See the portfolio first! The only reason I can think of as why they request images is to see how well we document are work?

I posted my webpage on a previous post, but it isn't mobile optimised (only works on flash) mobile version is in progression.. Check it out if you can..

http://www.emilyfarbrother.com
Reply 688
Anyone else had an interview at Camberwell and been offered a place??
Reply 689

http://joel-chan.tumblr.com . If you comment, I'd rather you be really harsh. Criticism is most welcome. I haven't uploads for about a month so its not up to date but some of the things were in my portfolio for the Slade. I'm not sure whether im a painter/sculpture/installation person because i create big 3D paintings. Different tutors call it different things. Sorry that some picture are really small too Mea Culpa.
Original post by Farout
I didn't no that, that seems unfair, can that really be true? And your right, application system does need updating! Even better, do what the Slade does! See the portfolio first! The only reason I can think of as why they request images is to see how well we document are work?

I posted my webpage on a previous post, but it isn't mobile optimised (only works on flash) mobile version is in progression.. Check it out if you can..

http://www.emilyfarbrother.com

Yeah, well, apparently this is so. :/ I don't think it's fair either.

And I'm not on my mobile, I'm on safari... but I can't see the website either. o: Does it only work with a specific browser?
Original post by joelchan
http://joel-chan.tumblr.com . If you comment, I'd rather you be really harsh. Criticism is most welcome. I haven't uploads for about a month so its not up to date but some of the things were in my portfolio for the Slade. I'm not sure whether im a painter/sculpture/installation person because i create big 3D paintings. Different tutors call it different things. Sorry that some picture are really small too Mea Culpa.

Oh, you've changed your layout? :tongue: I'm following you already, but there's a lot of stuff there I haven't seen before. Some of your paintings are quite interesting, others not so much IMO, especially the flower related ones, which seem pretty A-levely. Some of your photography is beautiful, but I'd be wary about the whole face under water thing, because you're the third person I've seen to use that concept, haha. I also prefer your more make-y 3D works, but your 3D paintings are intriguing too - the way you combine the mediums is good, bit like Anselm Kiefer's works.

Apologies if you've said so before, but have you heard from Slade?
Reply 692
Yeah, well, apparently this is so. :/ I don't think it's fair either.

And I'm not on my mobile, I'm on safari... but I can't see the website either. o: Does it only work with a specific browser?

Weird.. I am on safari... The only thing I can think of is if your network is slow, or you haven't got an updated version of flash?
Reply 693
Original post by Farout
Weird.. I am on safari... The only thing I can think of is if your network is slow, or you haven't got an updated version of flash?

I'm on chrome, and i've just downloaded the newest flash to see it, but it still doesnt work...
Reply 694
I'm on chrome, and i've just downloaded the newest flash to see it, but it still doesnt work...

Apparently 'this problem can occur when Safari is configured to not accept cookies - we need to set a few for login sessions, and other things.

This can happen in any browser, but does seem to be a little more prevalent in Safari - allowing cookies solves it, but we are looking into have some sort of explanation displayed when a visitor encounters the problem.'

Hope that helps, if not, then maybe no one on here is meant to view it lol
Reply 695
Oh, you've changed your layout? :tongue: I'm following you already, but there's a lot of stuff there I haven't seen before. Some of your paintings are quite interesting, others not so much IMO, especially the flower related ones, which seem pretty A-levely. Some of your photography is beautiful, but I'd be wary about the whole face under water thing, because you're the third person I've seen to use that concept, haha. I also prefer your more make-y 3D works, but your 3D paintings are intriguing too - the way you combine the mediums is good, bit like Anselm Kiefer's works.

Apologies if you've said so before, but have you heard from Slade?

No I haven't yet hahah. Hoping I will tomorrow. :/ and yeah the flower on was from GCSE, I sold that now though. And the underwater stuff I abandoned a few months back after noticing it on other peoples aswell :P I don't really do portraiture at all anymore. More abstract stuff now. All the portraits are from AS so they're quite A Levely. And I'd forgotten about photography on there :P thanks and btw I think your really cool.
No I haven't yet hahah. Hoping I will tomorrow. :/ and yeah the flower on was from GCSE, I sold that now though. And the underwater stuff I abandoned a few months back after noticing it on other peoples aswell :P I don't really do portraiture at all anymore. More abstract stuff now. All the portraits are from AS so they're quite A Levely. And I'd forgotten about photography on there :P thanks and btw I think your really cool.

Good stuff. :beard: And lmao thank you, but why am I cool? :colondollar:

Original post by Farout
Apparently 'this problem can occur when Safari is configured to not accept cookies - we need to set a few for login sessions, and other things.

This can happen in any browser, but does seem to be a little more prevalent in Safari - allowing cookies solves it, but we are looking into have some sort of explanation displayed when a visitor encounters the problem.'

Hope that helps, if not, then maybe no one on here is meant to view it lol

Oh! Actually, I've viewed your website before. But it doesn't work anymore, suddenly. But it does with Firefox. LOL at the toilet flushing sound, excellent. I find your work intriguing, especially the films. I've always loved film work and new media, so when I have a bit more time I'm definitely going to watch through them in depth.
Reply 697
Good stuff. :beard: And lmao thank you, but why am I cool? :colondollar:

Erm, I dont know actually hahah, Just the way you talk about stuff and use IMO, which i'll be honest I had to google to find the meaning of. And your tumblr homepage photo is full of Swag. :rolleyes:
loooool bumbum licky
mmm, i guess its only fair that i post my stuff too, though its only my photography i have anywhere online-but tht is like 70% of my portfolio so yeah, wish id captioned stuff cos it might just seem a lot random without knowing the different concepts, but im going to stop rambling now and try to get something other than tears from criticisms lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/camaraphoto/sets/
oh and one or two things are for work and not "fine art" if you were thinking they were kinda commercial-esque

Quick Reply

Latest