The Student Room Group

Uni. of Leeds Dental Applicants 2012 (Interviews, Offers and Rejections Discussion)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by holahola
How many people do they interview ?

400. it can vary but they tend to base it around the number of applicants from the previous year.
Reply 61
How many people do they interview ?

I asked the lady and she said roughly 360.

They give out 120 to 160 offers.

-120 offers - 1 in 3 people get an offer

-160 offers - still under a half people get an offer

Either way - very competitive! And they don't want what happened last year again...where a lot of people put them as firm. And they ended up with more students than places available. Therefore I think they'll be gearing more towards giving approx 120 offers.

:headhurts:
Original post by Tariq786
I asked the lady and she said roughly 360.

They give out 120 to 160 offers.

-120 offers - 1 in 3 people get an offer

-160 offers - still under a half people get an offer

Either way - very competitive! And they don't want what happened last year again...where a lot of people put them as firm. And they ended up with more students than places available. Therefore I think they'll be gearing more towards giving approx 120 offers.

:headhurts:

Cheers for the info..
1 in 3 isn't too horrific .. I guess :/
Reply 63
When do we hear the outcome of our interviews
Reply 64
Original post by Bright.Inspiration.
Cheers for the info..
1 in 3 isn't too horrific .. I guess :/

It is :s-smilie:
Reply 65
When do we hear the outcome of our interviews

Within 6 weeks.
Reply 66
Original post by barzy_j
pretty scared about this, but so desperate to go to Leeds

The wait is horrible pal...
Reply 67
Original post by barzy_j
so HORRID, give me light Leeds!

Just calculated....approx 31 days to go!
Reply 68
Original post by barzy_j
Do you know what, that seems quite long. When we were in the holidays we were counting down to results day and that took some time, but because we'll be in college for this 24 days or what not, it's going to go REAL FAST. HOPE WE GET IN QUEENBEE

Pal! Im a re-app, not at college anymore.....god, how lucky am i? Actually, tbf Id rather be waiting the rest of my life than a rejection, I wanna go so bad! xx
Reply 69
Original post by *QueenBeee
Just calculated....approx 31 days to go!

Did you ask them when we would here?
Reply 70

Hey pal! No, just going by what happened last year...most people found out 11th-15th march! Have u had your interview at leeeds?xx

Hey pal! No, just going by what happened last year...most people found out 11th-15th march! Have u had your interview at leeeds?xx

Yeah at the end of my interview they said to me that they give out offers after all interviews are done... So march I guess.

EDIT: dont neg me for simply giving information you douche!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 72

Yeah I did! You? I loved it so much xx
Reply 73
Original post by barzy_j
What did you love about it? :s-smilie:

The city, the people there and how new everything is. Ahhhhhh want to know how I've done !
Reply 74
Hey!

Do you think they'll give out all rejections and offers out on the same day the way they did the interview invites? getting really nervous waiting! Is it everyones first choice aswell?x
Original post by Vic.Louise
Hey!

Do you think they'll give out all rejections and offers out on the same day the way they did the interview invites? getting really nervous waiting! Is it everyones first choice aswell?x

I think they probably will! I know what you man, waiting is driving me insane, but I guess I understand because now they need to start comparing everyone :/ And I think it is most people's first choice from what I've heard.
Reply 76
Original post by Vic.Louise
Hey!

Immediately after you leave the room following your interview, the members on the panel will assess your performance and give you a ranking of either:

Poor

Borderline

Good

Outstanding

Outstanding = definite offer
Poor = definite rejection

If 120 offers are available (random example) and 85 (out of the 400 who get interviewed) get outstanding for their performance, they probably then fill up the remaining 35 offers by moving to those who scored good etc.

Leeds usually respond with a reply post-interview once all interviews have been completed.
Reply 77
Original post by Circular
Immediately after you leave the room following your interview, the members on the panel will assess your performance and give you a ranking of either:

Poor

Borderline

Good

Outstanding

If 120 offers are available (random example) and 85 (out of the 400 who get interviewed) get outstanding for their performance, they probably then fill up the remaining 35 offers by moving to those who scored good etc.

Leeds usually respond with a reply post-interview once all interviews have been completed.

Thanks for that!
Do u know when all interviews are finished?? xx
Original post by Circular

Poor

Borderline

Good

Outstanding

Good info there, thank you :smile:
But now I can't stop wondering which category they fit me into...
Reply 79
Original post by barzy_j
if 85 get 'outstanding', how many will get Good? (100- 120?) how do they get 35 from those?

Rank the good ones?? I think thats what they do. For Newcastle they rank all the pooled applicants and select those from the pooled to make up the sufficient numbers of offers made :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest