The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Thanks, might take a flask of tea with me tomorrow as well as some water. I might look slightly strange, but I'm sure I do anyway so....:tongue:
Would be great if we could just switch it off and stop worrying all the time wouldn't it. :daydreaming:
It's going ok, looked up a few things I didn't know how to do and just reading a book I got for the hard module, taking it easy. :tea:

Hope your day picks up! I would be excited too, it can't be helped! :tongue:
Hope you have a lovely visit and the results come back fine. :hugs:

Spoiler

I can imagine quite a few people taking flasks, doubt you'll look weird.
If only! I've been thinking about all the 'bad' things I've ever done today, no doubt I'll punish myself for it later.
Good stuff! :jumphug:

Thanks, we're leaving for the hospital in a few minutes.

Spoiler

Left my bank and student card in my girlfriend's purse.

Have no money in Nottingham :frown: Wallowing in self pity right now.
Reply 2962
Hi everyone :smile:

First day back at school. Went pretty good.

Went out to get a new school bag. The one I was looking for was £35! Didn't buy it in the end (the price scared me :colondollar:). Might buy it tomorrow if I have time.

Original post by angelbones

Spoiler

Just got my nipple pierced, YAY! Turning self-mutilation urges into body-mod, YAY!

How is everyone today? :smile:

:biggrin: Hope it don't hurt too much :biggrin:
Hey guys, I guess I'd like some advice or something along those lines...

I'm 17 and just so lost... I'm doing A Levels at college and have made no friends, everyone is with people from their secondary schools and have already made groups, and I'd just feel like I'm intruding, I don't even have the confidence to talk to people. I have a stutter and it has impacted my life so much, I've tried therapy but it was useless...
I have the least amount of self esteem on this planet (Maybe over exaggerating :biggrin:), I always tell myself I'm unattractive and not good enough for anyone. I always try to avoid mirrors and photos, or just anything that would reflect my appearance. I have the weirdest head/ face shape ever, adding up all my physical flaws...Just saddens and depresses me. I've been called attractive by a few people, but I always just brush it off and tell myself "Yea Right!". I'm bored, lonely, sick and just unhappy with my life. What's the point in living it? (I'm not suicidal) I'm just so fed up and want to enjoy my life again but don't know how :frown:
Reply 2964
Really glad you're feeling a bit back on track :smile: :hugs:

Played with my friend's 5 year old in the park this afternoon and felt somewhere close to normal :smile:
Feeling isolated but not keen on being around people due to gossiping going on. Anyone else get this?
Heys guys, I was discharged from hospital yesterday, but i'm really struggling with the transition. Feeling like I am going insane .I think my nerves are misfiring for whatever reason. I feel like I have bugs crawling all over me, but there is nothing. It doesn't matter where I am tonight or what I am wearing I can't stop but feel the sensation of movement on my body. I just had a shower and the same thing happened so I am not sure what to do. I've been having a lot of nightmares and flashbacks perhaps this is connected? There are people in mirrors laughing at me and running away. There are ants crawling everywhere, all over me and all my things. There are people talk about me but I can't find them.

please help
Reply 2967
Original post by 35mm_
Heys guys, I was discharged from hospital yesterday, but i'm really struggling with the transition. Feeling like I am going insane .I think my nerves are misfiring for whatever reason. I feel like I have bugs crawling all over me, but there is nothing. It doesn't matter where I am tonight or what I am wearing I can't stop but feel the sensation of movement on my body. I just had a shower and the same thing happened so I am not sure what to do. I've been having a lot of nightmares and flashbacks perhaps this is connected? There are people in mirrors laughing at me and running away. There are ants crawling everywhere, all over me and all my things. There are people talk about me but I can't find them.

please help

They didn't just discharge you with no support? Do you have anyone you can call? Any meds to be able to calm you down a bit?
Original post by Idle
They didn't just discharge you with no support? Do you have anyone you can call? Any meds to be able to calm you down a bit?

I feel like I have no support. I have a weekly appointment with my psychiatrist and a contact number for my CPN, but that's it. And I only have my regular meds; olanzapine and sertraline. I feel so strange.
Reply 2969
Original post by 35mm_
I feel like I have no support. I have a weekly appointment with my psychiatrist and a contact number for my CPN, but that's it. And I only have my regular meds; olanzapine and sertraline. I feel so strange.

No Crisis Team number? You can still call them even if you are not under them, if you need help finding the number I will help
Original post by Idle
No Crisis Team number? You can still call them even if you are not under them, if you need help finding the number I will help

My CPN is refusing to put me under home treament/Crisis team. I begged her today to refer me to them but she's just not listening.
I set the fire alarm off while everybody else was out shopping. Feeling extra stupid now :frown: I don't know if I can face walking onto campus tomorrow. I'm so scared that I'll make a tit of myself and just fail miserably at something. Don't want to go. Want to stay home where it is safe.
Reply 2972
Just fought off my second hospitalisation in as many months. I've got the night to improve, then being seen tomorrow. :frown:

Why isn't there a nicer version of hospital as an option?

I've banned myself from listening to my usual depressing music. Tinie Tempah is currently keeping me company :facepalm2:.
Reply 2973
Original post by 35mm_
My CPN is refusing to put me under home treament/Crisis team. I begged her today to refer me to them but she's just not listening.

Did she explain her reasoning?
Original post by Idle
Did she explain her reasoning?

She said she wants me to have minimal contact with the mental health services. Which is ridiculous seeing as now is the time where i need the most support.

Shadows are following me everywhere. There are people in the shadows and they're coming for me.
Reply 2975
Original post by 35mm_
She said she wants me to have minimal contact with the mental health services. Which is ridiculous seeing as now is the time where i need the most support.

Shadows are following me everywhere. There are people in the shadows and they're coming for me.

Well **** her, the crisis team can over rule a CPN, do you have there number? Call them and explain.
Original post by Nut.
Just fought off my second hospitalisation in as many months. I've got the night to improve, then being seen tomorrow. :frown:

Why isn't there a nicer version of hospital as an option?

I've banned myself from listening to my usual depressing music. Tinie Tempah is currently keeping me company :facepalm2:.

There is dependent on where you live. Try looking up local crisis houses, they've been a god send for me and have allowed me to avoid hospital :smile:
Original post by Idle
Well **** her, the crisis team can over rule a CPN, do you have there number? Call them and explain.

I called them earlier and they said they couldn't really speak to me because i'm not listed as being under their care. For **** sake, i'm struggling so much and there's near enough no support.
Original post by Noodlzzz
There is dependent on where you live. Try looking up local crisis houses, they've been a god send for me and have allowed me to avoid hospital :smile:

How'd you manage to get into a crisis house?
Reply 2979
Original post by 35mm_
I called them earlier and they said they couldn't really speak to me because i'm not listed as being under their care. For **** sake, i'm struggling so much and there's near enough no support.

I'm pretty sure if you go to A&E you would end up being seen by them, is that a possibility? :hugs: