The Student Room Group

Unpopular Music Opinions

Scroll to see replies

no-one likes high school musical and i feel that is a bit harsh cause they just try and make a living. lol i still enjoy singing along, i think everyone has tho's mo's when you just get so excited you want to burst out in singing or is that just me lol :cool::rolleyes::o:):biggrin:
- Apart from Climbing Up the Walls, Let Down and Fitter Happier Ok Computer doesn't do anything for me. the Bends is a much stronger album
- You and Whose Army is Radiohead's best song.
- Geogaddi is better than MHTRTC (Boards of Canada)
- Crooked Rain is Pavement's worst album
- I prefer Closer to Unknown Pleasures
- I prefer Can's earlier rock stuff to Tago Mago and what followed
- Don, Aman is the worst song on Spiderland?
- I used to prefer Adventure to Marquee Moon but I guess I was trying too hard :redface:

there's probably tons more but i can't think of any
Reply 82
Dubstep is dead. Nowadays what everyone calls dubstep is either brostep for youtube views which has nothing to do with the genres roots or culture or some sort of pretentious sound scape that just so happens to be at 140bpm.

Hip Hop is socially and culturally the best genre of music the human race has ever produced and ever will.

Pop music has always been **** due to the fact that everything popular has always been **** or at least slightly **** and anything that is popular and good is just called good.

The internet is killing music and all music should be banned from it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 83
Aww danadd9 where's that post gone? I agree with your first point. :biggrin:
Pitbull is a useless piece of **** and his voice makes me want to bury my head in a black hole.
Original post by EggmanD
Dubstep is dead. Nowadays what everyone calls dubstep is either brostep for youtube views which has nothing to do with the genres roots or culture or some sort of pretentious sound scape that just so happens to be at 140bpm.

Hip Hop is socially and culturally the best genre of music the human race has ever produced and ever will.

Pop music has always been **** due to the fact that everything popular has always been **** or at least slightly **** and anything that is popular and good is just called good.

The internet is killing music and all music should be banned from it.

agree

agree

disagree

strongly disagree
Original post by The_master616
Most heavy metal music is overrated and the majority of it's fans are stupid, close minded barely literate hypocritical morons who are unable to think for themselves and are often worse than whatever they are trying to 'rebel' against.

The only part I agree with this is about them being 'close minded', in the sense that many do seem to refuse to listen to anything other than metal. But I've been to plenty of gigs and festivals, had chats with many fans of metal, and I've found that most are actually pretty intellectual with decent jobs (aside from those still in school/uni etc, obviously). I'm not saying they're ALL smart, and certainly not like someone who listens to Bach probably is, but they're a hell of a lot smarter than your average JLS fan.
Original post by 'Shadowplay'
- Apart from Climbing Up the Walls, Let Down and Fitter Happier Ok Computer doesn't do anything for me. the Bends is a much stronger album
- You and Whose Army is Radiohead's best song.

- Geogaddi is better than MHTRTC (Boards of Canada)
- Crooked Rain is Pavement's worst album
- I prefer Closer to Unknown Pleasures
- I prefer Can's earlier rock stuff to Tago Mago and what followed
- Don, Aman is the worst song on Spiderland?
- I used to prefer Adventure to Marquee Moon but I guess I was trying too hard :redface:

there's probably tons more but i can't think of any

Blasphemy! I love The Bends, but no album will ever touch OK Computer for me :tongue: Funnily enough, the songs you mention are my least favourite on the album. Paranoid Android (My favourite), Exit Music and Karma Police are just such beautiful songs.

I've only recently started listening to Crooked Rain as well, so far it doesn't touch Slanted And Enchanted.

Some of my own, possibly, unpopular opinions:
Justin Vernon (Bon Iver) is a good songwriter but has such an irritating voice.
All 'light rock' (Snow Patrol, The Script, etc) is complete and utter ****.
Kanye West is a great artist.
Arcade fire, though good, are overrated (particularly their first two albums).
Hip Hop is a fantastic genre once you get past the mainstream crap.
Original post by Rock_and_roll

Kanye West is a great artist..

That's a pretty popular opinion tbh
Original post by Arturo Bandini
That's a pretty popular opinion tbh

To the people that actually listen to him. Many people just assume he's just another arrogant (which he is I guess), crappy mainstream rapper.
I like Justin Bieber. I prefer his Album songs to his actual chart singles though.. e.g None of you will have heard "Overboard" which I prefer to .. lets say "Baby".

I love his Cnristmas Album.

This March his new singles and Album is being released, I feel like he's finally heading in the right direction instead of his label pushing him to sing about love etc.

Each to their own.
Reply 91
Girls Aloud should be back together.
Reply 92
Original post by RedDevilThing
This thread is titled "Unpopular Music Opinions", so I posted my opinion that dubstep is absolutely awful. This is in the same way that is your opinion that the album you mentioned is one of the best albums of the last decade.

I'm not judging people because they listen to a certain type of music, like you seem to be. I'm just expressing the fact that I loathe listening to dubstep.

It's narrow minded to dismiss a whole genre so flippantly, you don't have to be a fan to appreciate something. Burial is far more talented than muse, I've probably see them more times than you fwiw.
Reply 93
David Guetta is underrated.
Reply 94
I like Korean music .-.
Reply 95
Original post by taeace
I like Korean music .-.

can you recommend a song we should listen to?
Reply 96
In Rainbows is the best Radiohead album.
Reply 97
Original post by Betacra
Aww danadd9 where's that post gone? I agree with your first point. :biggrin:

Which one? I'm bipolar with my posts and tend to delete most of them after a few minutes. :tongue:
Reply 98
I found Duffy's voice incredibly annoying.
Reply 99
Original post by danadd9
Which one? I'm bipolar with my posts and tend to delete most of them after a few minutes. :tongue:

NMH one. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest