The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Has anyone had any problems with having an upgraded cd player?
Reply 401
Anyone know if it's free to have a windscreen crack fixed with this insurance?

Like someone said with auto-glass repair if you go through insurance it's free and won't affect your NCB.
Has anyone else had a low score such as 3 for 'cornering too fast' every time they go on the motorway?
You'd think they'd have common sense as its obvious that you need to change lanes while youre at high speed
Original post by Yawn11
Anyone know if it's free to have a windscreen crack fixed with this insurance?

Like someone said with auto-glass repair if you go through insurance it's free and won't affect your NCB.

Hi, the day when you got the box fitted did the person fitting the box take your documents ( like your and the named drivers license counterparts/s) away with him or did he just look at them there and then and hand them back to you right away?

Original post by bennybanks
Has anyone else had a low score such as 3 for 'cornering too fast' every time they go on the motorway?
You'd think they'd have common sense as its obvious that you need to change lanes while youre at high speed

Hi, the day when you got the box fitted did the person fitting the box take your documents ( like your and the named drivers license counterparts/s) away with him or did he just look at them there and then and hand them back to you right away?
Reply 404
Original post by Yawn11
Anyone know if it's free to have a windscreen crack fixed with this insurance? Like someone said with auto-glass repair if you go through insurance it's free and won't affect your NCB.

I'm 99% sure it's free and doesn't affect NCB. I had mine replaced for free with them, no effect on my NCB, so should be fine. There's a section on windscreens in the sample policy documents on their website, it'll tell you there :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 405
Original post by bennybanks

All the time! Especially when it's one of the long twisty on ramps. That's something with this policy, there's no context to the scores :/ I always seem to get reeeeally bad acceleration/braking scores though, like 3 every day!
Original post by :-O!
I'm 99% sure it's free and doesn't affect NCB. I had mine replaced for free with them, no effect on my NCB, so should be fine. There's a section on windscreens in the sample policy documents on their website, it'll tell you there :smile:

I think you were supposed to quote Yawn 11 mate, whT HAPPENED THE DAY YOUR BOX WAS FITTEE, FETTING MINE SOON
Reply 407
Original post by Benj92
Has anyone had any problems with having an upgraded cd player?

Yeah man, car was a write off and the third party's insurance suggested I take the (better) CD90 head unit with me to my new corsa. Coop said this would be a modification if I put it in the car and they wouldn't insure me!
Reply 408
Original post by Qualified lawyer
I think you were supposed to quote Yawn 11 mate, whT HAPPENED THE DAY YOUR BOX WAS FITTEE, FETTING MINE SOON

Cheers man! They just come along, take a pic of all your documents, check the car and take a photo of it too and then fit the box. Takes about half an hour in total.
Cheers man! They just come along, take a pic of all your documents, check the car and take a photo of it too and then fit the box. Takes about half an hour in total.

Thank you, I'm paying for insurance tomorrow, box will be fitted in over 2 weeks, I am going for the longest slot so I can drive for longer without restrictions.

I wanted to know really that when the box fitter came out that he doesn't take away all the documents such as the licenses belonging to the main and named , so he just takes a photo and that's it??

My neighbor who lives 3 doors away is a named on mine, he has give me his details but I will need to get his paper counterpart from him the day before the box fitting so I'll have to go around and tell him tomorrow the date the box is fitted.
Reply 410
Thank you, I'm paying for insurance tomorrow, box will be fitted in over 2 weeks, I am going for the longest slot so I can drive for longer without restrictions.

I wanted to know really that when the box fitter came out that he doesn't take away all the documents such as the licenses belonging to the main and named , so he just takes a photo and that's it??

My neighbor who lives 3 doors away is a named on mine, he has give me his details but I will need to get his paper counterpart from him the day before the box fitting so I'll have to go around and tell him tomorrow the date the box is fitted.

They definitely don't take them away mate, just need photos!
They definitely don't take them away mate, just need photos!

Thank you loads!!!

Anyway I'm the main and my miles are set at 2000 - 3000 but I added my neighbor as a named his miles at 8000 -10,000 miles but he will never drive. will that be okay?
Reply 412
Thank you loads!!!

Anyway I'm the main and my miles are set at 2000 - 3000 but I added my neighbor as a named his miles at 8000 -10,000 miles but he will never drive. will that be okay?

They don't track mileage at all. It'd be risky if they could prove that he never drives, but the odds of that are extremely slim! I do the same, so I wouldn't worry about it.
They don't track mileage at all. It'd be risky if they could prove that he never drives, but the odds of that are extremely slim! I do the same, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Well the problem is that because he has been good enough to let me add him and also he is rather old, I wouldn't want him to lie for me so I'd put my hands up right away and admit it if it came to it,
Who have you added onto your as a named? I mean adding a parent would be better because they'd happily lie for you but not so easy with a good old friend
Reply 414
Well the problem is that because he has been good enough to let me add him and also he is rather old, I wouldn't want him to lie for me so I'd put my hands up right away and admit it if it came to it,
Who have you added onto your as a named? I mean adding a parent would be better because they'd happily lie for you but not so easy with a good old friend

Yeah it was my parent, but it never really comes to that. I've never had any problems and I'm 5 months in with 2 claims (both non-fault!)
Yeah it was my parent, but it never really comes to that. I've never had any problems and I'm 5 months in with 2 claims (both non-fault!)

So didn't they even question if the named had ever drove?

Also when you bought your insurance online after paying is there a certificate to print off because I'll need it with me tomos when I'm driving around in case it doesn't show up on the database for a few days as being insured.?
Reply 416
So didn't they even question if the named had ever drove?

Also when you bought your insurance online after paying is there a certificate to print off because I'll need it with me tomos when I'm driving around in case it doesn't show up on the database for a few days as being insured.?

They did, because they need the driving licence of the named drivers when they fitted the box to take a photo of.

You're given immediate access to the driving dashboard which has a certificate in it under the documents tab.
They did, because they need the driving licence of the named drivers when they fitted the box to take a photo of.

You're given immediate access to the driving dashboard which has a certificate in it under the documents tab.

No I mean after you have the crash did they start to question if the named drivers on your policy have ever drove or did they just pay out without any questions?

And once I buy online will I be able to print off the insurance certificate from under the online dashboard application? thank s
Reply 418
No I mean after you have the crash did they start to question if the named drivers on your policy have ever drove or did they just pay out without any questions?

And once I buy online will I be able to print off the insurance certificate from under the online dashboard application? thank s

Just paid. And they do drive the car, just probably not as much as we thought when we applied for the insurance, and not as much as they're down to do. When I asked the coop when signing up, all they said to do was put down your best guess as they don't track mileage, so that's what I did.

And yeah :smile:
Just paid. And they do drive the car, just probably not as much as we thought when we applied for the insurance, and not as much as they're down to do. When I asked the coop when signing up, all they said to do was put down your best guess as they don't track mileage, so that's what I did.

And yeah :smile:

thanks pal, you been a great help, I'd love TSR to have more people like you to help others instead of people who abuse and troll

Latest