The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings college nurses and midwives 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Has anyone else been offered a place for Children's nursing at King's? There seems to be a few midwives on here :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 41
Original post by lillai23
Has anyone else been offered a place for Children's nursing at King's? There seems to be a few midwives on here :smile:

yes i've been offered a place for children's nursing :smile:
Hello, I've got a conditional for adult nursing and want to find out about accommodation and get excited but I've just deleted my facebook so cannee get onto the page! Can't be bothered to make a new one!! help me girlies xx
Reply 43
I've got an interview on the 21st March, so nervous! Anyone tell me what to expect? I was also wondering what you all wore on the day, don't want to be too casual or too smart, arghh the decisions!!
ha ha, I just wore small heels, chinos and a blouse! What have you applied for? If it's a group discussion they ask your opinion on different topics in a group of about 6, it's fine. Get your point across, listen and let other people speak. When I went they made it clear it was promising to get to a selection day type thing. Hope that helps. I'm stalking this to find out about accommodation, so I'm here all night if you have any questions:smile:
Reply 45
Hi guys, i am soo glad i found this page. just been offered a place to study adult nursing starting in september. i think kings is going to be my firm choice but just have to think about finances and accomodation. It would be lovely to hear where some of you guys are thinking of living of you are thinking of kings accomodation :smile: also if anyone has an interview coming up i would be happy to tell you about what it is like :smile:
I'm trying to get my head round it all but there's so much to do and it's so confusing!!!! I keep trying to do student finance but give up half way through! I first looked at the more expensive ones the 2 apartments, but I've heard the stamford street apartments aren't that social!! I don't knoowwww! Wolson house sounds good but it's a shared bathroom. So much to think about!
Reply 47
I agree about the finances being confusing. i was looking at great dover street apartments as it is really central although quite expecnsive. hampstead residence looks really good too but soo far out. I'm hoping that i will come up with a decsision soon :smile:
Reply 48
Hellooo

I'm aware that there is a Facebook page already set up for Midwives starting at King's in September but I was wondering if anyone knows of a Facebook page for us Nurses starting in September too? If not I was gonna set one up!? Think it's worth it? Can talk about accommodation etc....:smile:

xxx
Reply 49
that sounds like a good idea. Go for it!!! :smile:
Hello all,

I have an interview with Kings soon for adult nursing, i am desperate to get in, but i just want to know what sort of questions are on the maths test, could anyone pls just help me!! plssssssss
Reply 51
Hi everyone, I've been asked to attend a selection day for the PgDip Adult Nursing next week on the 14th! I feel much better after reading everyone's experience of the day and advice! I attended the open day yesterday and everyone was so nice and accommodating. I'd really like a little more info on the questions they ask in the group discussion as well if anyone can help. :smile:
Reply 52
Hellooo

Well I'm gonna set up a Facebook page then, for everyone not just offer holders that would be mean(!) if you just wanna private message me your names and I will add you to the group...hopefully many more people will be added soon, as I'm sure everyone will be great in their upcoming selection days :smile:

xxx
Reply 53
HELP! PLEASE!

I have been invited to an interview on the 18th of April however already confirmed to attend an interview at Buckinghamshire New University on the same day! Kings is my first choice and I know I'm really lucky to have been invited as I was the only one so far from my class to be invited so far. Thus leading onto my next point as competition is so fierce i dont want to risk bucks for kings as i feel there is less competition for bucke than kings. So ??? is it worth requesting an alternative date or just attend kings and decline invitation from bucks? Just worried there will not be any alternative dates for kings? Thanks
Reply 54
Original post by doubleAA
HELP! PLEASE!

I have been invited to an interview on the 18th of April however already confirmed to attend an interview at Buckinghamshire New University on the same day! Kings is my first choice and I know I'm really lucky to have been invited as I was the only one so far from my class to be invited so far. Thus leading onto my next point as competition is so fierce i dont want to risk bucks for kings as i feel there is less competition for bucke than kings. So ??? is it worth requesting an alternative date or just attend kings and decline invitation from bucks? Just worried there will not be any alternative dates for kings? Thanks

I would request an alternative date with Bucks and go to the King's interview on the 18th. They understand that there may be some date clashes, just be honest and say you have another interview that day and would it be possible to change to another day. So,yeah, go for both! Good luck!

@ ascarter1 - congratulations! Hope to see you in September then :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by lillai23
I would request an alternative date with Bucks and go to the King's interview on the 18th. They understand that there may be some date clashes, just be honest and say you have another interview that day and would it be possible to change to another day. So,yeah, go for both! Good luck!

@ ascarter1 - congratulations! Hope to see you in September then :smile:

Thanks. I've already requested an alternative date but got the general email back saying that they were going to do their best to reschedule. I'm gonna call up kings on Monday still just to get an understanding if it's realistic I'll be offered an alternative date I know there's a selection day on the 21st of March going to see if I can get a place onto that. If not then definately will reschedule bucks as king's is more important just concerned its going to look bad on my part rescheduling after I confirmed and I don't know whether I should say its because I have an interview elsewhere as it may look like I'm not interested in bucks which isn't the case. Anywho I'll find out on Monday.

Thanks
Reply 56
Thanks. I've already requested an alternative date but got the general email back saying that they were going to do their best to reschedule. I'm gonna call up kings on Monday still just to get an understanding if it's realistic I'll be offered an alternative date I know there's a selection day on the 21st of March going to see if I can get a place onto that. If not then definately will reschedule bucks as king's is more important just concerned its going to look bad on my part rescheduling after I confirmed and I don't know whether I should say its because I have an interview elsewhere as it may look like I'm not interested in bucks which isn't the case. Anywho I'll find out on Monday.

Thanks

oooo if you can get the 21st thats when I'm going! Might've been said early but what field are you applying for? x
Reply 57
Original post by AmyFran
oooo if you can get the 21st thats when I'm going! Might've been said early but what field are you applying for? x

I've applied for adult nursing. I'm hoping it works out for the 21st otherwise I'm probably going to reschedule Bucks for an alternative date as I seriously feel like the 18th of April is the last selection date lol and I just don't want to risk it. I'll find out on Monday can't believe I'm actually wishing my weekend away just so Monday comes round quicker lol so sad!
*******Help Needed Please********

Anyone who has already had an interview at KCL for nursing, wondering if you might be able to help me. I have been invited to the selection day on the 18th April. I'm travelling from Dublin & i've booked the last flight home @8.25 the thing is that means i have to be back at Luton for around 7pm which if the group discussion doesn't finish until 5.30pm is starting to cut it fine!

Could I ask if i were to be called for group discussion @3.45 & it lasts half an hour, are you free to go after or are you expected to wait until the afternoon wraps up at 5.30? because if i have to wait until 5.30 & it over runs i could be in bother making my flight!

Any chance anone might be able to elay my fears!? and give me an idea of the timings?

Mucho appreciated
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 59
I've applied for adult nursing. I'm hoping it works out for the 21st otherwise I'm probably going to reschedule Bucks for an alternative date as I seriously feel like the 18th of April is the last selection date lol and I just don't want to risk it. I'll find out on Monday can't believe I'm actually wishing my weekend away just so Monday comes round quicker lol so sad!

Oh well I hope it works out for you x let me know if your coming to kings :smile: x I know what you mean about wishing the weekend away though, I had my first interview today, spent the whole weekend Waiting for Monday x

Quick Reply