The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HeadintheClouds93
I'm awaiting results for Biology, Geography and General Studies.

Last year I got B for Biology, and C for Geography. I'm only doing an AS in General Studies, and our college forced us all to do it against our will, so no one gave a toss about it. I'm still interested to see the grade I got.

I predict myself a low B in Biology and a C-D in Geography. Really need B's in both for uni :frown:

What board are you in for geography?
Original post by sophiakhan
What board are you in for geography?

AQA :smile:

To whoever negged me: Aye, I'm not too pleased about being on AQA either.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 922
I'm waiting for C3, C4, FP1, D1, and BUSS1, I worked my ass off for months, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be one of them people saying: 'The hard work paid off.'

They didn't go very well at all, good luck everyone else though! :biggrin:
Reply 923
Original post by Insanity514
Waiting for BIOL4, PHYS-A-4, S1 and CHEM4 :biggrin:

Scared about BIOL4, I thought that exam was dodgy compared to past papers, really want that A* :unsure:

when you say BIOL4, is that AQA?

if it is, then for me the actual difficulty wasnt THAT bad but there was quite a lot to do in the allocated time :/
Original post by HeadintheClouds93
AQA :smile:

To whoever negged me: Aye, I'm not too pleased about being on AQA either.

Bad luck :cool:

Edit: No idea why this justified neg...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 925
Original post by Alex J

if it is, then for me the actual difficulty wasnt THAT bad but there was quite a lot to do in the allocated time :/

Yeah I had issues with time....
But to be honest I think i'll be resitting :P
Not going to be suprised if i fail ^_^
Original post by Alex J

Yeah AQA. Yeah that's partly the reason that it was dodgy. Those 3 markers required 5 marker answers just to make sure I included ever point. Also two of the last 3 big questions were too vague unlike most papers. I know quite a lot of people who didn't manage to finish. And I agree, the difficulty was average.
Reply 927
is a level results day definitely on 8th of march?? i heard it was on the 15th!!!!???
Reply 928
Original post by Raj K
is a level results day definitely on 8th of march?? i heard it was on the 15th!!!!???

8th.
Reply 929
Original post by f1mad
8th.

oh god. thanks (:
Reply 930
Original post by Raj K

I thought this too, I guess it's a good thing that we'll find out a week earlier than expected...

I'm waiting for C3, D1, PSYA3, CRIT1 and HIS2B results. I kinda wish I knew now, I think I did okay but I don't like waiting D:
Reply 931
I'm waiting for GOVP2, GOVP3A, LAW02, LAW03 and LTA1C. Oddly feeling more confident about my A2 exams than any of my resits :/ I honestly just want to know how I've done and what I may need to redo :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 932
Original post by hjayne
I thought this too, I guess it's a good thing that we'll find out a week earlier than expected...

I'm waiting for C3, D1, PSYA3, CRIT1 and HIS2B results. I kinda wish I knew now, I think I did okay but I don't like waiting D:

Aww dont worry!! i hate waiting too! and all that suspense until we finally open the envelope :/ i didnt like core 3 ): last 2 questions were nt good for me but i tried my best. By the way can i ask you how Decision 1 was like? I have that exam in May..people say it's really easy ..easier than core 1..which i disagree lol i hate the decision 1 module so much i dont see any point in it. Any tips please?
Waiting for Philosophy Unit 1 retake... good luck to everyone who's waiting for multiple papers, very nerve-wracking!
Reply 934
YWaiting on BIOL4 and Eng lang 3 I think.. I forget the name of that one , but both are AQA anyway
So nervous but excited at the same time ..

Edit: so why was I negged?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 935
Waiting for 6BIO1, F321, C1, RS ethics paper(OCR), C2, and D1 results. Absolutely terrified!
Can't wait, Its gonna be my first Alevel result... for Physics, Bio, Chem. Hopefully done very well. This will be an indication of whether i am an Medicine material or not. Also a great boost and confidence will be influenced by these grades. fingers crossed (AAA)
Reply 937
15 days to go! :woo:
Reply 938
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Can't take my maths teacher seriously when he talks about sinh - 'shine' just sounds weird in the middle of mathsy words.
Original post by -Illmatic-
hyperbolic sine sounds better than adding all the 'h's :biggrin:tanh(x) sounds the weirdest
Original post by Contrad!ction.
My teacher says 'shine', 'cosh', 'tanch', 'sech', 'cosech' and I'm not entirely sure how we pronounce coth, but I think my teacher calls it 'cotanch'.Tanch sounds like an adjective for something that's disgusting: 'ugh, that's so tanch' :tongue:FP2, C4 and G494 are the modules I've been taught.

I have never heard anyone say 'shine'. Just 'sinch'. Though I haven't started FP2 yet so I can't vouch for how my teachers (and therefore the rest of the class) pronounce it.

Also, what's G494, and which exam board is that on?
Original post by FO12DY
I have never heard anyone say 'shine'. Just 'sinch'. Though I haven't started FP2 yet so I can't vouch for how my teachers (and therefore the rest of the class) pronounce it.

Also, what's G494, and which exam board is that on?

He manage to trip over his words and call 'sech' 'shrek' somehow today :tongue:

G494 is physics, OCR B.

Quick Reply

Latest