The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kaylafrances

YAY!!!!! what time's yours?

12pm on the 14th. 4am start for me, doh :frown: When's yours? I'm so happy I think I squealed at the email :biggrin:
Reply 861
Original post by 91632
What course?

fine art :smile:
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
12pm on the 14th. 4am start for me, doh :frown: When's yours? I'm so happy I think I squealed at the email :biggrin:

awww! you have to travel farrrr

mines on the 21st like a week later at 4pm
i squealed too haha
awww! you have to travel farrrr

mines on the 21st like a week later at 4pm
i squealed too haha

Awww what? You get a week extra! Art courses are so prejudiced against northerners I'm sure of it :tongue:
Awww what? You get a week extra! Art courses are so prejudiced against northerners I'm sure of it :tongue:

yeah it's weird! i dunno are they? i bet its just all random
i've already sent back the confirmation slip thing hahaha so keen
yeah it's weird! i dunno are they? i bet its just all random
i've already sent back the confirmation slip thing hahaha so keen

Damn, I didn't even read the email. I was too excited :colondollar:
Damn, I didn't even read the email. I was too excited :colondollar:

idiiiiiiiot hehe what would you do without me
:colondollar: :biggrin:
also it only says one essay. someone mentioned you need two... unless that was for brighton?
idiiiiiiiot hehe what would you do without me
:colondollar: :biggrin:
also it only says one essay. someone mentioned you need two... unless that was for brighton?

I know, facepalm right there. It's 2 for Brighton for some stupid reason, no one does that much writing even on a foundation course!
congrats on your interviews for goldsmiths,

had my interview at glasgow today, thought it went well, and they accept 20 out of the 80 they invite to interview so odds aren't too bad, but who knows, plus won't find out till the end of march, it's my first choice and the the wait might kill me, why do scottish schools have to take so long??? gah
Original post by rayray12310
congrats on your interviews for goldsmiths,

had my interview at glasgow today, thought it went well, and they accept 20 out of the 80 they invite to interview so odds aren't too bad, but who knows, plus won't find out till the end of march, it's my first choice and the the wait might kill me, why do scottish schools have to take so long??? gah

ah good
are you scottish?
ah good
are you scottish?

nope from london, currently sitting in an internet cafe in glasgow, train isnt for another hour and a bit, 5 hours each way, not a nice a journey, but i've been catching up on an art essay which was due like a month ago and failing to finish some french translations :/
Original post by rayray12310
nope from london, currently sitting in an internet cafe in glasgow, train isnt for another hour and a bit, 5 hours each way, not a nice a journey, but i've been catching up on an art essay which was due like a month ago and failing to finish some french translations :/

oh wow it'd be an amazing achievement for you to get in
we were told they barely accept anyone from england, and so i felt it'd be a waste of a choice but it sounds like you have a good chance :smile:
Hi guys, congratulations on your interviews for Goldsmiths!

I just got a rejection from Slade. :/ Without interview, yet again. I have interviews for Goldsmtihs and Chelsea, and I find it a real bummer that I didn't even get an interview for UCL. Definitely don't understand their standards at all or what they're looking for, but whatever. I'm going to go and do my best to get into unis I did get interviews for. :tongue:
oh wow it'd be an amazing achievement for you to get in
we were told they barely accept anyone from england, and so i felt it'd be a waste of a choice but it sounds like you have a good chance :smile:

thanks, here's hoping, my tutor said a similar thing and just to be happy that i made it to interview stage, and it doesn't exactly help that they LOVE international students as well because of fees, but i've wanted to go there for like three years so depending on the feedback they give me ill probs do a foundation and then reapply, plus then i could apply for tbm at wimbledon which looks really good.
Reply 874
Original post by Princeling

I just got a rejection from Slade. :/ Without interview, yet again. I have interviews for Goldsmtihs and Chelsea, and I find it a real bummer that I didn't even get an interview for UCL. Definitely don't understand their standards at all or what they're looking for, but whatever. I'm going to go and do my best to get into unis I did get interviews for. :tongue:

Ahhh Man I did too :/ Oh well I'll live. I still have Lancaster. Has anyone heard from CSM?
Reply 875
Oh I haven't heard from Slade yet.
Original post by Princeling

Original post by joelchan
Ahhh Man I did too :/ Oh well I'll live. I still have Lancaster. Has anyone heard from CSM?

And me. Oh well, I knew it was coming. I had to get my sister to look first though, I was terrified it might be Brighton and I'm not ready for that rejection yet!
Original post by joelchan

I'm sorry, man. :/ I thought your work was good enough to get an interview. Slade seems to have the most random lottery system, because nothing they do makes sense. Good luck with your other unis.
Original post by Village Whisper
And me. Oh well, I knew it was coming. I had to get my sister to look first though, I was terrified it might be Brighton and I'm not ready for that rejection yet!

Seems like everyone got rejected just now. :/ Sorry about it; I find it kind of annoying they accepted people first thing and reject us so much later (and only through track). Would have been much easier to take and less of a headache if they just did the rejections first.
ooo snap with the ucl rejection, tho it really was to be expected

are any of u going to ask for feedback? it might be useful but idk, the email could be kinda awkward

Quick Reply

Latest