The Student Room Group

Primary Education 2012 Scotland

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clairemckenziex
I can't choose whether I would want to go to strathclyde or Glasgow, I've heard strathclyde has the better reputation?

When I was putting my choices in order of preference, I put Strathclyde above Glasgow because of the emphasis on Catholicism in Glasgow. If you're not Catholic, you still have to study Catholicism in great detail and I personally didn't want to do this. I didn't look at reputations when I made my decisions, I based my decisions on what each course could offer me and which I thought would suit me best as a learner.
Original post by HeatherHatter
When I was putting my choices in order of preference, I put Strathclyde above Glasgow because of the emphasis on Catholicism in Glasgow. If you're not Catholic, you still have to study Catholicism in great detail and I personally didn't want to do this. I didn't look at reputations when I made my decisions, I based my decisions on what each course could offer me and which I thought would suit me best as a learner.

A very good idea. As I said before all the courses are different and you should look into them before selecting the one you wish to do if you have more than one option.
Reply 122
Original post by clairemckenziex
I have an unconditional from glasgow and got another today for the MA course in the Glasgow Dumfries campus but still haven't heard back from strathclyde or Dundee... :frown: I applied two days before the deadline date so I'm hoping that's why, I can't choose whether I would want to go to strathclyde or Glasgow, I've heard strathclyde has the better reputation?

I'd highly recommend prioritizing Glasgow MA and Dundee due to the fact they now run Masters courses which are much more modern then B.Eds. This is most likely the last year of B.Eds
Reply 123
i just found out i have an interview for dundee! has anyone else had theres? as a result i am not going to attend my aberdeen interview as they are the same day:frown:
Reply 124
Original post by K.AND
i just found out i have an interview for dundee! has anyone else had theres? as a result i am not going to attend my aberdeen interview as they are the same day:frown:

email or call and ask for it to be rescheduled :smile: I had to do that due to prelims and it all went well
Original post by K.AND

Ring up whichever university sent the invitation for interview second and ask to change the date (after explaining the situation) - if I remember correctly, you have to accept your interview at Aberdeen, so I'm not sure if you could change the date after you'd done that. If you explain that you've already got an interview for another university on the same day, then they will see that you are still keen to go and hopefully allow you to reschedule :smile: But if Aberdeen sent you the invitation a while back, and Dundee sent it today, I'd advise contacting Dundee to change the date, not Aberdeen... but that's just me :tongue:
I'm an international applicant to this course and I am stressing out like a mad cow! I applied to Strathclyde, UWS, Aberdeen, Stirling and Dundee and have only gotten acknowledgements so far. My mind is filled with thoughts about the year to come - will I get to uni or do I have to spend another year working and possibly taking a foundation course at some college. :| I'm so worried I won't get in... My grades are good enough for the course, but what if my PS sucked arse and that's me, failing, not getting a single interview or offer?

I just want to do the interviews, get offers and stop this crazy anxiety that has taken over my brain!

The application process is so different from what it is here in Finland... :biggrin:
Reply 127
Original post by chameleon94

Have you got your presentation all done for Dundee? :smile: Yaaaay, well done :biggrin: I keep wondering, (I haven't applied there) but do Edinburgh do interviews or not?

Yeah got my presentation sorted, hope it goes well :smile: Edinburgh isn't doing interviews this year :P
Reply 128
Rejected from Dundee, February is not a fun month :frown:
Reply 129
is anyones dundee interview the 24th of february?
Congratulations, you must be very happy :biggrin: did you have to do an interview for Edinburgh?

I'm absolutely over the moon! (: Edinburgh aren't doing interviews this year.
Reply 131
2 rejections
2 interviews
one last mystery...stirling

who has an interview for aberdeen coming up this week?!

has anyone not heard back from any universities at all yet?
Don't stress. Admissions are slooow
Reply 132
Original post by nadiaha
2 rejections
2 interviews

Oh not so good about the rejections :frown: where they from? What's not meant to be isn't for you :smile: well done about your interviews tho, where are they for?
Reply 133
Anyone heard back from Dundee after their interview?
Reply 134
Original post by Gemma1994
Anyone heard back from Dundee after their interview?

I got a conditional last monday :smile:
Reply 135
Original post by nadiaha
2 rejections
2 interviews

Yeah I got an interview tomorrow, really worried about it ><
I've got an unconditional for the Bed at Edinburgh and an interview for Strathclyde but I'm yet to hear from Stirling.. Has anybody heard from them yet?
Original post by Gjaykay
Yeah I got an interview tomorrow, really worried about it ><

Good luck! Don't be worried, all the interview/tutor people up here are really friendly :smile:
Original post by _KatieWhite
I've got an unconditional for the Bed at Edinburgh and an interview for Strathclyde but I'm yet to hear from Stirling.. Has anybody heard from them yet?

I haven't heard anything yet but in my acknowledgment e-mail it says they'll start sending offers from late February and throughout March (or, well, they aim for this). So, I guess people will soon start to hear from Stirling!
Reply 139
Original post by HeatherHatter
Good luck! Don't be worried, all the interview/tutor people up here are really friendly :smile:

Yeah they really were, wasn't as formal as I expected lol

Quick Reply