Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where do you all go socially?!

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've lived in Cambridge all my life but on nights out etc I've never met a Cambridge uni student, only Anglia Ruskin! Don't get me wrong, I hardly talk to masses of people when I'm out but just interested to know where your student nights are etc? I tend to go to Revs most the time, and occassionally Fez...but I've heard rumours there's a "posh" club somewhere that only lets you in if you wear tuxedos and posh, silk dresses, I'm praying this is true. Just to stare as people walk in like a peasant.

Anyways where's the local watering hole for all you clever people?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used to go to The Free Press and The Elm, down Mill Road, to the Emperor and the Empress. Our college had the only tolerable bar because it was student-run and the music was strictly governed by the barman, no jukebox toss. Clubs, in my honest opinion, were garbage. Kambar was best and it was fairly subhuman.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    All student nights out are on Sunday-Thursday. The city centre is dominated by townies on Friday and Saturday.
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    I presume you're thinking of the Pitt Club, but that's very, very exclusive - most Cambridge students don't go there. Generally, people go to Cindies (Ballare), Fez and Revs, but as tommm says, generally they go in the week, and on the weekend are to be found in college bars.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 23, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.