The Student Room Group

Working in Disney?

Has anybody you know worked in Disneyland? I'm doing a project on it and would like to see what it's like to work there, if you've heard anything about working there and mainly whether you had any bad experiences...

Thank You :smile:
Do you mean Walt Disney Worlf (Florida), Disneyland (California) or one of the other parks?
If WDW, then I know you can get into that by yummyjobs, so there could provide some basic information.
Original post by dramaticduck
Has anybody you know worked in Disneyland? I'm doing a project on it and would like to see what it's like to work there, if you've heard anything about working there and mainly whether you had any bad experiences...

Thank You :smile:

I heard it is bad in terms of treatment to employees but still having the name Disney in your Cv is like gold.
Reply 3
I know someone who did the international programme at Disneyworld Florida. She hated it at first but started to like it after a while. Good tips made a big difference to her overall opinion of it. She said the major problem with it was poor management and just being left to fend for herself after very little training. Communication can be poor between the management and those on the programme as well as there's supposedly this middle tier of organisation that everyone likes to pretend exists and is meant to supervise everyone very closely and mentor them, but which no one actually seems to be able to make any use of.

That was four years ago now though, so things may have changed a lot since then. I'm not entirely sure that programme still exists in the same form. It took her places though. Last I spoke to her she was working for the group that owns Alton Towers and she isn't a graduate either.
Reply 4
Well the one one job i wouldnt want to do is chill in a sweaty costume all day
Reply 5
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Do you mean Walt Disney Worlf (Florida), Disneyland (California) or one of the other parks?
If WDW, then I know you can get into that by yummyjobs, so there could provide some basic information.

I mean any disneyland in general :smile:

And thank you for the help everyone :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by dramaticduck
I mean any disneyland in general :smile:

And thank you for the help everyone :smile:

"Disneyland" shouldn't be generalised because it's far from the same across the different parks (despite that they're all called "Disneyland"). From what I understand, you'll find major differences (in work) between the parks. What might appeal to you in one of them, might not in another, etc.
Reply 7
for some reason, i can't post the link, but google 'the dark side of disneyland paris', there is a pretty damning independent article all about miserable employees.
Reply 8
I know this post is old, but i worked in Walt Disney World, in June 2009 - 2010, and it was seriously the best year of my life. It deffo wasn't easy, but you've got to remember where you are, its amazing to have Disney on my CV and the benefits whilst out there was amazing. You got free entry to all of the Disney theme parks and water parks on your day off, you get 20% off most merchendise, and around christmas time that goes up to 50% off, its cheap rent, with free transport to all the parks, wal-mart and the florida mall, and i have made some amazing friends from around the world. Best year of my life :smile:
Original post by mpark90
I know this post is old, but i worked in Walt Disney World, in June 2009 - 2010, and it was seriously the best year of my life. It deffo wasn't easy, but you've got to remember where you are, its amazing to have Disney on my CV and the benefits whilst out there was amazing. You got free entry to all of the Disney theme parks and water parks on your day off, you get 20% off most merchendise, and around christmas time that goes up to 50% off, its cheap rent, with free transport to all the parks, wal-mart and the florida mall, and i have made some amazing friends from around the world. Best year of my life :smile:

i was really considering doing an international programme for 3 months there. Is it easy to make friends? did you get put in accomodation? Im mostly scared about being in huge America all alone!!
Reply 10
Someone I knew worked in Florida on a placement with Disney and absolutely loved it.
Reply 11
Hey Hey, Its so easy to make friends, if you think about if, everybody is in the same boat, going to america from another country, yeah you get places in accommodation, there is wellness and non-wellness, wellness accommodation only houses people under 21 years of age (for their drinking rule) also, its never mixed, so your always all girls or all boys.

I made so many good friends, i've been home nearly 2 years from my program and some of my best friends right now are ones i made whilst working for the mouse. I'd say go for it, It looks amazing on your CV, has some amazing benefits and its so much fun :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending